Bisping vs GSP will be a mismatch.

I will say it again. If he gets the belt, he won't ever fight then. Also, he didn't fight Anderson when he was the champ either and they did try to make that fight a lot of times.

He would retire just like when the UFC wanted him to fight Hendricks again
Stay salty man

Actually they've trained together and Bisping admitted he got the better of him. So he's definitely not calling him out cause he's a coward.

Bisping said the same about Rockhold when they fought the first time and got finished

It's training dude, they are not putting everything they have into it

Woodley power is legit. He made Thompson do the chicken dance everytime he hit him with a good shot. And Thompson has way better striking than GSP.

Prime Rory was legit, and better than current GSP. He dominated Woodley. But that's also the only time Woodley has ever been put to the ground in a fight. And GSP wrestling has not looked that good since he got injured, even Nick who is a bum when it comes to wrestling stop his TDs many times.

GSP took Hendricks down multiple times. So the theory he can't take down a wrestler is silly, especially a wrestler who stands upright and willingly puts himself on the cage. Hell, that makes it even easier for a SLOW GSP double.

And come on. Woodley has KO'd one top 10 fighter in his entire UFC run. GSP doesn't need to be a better striker than Thompson. He has a better jab than Thompson and will sit behind it all night. Woodley will put himself against the fence, like he always does, GSP will stay on the outside, jab him until he jumps in with that hyper telegraphed stepping overhand right, then hit a takedown. If Woodley shells up, he gets takendown anyways.

Woodley is predictable. Back up to the cage and throw a stutter step overhand right while running in.

GSP took Hendricks down multiple times. So the theory he can't take down a wrestler is silly, especially a wrestler who stands upright and willingly puts himself on the cage. Hell, that makes it even easier for a SLOW GSP double.

And come on. Woodley has KO'd one top 10 fighter in his entire UFC run. GSP doesn't need to be a better striker than Thompson. He has a better jab than Thompson and will sit behind it all night. Woodley will put himself against the fence, like he always does, GSP will stay on the outside, jab him until he jumps in with that hyper telegraphed stepping overhand right, then hit a takedown. If Woodley shells up, he gets takendown anyways.

Woodley is predictable. Back up to the cage and throw a stutter step overhand right while running in.

GSP took Hendricks to the ground 3 times. So did Hendricks, he took GSP to the ground 3 times as well. But GSP got only 3 TDs in 6 attempts, while Hendricks got 3 in 5. Hendricks got the better of him in the clinch as well. GSP isn't going to out wrestle Woodley. GSP explosive wrestling days are over.

And Mendes had only 1 finish before he started to KO everyone they put in front of him. Doesn't mean that he didn't had power before. Everyone knows that Woodley has crazy power shots, and would only need 1 of it to beat GSP. It's not like GSP has a crazy good chin either. GSP is very hittable these days. He got hit a lot in his last 3 fights. And one of them was against Nick who is slow as fuck and has no wrestling. GSP looked so fucking bad in that fight, Nick was able to defend like 10 TDs.

You say that Woodley is predictable but GSP is fighting Bisping, the dude who does the same thing every fight.

You have to admit it, he is picking the easy fights. Not even GSP is confident that he can beat the legit top fighters.

Stay salty man

But I actually like GSP and wanted him to win every fight he has ever had. I'm just not dumb like the fans thinking he is still at his prime or something, and is picking the hard fight with Bisping lul

Anyone who believes that, or that he is going to fight any of the legit top MW fighters is realy dumb.

You don't need any of that to be a fan

GSP took Hendricks to the ground 3 times. So did Hendricks, he took GSP to the ground 3 times as well. But GSP got only 3 TDs in 6 attempts, while Hendricks got 3 in 5. Hendricks got the better of him in the clinch as well. GSP isn't going to out wrestle Woodley. GSP explosive wrestling days are over.

And Mendes had only 1 finish before he started to KO everyone they put in front of him. Doesn't mean that he didn't had power before. Everyone knows that Woodley has crazy power shots, and would only need 1 of it to beat GSP. It's not like GSP has a crazy good chin either. GSP is very hittable these days. He got hit a lot in his last 3 fights. And one of them was against Nick who is slow as fuck and has no wrestling. GSP looked so fucking bad in that fight, Nick was able to defend like 10 TDs.

You say that Woodley is predictable but GSP is fighting Bisping, the dude who does the same thing every fight.

You have to admit it, he is picking the easy fights. Not even GSP is confident that he can beat the legit top fighters.

