Bisping vs GSP will be a mismatch.

I'm not even a fan of Romero but he smashed the glove holder Kennedy and having a close fight with Jacare isn't a bad thing. The LW and WW champs have the same cardio issues Romero has and fighters know exactly how many rounds they're scheduled for well before the fight so they gameplan accordingly. I want GSP to win but he's mister "don't blink" so whatever he says about being better than ever means shit right now. I'd like to hear a reporter ask him if he still thinks the UFC is a legit organization after being gifted a titleshot at a weight he's never fought at. Also have to lol at what Chael said about getting schooled by GSP considering his fight against Tito.
Yea he smashed Kennedy after he already lost the fight. Failure to answer the bell is a loss. Its not even subjective. If you don't get up, it is over, you lose.

Against Jacare he gassed out after 1 round. 1 fucking round. Yea, a probably 10-8 round especially under the new rules, but if that was a 5 round fight no way was Romero winning.

He has shown Cardio issues time n time again, and point remains- he has never gone 5 rounds. Hell not even 4. He's never been into the championship rounds.

GSP getting a title shot after 9 successful title defenses in the weight class below, and vacating the belt rather than being beat, seems like the most credible route to take to move up and challenge for the belt in the division above.

Conor did it with much much less.

We wanted GSP to move up since when? The argument against him being GOAT is that he never moved up. Now he's returning after retiring with the belt, to test himself further...by moving up, and you same fools who hated on him for never moving up, are hating up for "getting a title shot in a division he never fought at"

You guys are silly as hell. You're just mad because GSP is moving up to fight someone who you know he could beat rather easily. Well, its not GSP's fault that Anderson disrespected his opponent and clowned around in a title fight, before testing positive for steroids in his first random. Its not his fault that Rockhold couldn't beat Cabo Bisping. Ya'll give Nate mad props for winning on 2-weeks, you refuse to give Bisping the same props because "he got lucky".

Haters be hating.

Yea he smashed Kennedy after he already lost the fight. Failure to answer the bell is a loss. Its not even subjective. If you don't get up, it is over, you lose.

Against Jacare he gassed out after 1 round. 1 fucking round. Yea, a probably 10-8 round especially under the new rules, but if that was a 5 round fight no way was Romero winning.

He has shown Cardio issues time n time again, and point remains- he has never gone 5 rounds. Hell not even 4. He's never been into the championship rounds.

GSP getting a title shot after 9 successful title defenses in the weight class below, and vacating the belt rather than being beat, seems like the most credible route to take to move up and challenge for the belt in the division above.

We wanted GSP to move up since when? The argument against him being GOAT is that he never moved up. Now he's returning after retiring with the belt, to test himself further...by moving up, and you same fools who hated on him for never moving up, are hating up for "getting a title shot in a division he never fought at"

You guys are silly as hell. You're just mad because GSP is moving up to fight someone who you know he could beat rather easily. Well, its not GSP's fault that Anderson disrespected his opponent and clowned around in a title fight, before testing positive for steroids in his first random. Its not his fault that Rockhold couldn't beat Cabo Bisping. Ya'll give Nate mad props for winning on 2-weeks, you refuse to give Bisping the same props because "he got lucky".

Haters be hating.

the referee told him to stay where he was. He didn't sit down as the ref told him to get up.

Haters be hating.
I never hated on anyone for not moving up there are weight classes for a reason. I've been a fan of GSP since he joined the UFC but he quit trying to finish fights and as impressive as complete domination of fighters might be that's the one thing I can't stand about fighters.

I'm no fan of money fights this bullshit Conor started is for short term gains that will catch up to the UFC real soon.

Looks like Magx951 pretty much cleared up stoolgate for you but I'll add that Romero was cheated out of 4mins and 30 secs of recovery time for those 2 illegal blows.

People are too high on Bisping right now. He's a career journeyman who fluked his way to a belt(sounds familiar...sounds like a guy who got tko'd by GSP a while back) and GSP was one of the most dominant champions of all time. This fight is going to be a mismatch. But that's what you get for putting a journeyman up against one of the best to ever do it in MMA.
GSP also got stopped by a midget. It goes both ways. GSP better hope he's still taking his vitamins.

I'm sick of people saying Bisping is a bitch. It's been a long time since anyone has had an easy time with him. He will have a physical advantage, much less rust, plus he's a damn good antiwrestler

I never hated on anyone for not moving up there are weight classes for a reason. I've been a fan of GSP since he joined the UFC but he quit trying to finish fights and as impressive as complete domination of fighters might be that's the one thing I can't stand about fighters.

I'm no fan of money fights this bullshit Conor started is for short term gains that will catch up to the UFC real soon.

Looks like Magx951 pretty much cleared up stoolgate for you but I'll add that Romero was cheated out of 4mins and 30 secs of recovery time for those 2 illegal blows.
bullshit. What illegal blows? I never read one single expert talk about illegal blows in that fight when breaking down the controversy. I've read what Dana had to say about it, Rogan, the commission... etc, no one ever brought up illegal blows. You're just making shit up.

