Bisping vs Woodley?????

Mcgregor's UFC

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Michael Bisping's commented yesterday regarding the threatening of taking away GSP's title fight if he doesn't sign for a July 8 date.

“I heard that he wanted like September or October and that is what the UFC told me as well. But I am just throwing it out there right now. If he (GSP) wants to wait until September or October, then he can go find himself another opponent. Because I call the shots. Without sounding like an asshole, it is my belt. I am the champion, and I am not willing to sit around until September or October. This fight was discussed in January. You know a fight camp only takes 8 weeks. Or six weeks. So fighting in September or October is ridiculous. July 8 is the date. I may be a little bit flexible and be willing to go a little past that date if needed. But I want to fight international fight week July 8.”

In lieu of these comments Tyron Woodley has offered to step up in GSP place, it's unclear at what weight Woodley is offering but earlier in the year the two both wanted a catchweight fight. The likelihood however of this happening seems low, due to the fact a GSP-Bisping payday is much higher for the UFC. However no contract has been signed yet by GSP and it seems obvious Bisping isn't waiting.

The fight seems to make sense for Woodley as he's beaten most of the top guys and despite his last snoozer vs Thompson where he finally came to life in the final round before almost knocking out Thompson, I think people would enjoy this fight. Yes we all want to see Maia get his shot at the title, but with Maia fighting Masvidal in Dallas a July turnaround seems unrealistic. As for Bisping if he's not fighting GSP I'd rather see him defend against Romero, a much larger threat than either Woodley or GSP.
However like I said Expect GSP to sign the papers and be ready International Fight week July 8. What do you guys think?

Back