I like how you make it sound like GSP and Hendricks both having 3 takedowns (one of the ones Hendricks had was a slip if you remember) shows that GSP can't out wrestle Woodley somehow.

GSP landed NINE takedowns on Nick Diaz.. two of which were big slams. Diaz stuffed 6. GSP was never in danger in that fight, and soundly outstruck Diaz as well.. he didn't get hit nearly as much as you're claiming.

Diaz landed 80 strikes total.. GSP LANDED 210.

This doesn't make any sense to me. So because Hendricks had a slightly better take down percentage than GSP in their fight, that equates to GSP not being able to take Woodley down? Quite the stretch in logic. Especially since Woodley's wrestling showings in the UFC are very weak. The guy has like what, 3 takedowns in his entire UFC run? And was bullied in the clinch by Shields?

GSP's chin is fine. He ate power shots from known finishers, recovered, and won the fights. Woodley has shown he can land a strong right hand. Telegraphed as hell. Please show me a single fight in the UFC where Woodley broke out some spectacular striking skillset, or a single fight that he won standing without landing his right hand. Woodley lives and dies by his right hand, and he does shit all to set it up. GSP has already beaten fighters just like that.

Bisping is an overachiever, but he has shown a far more diverse set of skills than Woodley has. Bisping is a pressure/ volume fighter, but he's far more willing to go for takedowns than Woodley is, frankly. Again, I'd love to see some evidence to counter this, but it doesn't exist. Every wingle Woodley fight involves him going straight back to the fence and trying to land counter rights. He struggles HEAVILY when that doesn't work. We saw this in both fights with Thompson, against Shields, and against Macdonald and Gastelum. Every fighter who hasn't charged him has given Woodley a close/ tough fight.

GSP's coming off two knee surgeries to fight in a weight class he's never fought in before. Woodley is as much of a stylistically favourable match up as Bisping is. Woodley's entire gameplan is a wet dream for GSP. A Prime GSP mauls Woodley without question for that reason.

But I actually like GSP and wanted him to win every fight he has ever had. I'm just not dumb like the fans thinking he is still at his prime or something, and is picking the hard fight with Bisping lul

Anyone who believes that, or that he is going to fight any of the legit top MW fighters is realy dumb.

You don't need any of that to be a fan
I don't care what he or any of the fans think. I'm going to watch him fight becausse I love the sport. I honestly think Bisping will win.

yeah his gas tank is bad too

This doesn't make any sense to me. So because Hendricks had a slightly better take down percentage than GSP in their fight, that equates to GSP not being able to take Woodley down? Quite the stretch in logic. Especially since Woodley's wrestling showings in the UFC are very weak. The guy has like what, 3 takedowns in his entire UFC run? And was bullied in the clinch by Shields?

GSP's chin is fine. He ate power shots from known finishers, recovered, and won the fights. Woodley has shown he can land a strong right hand. Telegraphed as hell. Please show me a single fight in the UFC where Woodley broke out some spectacular striking skillset, or a single fight that he won standing without landing his right hand. Woodley lives and dies by his right hand, and he does shit all to set it up. GSP has already beaten fighters just like that.

Bisping is an overachiever, but he has shown a far more diverse set of skills than Woodley has. Bisping is a pressure/ volume fighter, but he's far more willing to go for takedowns than Woodley is, frankly. Again, I'd love to see some evidence to counter this, but it doesn't exist. Every wingle Woodley fight involves him going straight back to the fence and trying to land counter rights. He struggles HEAVILY when that doesn't work. We saw this in both fights with Thompson, against Shields, and against Macdonald and Gastelum. Every fighter who hasn't charged him has given Woodley a close/ tough fight.

GSP's coming off two knee surgeries to fight in a weight class he's never fought in before. Woodley is as much of a stylistically favourable match up as Bisping is. Woodley's entire gameplan is a wet dream for GSP. A Prime GSP mauls Woodley without question for that reason.

Like I said, Woodley has only been put to the ground once in his entire career. Hendricks however, before the GSP fight, got put to the ground a lot of times. Hendricks TDD isn't his best thing, at least in this sport. Woodley will have no problem defending GSP TDs.

GSP chin is ok but he can't take Woodley shots. That's a fact. And I won't say that Woodley isn't predictable. But his shape makes it up for it. There is a reason he either finished or hurt better striking fighters than GSP. If he lands, it will be over. He isn't going to let GSP recover.

All Bisping does in his fights is jab, footwork, jab again, then a left and maybe a leg kick. That's all. Woodley does not much more, but the things he is good at is much more effective. Woodley can finish you, can hurt you with leg kicks, and has better ground. Wrestling is barely a case to make, as Woodley didn't need it much so far.

