Bisping's comments re a retirement fight with Machida

Dirge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I think this would be a good fight for both guys and a fitting retirement fight for Bisping.

However where is Bisping's usual commentary? He is known for being rather harsh on fighters that failed drug tests and yet no mention of Machida's failed test.

Seems a bit hypocritical because its the match he wants.

sign me up for that one.

2MzImBd.gif

He said he doesn't want to trash talk in his last night,

Least we remember him as some kind of asshole.

Not seeing the hypocrisy

Did Machida get popped? I thought he disclosed on paperwork he was taking a banned supplement that had been banned just that year. Then he was suspended.

Perfect retirement fight for both.

Would be even better if they made a triple threat match with Vitor thrown in.

There's no need to see these old legends fight young beasts.

Because everyone knows Machida's suspension was bullshit.

No I'm not biased

do you like hand jobs?

seriously though, you may have found one small example of hypocrisy (e.g. Bisping doesn't want to fight someone who's tested + in the past....except for when he does). but the fact is, finding hypocrisy in this sport is as tough as finding Dana White F bombs.

Bisping wants a relatively easy*, safe*, high profile, high paying last fight. Machida fits that bill.

*2012 Machida wouldn't have fit the 'relatively easy' or 'safe' criteria, but today's Machida does.

I think this would be a good fight for both guys and a fitting retirement fight for Bisping.

However where is Bisping's usual commentary? He is known for being rather harsh on fighters that failed drug tests and yet no mention of Machida's failed test.

Seems a bit hypocritical because its the match he wants.

It’s because Machida didn’t even cheat. He used something you can buy at fuckin walmart when it wasn’t labeled on the do not use list on the Brazilian website for USADA. He admitted to it and got fucked. It’s actually pathetic that they suspended this guy for as long as they did.

With that said, he said he’s not really looking at Machida for that fight but, I think it’d be great considering where they are at in their careers.

He did mention it though and said it kind of takes away from him wanting to fight Machida. Also did he ever even test positive? He was taking a supplement he was unaware was banned and admitted to it, that's a little different than popping for roids.

Back