Bisping tells the painful truth about Mighty Mouse!

giphy.gif

Fight TJ, lil mouse.

That mouse was winning until he gassed.

MM has fought lousy opponents, a trend he shares with Fedor and Borg Justino, padding their records to inflate their wins, hoping to "look better". But, Borg, I remember your spree of beating old ladies, ailing mothers, fitness instructors, etc. Fedor, I remember you fighting nobodies and unworthies half your career. And MM, I would love to see you against someone credible. I've seen you against about 4 credible opponents now.

There's way too much nonsense being spewed in this thread.

Mm is a flyweight, doesn't count because they don't have power. Well hws don't have speed so they don't count either. Sheesh.

It's not exactly Johnson's fault that the division is lacking

To the clueless here: Bisping is referring to the talent level of the 12 year old girl, not the size. While MM is the size of a 12 year old girl (or 11?), Bisping is stating that MM only looks good because he fights weak competition; that if Bisping fought equal foes to MM's foes, he would be the GOAT undefeated.

They are not going to pay him 2 mil. They know the fight has to be on a big card to sell. MM could only sell big numbers against someone like Conor. He is asking for something he knows he won't get IMO. What would the buys on that fight be if it has no other big fights? Maybe 300 K?

Hunt made 750k at UFC 221

The buyrate was 130k.

With 300k PPV, and lets assume UFC takes 20 bucks a buy, thats a six million dollar PPV, and super fight of this quality doesn't deserve 2mil?

I don't know UFC's numbers, but I really dont think 2 million is going to sink a UFC show, and most of all I really don't think we know enough about the real numbers to suggest a fighter is pricing himself out.

2 mil does not sound crazy to me.

There's way too much nonsense being spewed in this thread.

Mm is a flyweight, doesn't count because they don't have power. Well hws don't have speed so they don't count either. Sheesh.

It's not exactly Johnson's fault that the division is lacking

Just like it wasn't Aldo's fault during his nearly decade long reign that there weren't a lot of strong contenders to face him. But that was the fact of the matter and because of it, most fans didn't care to see "another Aldo fight", add to the stigma of Aldo's division being the "little boy blue" of the time, the smallest "little boy" division will always be crapped on. Of course, now there's all kinds of talent at 145 and Aldo's over the hill!

I bet that the current little boy division will start to really bring in superb talent right as MM hits the wall? MM and Aldo's careers have a lot in common, I wonder who MM's "Conor" will be? TJ? I actually think TJ will be MM's "Edgar", and that MM will win this fight every time, and TJ will be stuck in a limbo... just like Edgar!

I agree that MM doesn’t fight the best competition, and it’s also possible that he makes his competition look bad because he’s that good. But Bisping shouldn’t be criticizing MM, when in his last 3 fights he was finished by two welterweights, and almost lost a decision to a 50 year old.

this is what irks me the most as well, who the fuck is Ping to criticize anyone?

Just like it wasn't Aldo's fault during his nearly decade long reign that there weren't a lot of strong contenders to face him. But that was the fact of the matter and because of it, most fans didn't care to see "another Aldo fight", add to the stigma of Aldo's division being the "little boy blue" of the time, the smallest "little boy" division will always be crapped on. Of course, now there's all kinds of talent at 145 and Aldo's over the hill!

I bet that the current little boy division will start to really bring in superb talent right as MM hits the wall? MM and Aldo's careers have a lot in common, I wonder who MM's "Conor" will be? TJ? I actually think TJ will be MM's "Edgar", and that MM will win this fight every time, and TJ will be stuck in a limbo... just like Edgar!
I agree with u...?

Kinda random, but I agree with ur main point, but ur Edgar comparison falls flat. I can explain if u want, but Edgar is a bw that used to fight at lw and now fw.. that's just to start

To the clueless here: Bisping is referring to the talent level of the 12 year old girl, not the size. While MM is the size of a 12 year old girl (or 11?), Bisping is stating that MM only looks good because he fights weak competition; that if Bisping fought equal foes to MM's foes, he would be the GOAT undefeated.
yeah but the thing is that MM makes them look bad cause he's so good, and Bisping IS the shit fighter in his own division

I agree with u...?

Kinda random, but I agree with ur main point, but ur Edgar comparison falls flat. I can explain if u want, but Edgar is a bw that used to fight at lw and now fw.. that's just to start

Understood, but I have a feeling TJ will be moving down and staying put? I hope not. And if the fight happens and TJ loses, does he do what Edgar did and just stay in the lower division? I hoped Edgar would have moved back up, but oh well.

yeah but the thing is that MM makes them look bad cause he's so good, and Bisping IS the shit fighter in his own division

Does he make them look so bad because he's better than GSP, or does he make them look bad in the way that a professional MMA fighter and athlete would make any "tough guy at the bar look bad"? Is the skill gap really because MM Is a living god or because other athletes in his division haven't caught up yet? Athletes that size often don't go to MMA, especially before the last few years. It seems to me that MM is the Royce Gracie of his division and after another 5 years of evolution in his division, we will see where he stands.

