Bitcoin currency of the future?

Bitcoin just hit a record yesterday trading at over 3000$

ethereum is blowin up, but who knows what'll happen in its future. i dont understand the technology

onecoin recently got rekt for being nothing more than a ponzi scheme moving hundreds of millions of dollars.

i think its inevitable that cryptocurrency and blockchain technology will be prevalent in the future, but who the hell knows which "coin" will be THE coin

Ethereum is attracting the best of the best blockchain developers. Has a long list of fortune 500 companies investing in its architecture.

It can do everything bitcoin can and better plus it's a programming platform which can host programs and contracts of all types.

Even if Ethereum meets competition, blockchain technology isn't going anywhere. Anyone worth a shit in tech and finance is seriously investing in this space.

@Ruprecht any way you can consolidate the other bitcoin/cryptocurrency threads into one would be appreciated

Bitcoin has dropped terribly twice in the past 24hrs :eek:
I don't like seeing it drop(bad for all of crypto) but it's the result of high transaction fees and a slow network compared to Ethereum.

I'm sure BTC is far from done though. I just hope the swollen assholes will accept that it needs a hard fork to fix some of its issues.

All yo fool are wack the future is in dogecoins
HT_dogecoin_nt_131226_16x9_992.jpg
Dogecoin looks to be the Zimbabwe version of altcoins.

I don't like seeing it drop(bad for all of crypto) but it's the result of high transaction fees and a slow network compared to Ethereum.

I'm sure BTC is far from done though. I just hope the swollen assholes will accept that it needs a hard fork to fix some of its issues.
BTC has massive swings both ways but continues to trend upwards.

Do you use Ledger, Trezor, KeepKey or something else?

Long term I personally like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Iconomi, Melonport, and Golem. The Zcash team just announced a partnership with JPMorgan which doubled the price overnight. Could still be room to grow.
What do you think about Waves and XEM?

I've been trying to sell $300 worth of BTC for over a month now. Everyone keeps flaking out out on me.

Me and 2 other buddies as an experiment bought 10k worth of it. About 3500 a piece. We're gonna wait and see what happens.

I think fornthe most part bitcoin is a little expensive to buy now but this Etherium Looks like it might have some promise.

Once they get hooked up with a major bank like Chase or something like thst the price will skyrocket.
I thought NEO was supposed to be "the one" Chinese currency?

And Ripple is backed by a bank. Lots of people believing in crypto loathe that though. To them, it's like letting Anton LaVey preach in your church.

I thought NEO was supposed to be "the one" Chinese currency?

And Ripple is backed by a bank. Lots of people believing in crypto loathe that though. To them, it's like letting Anton LaVey preach in your church.

I'll have to do some reading up on why you mentioned.

LiteCoin also jumped in price and Now I kick myself becasue I shouldve bought that when it was like $17.

I'll have to do some reading up on why you mentioned.

LiteCoin also jumped in price and Now I kick myself becasue I shouldve bought that when it was like $17.
I'd like to put a little money into some of the penny coins just in case one explodes.

I was a crypto naysayer years back. Now I'm kicking myself. Better late than never.

Admittedly i dont even care otherwise i would find out by reading

But i dont get how this can even work, some random dude creates these things called bitcoins on a computer by himself and decides they are equivalent to actual money and then all of a sudden hes a billionaire and this is the currency of the future. Based on what ?

Admittedly i dont even care otherwise i would find out by reading

But i dont get how this can even work, some random dude creates these things called bitcoins on a computer by himself and decides they are equivalent to actual money and then all of a sudden hes a billionaire and this is the currency of the future. Based on what ?

Just buy few cheap altcoins and forget about it. It's just beginning. The whole market is not even 10 years old. We are the early adopters .

Let me put this in really simple terms:

1. The underlying technology is called blockchain. It has tons of uses, and I wouldn't be surprised if places like Amazon implemented it throughout their inventory to manage their supply chains. Go watch a few YouTube videos on blockchain if you have the chance.

2. This is the early adoption period. Bitcoin, Etherium, etc. are the first ones in the line. Some will be like MySpace or AskJeeves and fade away into obscurity, and another might be like Google or Facebook and become the industry standard. If you want in, you might need to hedge your bets or take a gamble. Also, just because you don't understand it or appreciate it because "it's just what some nerd built" doesn't mean that it isn't important to the future in some way. Eventually, all of you who think this way started using computers and different services, so go ahead and keep being the asshole who just shows up late to the party every time.

Let me put this in really simple terms:

1. The underlying technology is called blockchain. It has tons of uses, and I wouldn't be surprised if places like Amazon implemented it throughout their inventory to manage their supply chains. Go watch a few YouTube videos on blockchain if you have the chance.

2. This is the early adoption period. Bitcoin, Etherium, etc. are the first ones in the line. Some will be like MySpace or AskJeeves and fade away into obscurity, and another might be like Google or Facebook and become the industry standard. If you want in, you might need to hedge your bets or take a gamble. Also, just because you don't understand it or appreciate it because "it's just what some nerd built" doesn't mean that it isn't important to the future in some way. Eventually, all of you who think this way started using computers and different services, so go ahead and keep being the asshole who just shows up late to the party every time.

Its nothing to do with not appreciating it because a "nerd" built it

Its because, what is it based in? there is nothing perceptible to it, how has it even got to this stage. How has some guy in his room made something and decided it will take the place or work along side real money which has been around forever and is backed by the banking system. How can one person in his room do such a thing and instantly become a billionaire, simply based on nothing ? and if its based on nothing, it can disappear back to nothing easily

Back