No, he isn't. If he was, GSP would pick him. GSP isn't going to take a hard fight like Woodley in his come back. No way. GSP is a smart dude and knows what he is going. He also doesn't care about when people talk about the fact that he avoided the MW division when it had a great champ.

I like how you make it sound like GSP and Hendricks both having 3 takedowns (one of the ones Hendricks had was a slip if you remember) shows that GSP can't out wrestle Woodley somehow.

GSP landed NINE takedowns on Nick Diaz.. two of which were big slams. Diaz stuffed 6. GSP was never in danger in that fight, and soundly outstruck Diaz as well.. he didn't get hit nearly as much as you're claiming.

Diaz landed 80 strikes total.. GSP LANDED 210.

Woodley and Hendricks are about the same level. And I say that Woodley has better TDD as the stats prove.

GSP landed a lot of TDs in a fighter who has no TDD. But he also got stopped a lot of times by a fighter who has no TDD. Nick is fucking terrible when it comes to wrestling and GSP never looked so bad as he did in this fight. He also gassed the fuck out of by Nick body shots in this fight. Nick is slow as fuck and GSP would never be getting hit by him like that at his best.

Woodley and Hendricks are about the same level. And I say that Woodley has better TDD as the stats prove.

GSP landed a lot of TDs in a fighter who has no TDD. But he also got stopped a lot of times by a fighter who has no TDD. Nick is fucking terrible when it comes to wrestling and GSP never looked so bad as he did in this fight. He also gassed the fuck out of by Nick body shots in this fight. Nick is slow as fuck and GSP would never be getting hit by him like that at his best.

Look, I'm a reasonable man. I'm not denying that GSP was out of his prime when he fought Nick.

But the way you made it sound was ridiculous. GSP dominated that fight and by no means did he gas. Nick didn't even have an active guard in the fight.

Nick, who is a volume striker, only landed 80 shots to GSP's 210. It's just a nonsensical way to say things.

You're using statistics to gauge skillsets, which is something only fools do.

Hendricks has a lower TDD% but has fought the likes of Story, Fitch, Kos, Grant, etc.

Woodley has fought Kos, Shields and Marquardt.

The shields fight was a garbage wall and stall bout, and he got KO'd by marquardt.

When he fought good wrestlers he didn't do very well in comparison to how Hendricks performed against wrestlers.

Look, I'm a reasonable man. I'm not denying that GSP was out of his prime when he fought Nick.

But the way you made it sound was ridiculous. GSP dominated that fight and by no means did he gas. Nick didn't even have an active guard in the fight.

Nick, who is a volume striker, only landed 80 shots to GSP's 210. It's just a nonsensical way to say things.

You're using statistics to gauge skillsets, which is something only fools do.

Hendricks has a lower TDD% but has fought the likes of Story, Fitch, Kos, Grant, etc.

Woodley has fought Kos, Shields and Marquardt.

The shields fight was a garbage wall and stall bout, and he got KO'd by marquardt.

When he fought good wrestlers he didn't do very well in comparison to how Hendricks performed against wrestlers.

GSP landed 210 shots but most of those was in the ground. And yes, he gassed. Go watch that fight again. GSP looked terrible from round 3 to 5.

Not true. I barely use stats as a proof but this time it's actually how things are. Woodley showed great TDD against Kos and never went to the ground, while he was able to put Hendricks twice.

Dude, Hendricks was take to the ground 6 times in one of his early UFC fights against a garbage fighter. Hendricks never looked that great while defending TDs.

I don't care what he or any of the fans think. I'm going to watch him fight becausse I love the sport. I honestly think Bisping will win.

That's ok, dude. I think GSP wins but I also think that he won't fight any of the best in that division.

yea I dont get all the people crying about Bisping avoiding 'top competition'. Like man, did they not see Romero technically lose to Kennedy, or how he arguably lost to Jacare? before he tested positive for a banned substance? Dude hasn't gone 5 rounds ever, and when we've seen him go 3 he's been seen to gas more than once.

That guy is supposed to be a tougher fight in the USADA era than GSP? All of a sudden GSP is some scrub because he had a close fight with pre-usada Hendricks? (who would wind up being champ after George vacated)

I'm not buying. GSP said he is better than ever. He has had time to fully recover from years of fighting (he holds the longest time spent in the cage or 2nd longest iirc). He's had time to heal all injuries, to get a mental break... and now he's ready to come back stronger than ever without having to cut much weight.

