Bisping this is not an excuse BUT....

Spitsbing is a tough SOB. Not a fan at all really, but he surprised me with the rockhold win

It will also show his lone defense in 1.5 years was a against a 45 year old non top 10 fighter who already held a vicious KO victory over him. It will also show how he only had 3 top 10 wins in his entire career (Stann, Leites, Rockhold) and how he conveniently managed to avoid fighting Weidman, Romero, Jacare, Mousasi, Machida, Hall, and Whittaker

Never said he was GOAT, but people love hanging shit on the dude and in my mind he was a warrior who reached the top. I think he deserves a bit of respect

Obvious lie. He fought Gastelum 3 weeks later.

Nailed it.

I like the count. Funny. Heart like lion. Doesnt tap. But he's so full of shit sometimes. Like his whole reign as Champion.

He has had a fun career, never been a big fan of the guy but he definitely has always kept things pretty interesting, every time you thought he was just done and would fade out of the spotlight he always found a way back in somehow.

Never said he was GOAT, but people love hanging shit on the dude and in my mind he was a warrior who reached the top. I think he deserves a bit of respect

He had longevity and that's about it. I'll admit the guy has an ego which is why he took the Gastellum fight when he prob shouldn't have.

Never liked him early in his UFC career due to his brash personality but then he was from the UK fighting yanks and his personality wasn't really understood. How many fighters did he beat that were contenders for the belt or were champs actually quite a few. He ain't no fucking gate keeper.

Decent fighter, but will go down in the books as a great gate keeper

Lol, be'll go down in the books for giving the supposed GOAT a free shot at his chin and still beating him with only one eye and then taking the belt from one of the best MWs ever at his prime, by K him TFO!, with only one eye, and also having the record for most wins in the UFC.

Bisping DID look stiff and gun shy in that fight, especially in the 1st Rd. GSP looked slow, laboured and nothing like his own standards though.

As much as most people were probably glad that GSP won, you'd have to admit that MW would be a lot more interesting right now if Bisping would have retained his belt..

The Silva & Rockhold fights were great for his legacy, other than those, he was always limited by his lack of punching power, walked down and handily beaten by any top contender he faced.

Still, his longevity in itself is admirable and he is definitely a HOF fighter in UFC.

He probably should have kept this amongst his people. Considering he only has one fight to go. The backlash should be negligible. But fans remember stuff like this. Especially Shertards.

If he really was injured then props for not pulling out. But I didn’t see one single thing that would lead me to believe that he was hurt. And to bring it up now is a bit lame.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt though. And just pretend I didn’t hear this.

The Silva & Rockhold fights were great for his legacy, other than those, he was always limited by his lack of punching power, walked down and handily beaten by any top contender he faced.

Still, his longevity in itself is admirable and he is definitely a HOF fighter in UFC.

His losses to Wand, Sonnen, Rashad were all competitive.

His losses to Vitor, Henderson, Wand and Sonnen should all have asterisks by them.

Back