Anyways, old topic and off topic.

Romero won against Kennedy, and he won against Jacare, point remains both those fights were riddled with controversy. Then of course he fails a test by USADA then cleverly sneaks his way out of it because as an olympian he was taking some shady supplements from some backyard company that didn't list ingredients properly. And like dim has said on the matter - he hasn't sued them yet either.

Dude was suspended again for a month or 2 for jumping out of the cage in MSG (lol that's just funny).

I don't see a solid argument for this man's title shot. Its been less than a year that he was suspended for a banned substance. He's got everything to prove. On top of that, he needs to prove himself in a 5 round fight. A clear #1 contender fight. He's been in 1 5-rounder ever. I think he needs to fight in a 5 round fight next to prove himself.

Its obviously hard to book him in any main-event because he doesn't have any fans. He's not going to sell in Brazil, he doesn't sell in America, he's not going to draw in europe or Asia... he's got no market. He's not sellable, and to top it off he's swamped in controversy, and near the end of his mma career age-wise.

This is why Dana went knocking at GSP and agreed to his terms to have him come back and fight for the title, despite GSP saying he won't be ready for at least 5 more months... despite Dana already announcing that Romero was next in line before going to sign Bisping-GSP.

The UFC doesn't want Romero in a title fight. And that's that.

bullshit. What illegal blows? I never read one single expert talk about illegal blows in that fight when breaking down the controversy. I've read what Dana had to say about it, Rogan, the commission... etc, no one ever brought up illegal blows. You're just making shit up.

Anyways, old topic and off topic.

Romero won against Kennedy, and he won against Jacare, point remains both those fights were riddled with controversy. Then of course he fails a test by USADA then cleverly sneaks his way out of it because as an olympian he was taking some shady supplements from some backyard company that didn't list ingredients properly. And like dim has said on the matter - he hasn't sued them yet either.

Dude was suspended again for a month or 2 for jumping out of the cage in MSG (lol that's just funny).

I don't see a solid argument for this man's title shot. Its been less than a year that he was suspended for a banned substance. He's got everything to prove. On top of that, he needs to prove himself in a 5 round fight. A clear #1 contender fight. He's been in 1 5-rounder ever. I think he needs to fight in a 5 round fight next to prove himself.

Its obviously hard to book him in any main-event because he doesn't have any fans. He's not going to sell in Brazil, he doesn't sell in America, he's not going to draw in europe or Asia... he's got no market. He's not sellable, and to top it off he's swamped in controversy, and near the end of his mma career age-wise.

This is why Dana went knocking at GSP and agreed to his terms to have him come back and fight for the title, despite GSP saying he won't be ready for at least 5 more months... despite Dana already announcing that Romero was next in line before going to sign Bisping-GSP.

The UFC doesn't want Romero in a title fight. And that's that.
tim-kennedy-yoel-romero-gif-illegal.gif

Made up...

That aside I do agree with you about him not being much of a draw outside of the hardcore fans.

If it turns out to be a mismatch it is because Bisping will stuff GSPs TDs easily and knock him out inside 2 rounds.

tim-kennedy-yoel-romero-gif-illegal.gif

Made up...
Uppercuts to the jaw are not 'illegal blows'.

anyways, as I said, that's going off on a tangent. I know what you mean but you represented it wrong. Either way, there are tons of threads on this, and tons of expert analysis... no point beating a juiced horse.

Uppercuts to the jaw are not 'illegal blows'.

anyways, as I said, that's going off on a tangent. I know what you mean but you represented it wrong. Either way, there are tons of threads on this, and tons of expert analysis... no point beating a juiced horse.

come on now don't play semantics

you said some bullshit about the Kennedy/Romero fight and you're using semantics to look less stupid.

Kennedy actually broke the rules, and Romero did what he was told to do.

come on now don't play semantics

you said some bullshit about the Kennedy/Romero fight and you're using semantics to look less stupid.

Kennedy actually broke the rules, and Romero did what he was told to do.
I'm definitely not playing semantics. Dude claimed "illegal blows" and that Romero was cheated out of 4 minutes of recovery.

Now that's playing stupid if anything. There were no illegal blows, and grabbing the glove for a second where it went uncalled by the ref, does not make it an illegal action.

Kennedy did not defy the authorities one time. Romero however, did so. The commission reps had to chase his corner out of the cage, and then when they left they didn't take the stool with them. According to Dana, they cited miscommunication through language barrier but the commission was having none of it, stating that the cornermen (licensed) knew exactly what it meant to get out of the cage when the round-break was up.

According to Dana, the difficulty played in Romero's favor with regards to the vaseline issue that bought him more time, because it was a UFC guy who put the vaseline on him, and not one of his cornermen.

Tim Kennedy was absolutely not called for anything illegal during this fight. So you're not even playing semantics, you're directly falsifying information. Just because you guys found a gif AFTER the entire incident took place, of Kennedy pinky holding Romero's glove for a second while striking it doesn't change facts.

