Bit of Game Theory - Why Fergie is the better bet against McBum

gb@Trumpski

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
khabibs skill in takedown, further more his bullying G&P seems the argument put forward for why Khabib is the better of the two.

But given that both Fergie and Khabib will take down McBum when they have the opportunity, and both will beat him on the ground, khabibs superioirty is not needed here

What is needed is Fergies better competence standing

Thus my prediction is that Conor would rather fight Khabib than Fergie if he is forced to fight one of them

The counterargument is if he thinks he can bait Fergie into a stand up war, but I doubt it as Fergie is too unpredictable to bet like that

since Ferguson's manager also reps Conor McGregor. I dont want to see them fight at all; however I used to think it would cement Tony as the best LW in UFC if it had happened. Now I dont think Khabib is someone that would sell out so I hope he beats Ferguson and then destroys McGregor.

tonys striking sucks. he will run right into that left
It is more dangerous than khabibs, and probbaly more able to take punishment, and more varied a fighter to adapt to what conor will bring

I'm sorry, but who is McBum?
1644d1113271159-post-your-internet-oddites-mcbum.jpg

I like fergs chin ALOT better than kaboob's in a fight with Conor, I could see Ferguson weathering the early storm and kaboob getting KTFO early

khabibs skill in takedown, further more his bullying G&P seems the argument put forward for why Khabib is the better of the two.

But given that both Fergie and Khabib will take down McBum when they have the opportunity, and both will beat him on the ground, khabibs superioirty is not needed here

What is needed is Fergies better competence standing

Thus my prediction is that Conor would rather fight Khabib than Fergie if he is forced to fight one of them

The counterargument is if he thinks he can bait Fergie into a stand up war, but I doubt it as Fergie is too unpredictable to bet like that

T Ferg almost got KTFO by a late replacement with 0-0 UFC record.

McGOAT will destroy his ass in 20 seconds and then you'd cry about fluke KO just like you did with Aldo.

since Ferguson's manager also reps Conor McGregor. I dont want to see them fight at all; however I used to think it would cement Tony as the best LW in UFC if it had happened. Now I dont think Khabib is someone that would sell out so I hope he beats Ferguson and then destroys McGregor.
So why does it matter whose manager is whose? I couldn't even tell you anything about an MMA manager. Seems pretty insignificant

So why does it matter whose manager is whose? I couldn't even tell you anything about an MMA manager. Seems pretty insignificant
conflict of interest perhaps. as I stated, I think Khabib is more serious about getting that Championship fight with McGregor anyway.

Fuck your game theory

Doesn't matter who wins. Both have a good shot at beating Mcgregor !!!

I think you're underating Conor's Tdd. I don't think it's a given that Tony can takedown mcgreggor. Khabibs superior wrestling is definitely an advantage that could get him takedowns in spots Tony might not.

I think you're underating Conor's Tdd. I don't think it's a given that Tony can takedown mcgreggor. Khabibs superior wrestling is definitely an advantage that could get him takedowns in spots Tony might not.

We've only seen Conor against significantly smaller wrestlers, and one of the two was easily able to take him down.

Tony provides an entire new threat with his additional reach and excellent wrestling.

T Ferg almost got KTFO by a late replacement with 0-0 UFC record.

McGOAT will destroy his ass in 20 seconds and then you'd cry about fluke KO just like you did with Aldo.
Are you sure thats popcorn you've got in your mouth ? <45>

If its so easy conor shouldnt have any difficulty getting the fight done

Are you sure thats popcorn you've got in your mouth ? <45>

If its so easy conor shouldnt have any difficulty getting the fight done

Why would he? A high school math exam would be piss easy for a University math professor, but why the hell would he waste time sitting a high school math exam? There's no challenge there. The Mayweather fight represents a far bigger challenge, and it's much higher profile with much more prize money. That's what a real prize fighter should go after.

The thing I've noticed with McGregor's fights is that they tend to end where he wants them to be. Alvares was the man to take him down and pound him out. So was Mendes...

Fighters seem to forget what they are doing around McGregor. Ferg will probably fall for McGregor mind games and stand with him than Khabib would.

Why would he? A high school math exam would be piss easy for a University math professor, but why the hell would he waste time sitting a high school math exam? There's no challenge there. The Mayweather fight represents a far bigger challenge, and it's much higher profile with much more prize money. That's what a real prize fighter should go after.
the delusion fella, cmon he aint proved nothing of note.
a professor has.

the delusion fella, cmon he aint proved nothing of note.
a professor has.

Nothing of note? Conor is by far the biggest star in MMA with paydays that's equal to GSP's net worth. If that's not something of note then you're in denial. PRIZE is one of, if not the most important aspect of prize fighting.

Nothing of note? Conor is by far the biggest star in MMA with paydays that's equal to GSP's net worth. If that's not something of note then you're in denial. PRIZE is one of, if not the most important aspect of prize fighting.
But thats irreleveent when discussing his fighting capability.

But thats irreleveent when discussing his fighting capability.

Prize is not relevant when discussing fighting capability?

How much you make in prize fighting is directly correlated with your fighting ability.

Throughout the history of combat sport you can bring up any highest paid fighter at any point in time and he will always be among the best of his era, if not straight up THE BEST.

Hell forget prize fighting, look up any other professional sport, look up who's getting paid the most, and tell me that guy isn't among the very best if not straight up the best at the sport.

Back