Chael Sonnen confirmed that last year he rolled with GSP and GSP schooled him. Sonnen himself outwrestled Bisping rather comfortably.

If Bisping is going to lose the belt, might as well make 4million to lose, rather than half a million against Romero or Jacare.
I'm not even a fan of Romero but he smashed the glove holder Kennedy and having a close fight with Jacare isn't a bad thing. The LW and WW champs have the same cardio issues Romero has and fighters know exactly how many rounds they're scheduled for well before the fight so they gameplan accordingly. I want GSP to win but he's mister "don't blink" so whatever he says about being better than ever means shit right now. I'd like to hear a reporter ask him if he still thinks the UFC is a legit organization after being gifted a titleshot at a weight he's never fought at. Also have to lol at what Chael said about getting schooled by GSP considering his fight against Tito.

Hendricks TDD% is on par with Diaz which is pretty bad considering one's a national wrestling champ and the other has avoided wrestlers for half of his career. Stylistically though Woodley isn't the same fighter as anybody else GSP has fought at this point(and vice versa), Kos probably being the closest as a wrestler with a big right hand, but Kos was a far more aggressive striker and went headhunting as soon as he thought he was within range, Kos also used his wrestling a lot more than Woodley has done since leaving Strikeforce. The biggest question mark right now about GSP is where is he physically.

He hasn't fought in 3 1/2 years and he's moving up to face a fighter that isn't worried about his striking power and who's takedowns wont have as much power behind them as what he's used to. At worst Bisping is a more talented, more well rounded version of Dan Hardy with experience fighting world class competition for over a decade that is a naturally bigger and stronger man. At best he's a bigger, stronger version of Diaz with less BJJ skill put knows how to scramble significantly better.

Like I said, Woodley has only been put to the ground once in his entire career. Hendricks however, before the GSP fight, got put to the ground a lot of times. Hendricks TDD isn't his best thing, at least in this sport. Woodley will have no problem defending GSP TDs.

GSP chin is ok but he can't take Woodley shots. That's a fact. And I won't say that Woodley isn't predictable. But his shape makes it up for it. There is a reason he either finished or hurt better striking fighters than GSP. If he lands, it will be over. He isn't going to let GSP recover.

All Bisping does in his fights is jab, footwork, jab again, then a left and maybe a leg kick. That's all. Woodley does not much more, but the things he is good at is much more effective. Woodley can finish you, can hurt you with leg kicks, and has better ground. Wrestling is barely a case to make, as Woodley didn't need it much so far.

No, he isn't. If he was, GSP would pick him. GSP isn't going to take a hard fight like Woodley in his come back. No way. GSP is a smart dude and knows what he is going. He also doesn't care about when people talk about the fact that he avoided the MW division when it had a great champ.

Bisping actively works for takedowns and is a skilled scrambler. He his historically mixed strikes and takedowns better than Woodley ever has. That alone puts his diversity beyond that of Woodley, who counter strikes with his right hand only and will once in awhile attempt a takedown.

I get where you're coming from about Woodley's TDD, but GSP doesn't need to rely on the explosion against a guy like Woodley. Woodley will walk right into it when he throws himself forward, like GSP has done to plenty of others. It's only going to get worse because Woodley will be flinching on every feint and half jab GSP throws. Woodley is going to offer exactly the same threat as Koscheck did, albeit with a bit more speed. And GSP has no problems with guys like that. The problems Hendricks caused GSP on the feet aren't going to be relevant at all against Woodley. GSP sure is shit is a more technical and sophisticated striker than Hendricks is.

And you need to stop pretending like Woodley is some kind of ruthless finisher. There are multiple instances of fighters surviving his flurries in the UFC alone. Again, the only top fighter he's KO'd in the UFC is Lawler. And leading into that fight, pretty much agree'd if Woodley won, it would be because he would starch Lawler early. GSP certainly is more hittable now. But of the two times he was rocked in his return, he recovered quickly. So sure, Woodley could starch him early, like he can with any other WW. But if he doesn't he generally becomes tentative. And literally, a tentative fighter on the fence is the best thing for a fighter who wants to jab and time double legs.

Even if Woodley didn't have the title, I'd say that was the fight GSP should come back for. It's literally a perfect style match up. A guy like Lawler, who can hang in there and take away GSP's jab, would be a lot scarier. GSP's striking lives around his jab.

The sad thing is, its not going to be a mismatch. Bisping isnt that good. Yoel Romero vs Bisping. Thats a mismatch.

Back