Anyways, like I said, please focus on the issue raised - that this was controversial, the entire thing, and not get caught up in the details of the controversy. The point raised was that controversy surrounds this man. The point remains. If you are arguing that there was NO controversy, then please elaborate.

If this was 2011 i would have told you that Gsp beats him in a very convincing manner. This is 2017, though. Gsp will have massive ring rust and getting older doesn't necessarily help you with long time acl injuries. Also Bisping has a lot of momentum and somehow aged like wine. I would be amazed if Gsp wins.

GSP is a fraud for wanting to fight him then. Nothing to be proud of, win or lose

I like GSP, but I don't like this fight

Lol at nothing to be proud. A WW (who was retired for 3 years and has bad knees) beating the current MW champion is admirable any way you look at it

I'm definitely not playing semantics. Dude claimed "illegal blows" and that Romero was cheated out of 4 minutes of recovery.

Now that's playing stupid if anything. There were no illegal blows, and grabbing the glove for a second where it went uncalled by the ref, does not make it an illegal action.

Kennedy did not defy the authorities one time. Romero however, did so. The commission reps had to chase his corner out of the cage, and then when they left they didn't take the stool with them. According to Dana, they cited miscommunication through language barrier but the commission was having none of it, stating that the cornermen (licensed) knew exactly what it meant to get out of the cage when the round-break was up.

According to Dana, the difficulty played in Romero's favor with regards to the vaseline issue that bought him more time, because it was a UFC guy who put the vaseline on him, and not one of his cornermen.

Tim Kennedy was absolutely not called for anything illegal during this fight. So you're not even playing semantics, you're directly falsifying information. Just because you guys found a gif AFTER the entire incident took place, of Kennedy pinky holding Romero's glove for a second while striking it doesn't change facts.

Anyways, like I said, please focus on the issue raised - that this was controversial, the entire thing, and not get caught up in the details of the controversy. The point raised was that controversy surrounds this man. The point remains. If you are arguing that there was NO controversy, then please elaborate.
Never argued that there was no controversy I simply stated with proof that Kennedy landed his 2 most significant strikes of the fight while grabbing Romeros glove. Your claim that he did nothing illegal because it went unnoticed is ridiculous. You sound like the type of person to encourage cheating as much as possible if that's really how you see things. A foul is a foul and Kennedy did his first.

As for finding the gif after the incident that's usually how it happens there's no such thing as a crystal ball to find it before the fight. I called the foul when it happened and even posted about it right after the fight. Check my post history if you want.

Last edited:
People are too high on Bisping right now. He's a career journeyman who fluked his way to a belt(sounds familiar...sounds like a guy who got tko'd by GSP a while back) and GSP was one of the most dominant champions of all time. This fight is going to be a mismatch. But that's what you get for putting a journeyman up against one of the best to ever do it in MMA.
Fluked his way? Bisping has fought the best of the best even during the TRT era, he fought back to back with a detached retina. He is as tough as they come, win or lose this won't be an easy night for GSP. Personally, until weigh in's, Bisping late KO or decision.

On facts

he choice to fight at MW now that the champ is a easy fight

I would bet everything that he won't fight Romero or Jacare
It's quite clear that he's coming back for the money, outside McGregor or the Diazes this is probably his biggest money fight.

Whether Bisping is an easier fight that woodley is besides the point really.

Bisping has given a fight to every guy he has ever fought. He is tough as nails. Good luck to a guy that relies on waiting for time to run out to win. Bisping is going to bury him.

Never argued that there was no controversy I simply stated with proof that Kennedy landed his 2 most significant strikes of the fight while grabbing Romeros glove.

nope. had you said that I would have agreed to a certain extent. I believe that the most significant strikes came after that, but point remains we would have been on the same page.

You however said Kennedy landed "illegal blows" which is false on all accounts. I'm glad you are wording things correctly now, but its pointless- I wasn't arguing who won, I was arguing for the controversy which surrounds Romero: 1) Kennedy Fight 2) Jacare Fight 3) PED Bust, and further arguing that Yoel's inexperience in 5-rounders and main-events, and arguing for the lack of faith that the UFC has in Romero to give him a main-event title fight.

My coinciding argument is that GSP makes for a better opponent, over someone who is riddled with controversy and inexperience. It is the fight that more fans want to see, and the fight that UFC feels more comfortable booking.

My argument was also in refute of dismissing GSP off as someone who is being gifted something, when in truth he earned this having retired off 9 consecutive title defenses, and also as the UFC's top draw for a long time.

PS: Mayweather has returned from retirement a few times now, and no one said anything stupid like how he should be in tune-up contender fights before fighting for a title. some of you are just being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn, likely because you'r not going to be paying for the ppv anyways and hence you guys forget to factor it into your decision-making.

I swear, from the way people are calling Bisping duck on sherdog, or accusing him of avoiding real challenges, and campaigning for Romero to get his shot, you'd think a fight between Bisping and Romero would break a million buys. Maybe, just Maybe, if self-proclaimed 'hardcore' mma fans stopped pirating events, the worthy contenders would start getting their shots even with their limited mainstream appeal.

Back