I believe as better athletes of that size find MMA an equal or superior opportunity to football, basketball, tennis, boxing, etc., then we will see what MM is really made of. Lower divisions have a harder time attracting better athletes, but that's similar to how at first very few top athletes considered MMA a serious option and if they couldn't do a top tier sport on the top level, they would just do Pro Wrestling or find office work.

Hopefully, when MM's division starts to catch up, he will still have some miles left on his body.

MM has no obligation to fight someone not in his division. He dominates everyone who is legitimately a flyweight. People are such haters that they stupidly call him a duck for not fighting non flyweights. So ridiculous.
If TJ signs a contract to make 125 it's a flyweight fight. It is you people who are making the excuses.

Lol.

That's how I took what Bisoing was referring to as well.

Ray Borg is 23. Very rare to see someone at 23 fight for a title not named jon Jones, because they usually have very limited skills at that age in MMA.

Ya i'm infruated, because you're dumb, look at the guys you compare to MM, and think showtimes kick was better?Whatever moron, look at the level of difficulity, one jumps off the fence and throws a kick,half of sherdog could pull that off under the right circumstance, the other transitions to a arm bar while mid air while slamming the guy, I don't know how many guys in the world, can pull that off, not many.

Lol. Now I'll take everything apart. First off, DJ pulled that Sub off deep in the 5th round when his opponent was gassed and he had the luxury of the fence at his back (You don't know shit about fighting so let me explain it to you). The fence allowed him to transition to the armbar with ZERO fear he would lose the position (a DJ master tactic that has nothing to do with athleticism BTW) as well as using the fence for leverage to push his body closer to his opponent. With his back to the cage even if he didn't lock in the armbar perfect or if his opponent slipped out, he could still use the leverage of the fence to grab mount or keep the position. DJ never attempts that move in the center of the cage or in the first few rounds. Because he's a control based fighter and he gets a ton of confidence knowing he can control his opponent no matter what. I could make every argument in the world that the move was good coaching on his teams part and that they drilled it into him over years. That move was planned, Just like his last minute armbar of Horiguchi. DJ takes very few risks unless he can still maintain a control position. That's not supreme athleticism, that's great planning and coaching.

Lineker? good striker, excellent power, and a granite chin,not super athletic, doesnt do anything extraordinary in the cage other than head hunt, he most likely would KO DJ? why cause you said so? Realistically his greatest asset is his chin and DJ would likely submit him. Ranked 7th at BTW,not ranked in P4P

You state your points but you do so while ignoring the valid facts which I specifically stated. I said Lineker beats DJ at 130 Catchweight. But the fight will never happen because Lineker did to Dodson what Dodson did to MM in their first fight. Which Dodson arguably won. DJ could not outwrestle Lineker at 130 catchweight. That's your wack opinion.

Isn't it interesting there are so many different hypothesis about how a DJ would go down? But I guess we'll never know because rather than challenging himself the guy fights the next in line Flyweight that everyone knows he'll beat easy. You want the ultimate proof DJ is not as great and athletic as you people claim? He won't answer the call to fight athletic dudes. The TJ fight has been in the air since 2015 yet DJ is content beating guys in a shallow division.

Dodson? excellent speed, good overall skill, 3-3 in his last 6, 0-2 versus DJ, check your supposed facts, enough said. 10th at BTW, not in P4P

Arguably won their first fight. Even if you say DJ won on points that doesn't make him more athletic. Dodson looked like the better athlete in that fight. More power. More explosive. Better accuracy. Better hand eye coordination.

Moraes? 2-1 in last 3, like Lineker, but better, doubt he could ever make 125, and looks like he's on the juice. 5 at BTW, not in P4P

Moraes is a better athlete that's why you accuse him of being on the juice, lol. He's never popped so that's just you talking shit. It's athletes like Moraes that make fans want UFC to close FW. I bet DJ goes to another org rather than face these athletes.

TJ fight will happen, just a matter of ironing out the contract details, TJ actually has the skill set to beat him, but i still favour MM, and until then MM is P4P king for a reason, not chosen by me to prove my point, like the crap you pull out of your head to prove yours, but as recognized by pretty much everyone that matters.

Been talk since 2015. The fight would have already been signed but then your boy had to make another demand, lol. And no, DJ isn't close to p4p king. He'll lose to lineker at 130 and he won't sign to fight TJ at 125. He was gifted decisions against McCall, Dodson, Torres, Benavidez and was mirked by Cruz. The weight class between 135 and 125 is ten pounds. If your boy never fights TJ or if he just stays in 125 until retirement your boy was king of the shallow pool. There's not enough talent in 125 weight class to make any fighter p4p. If he doesn't fight a few catchweights or beat TJ at 125 only you fanboys worship this guy.

And No, you haven't proven anything, but you choose to ignore the facts, MM is the most skilled fighter we have seen to date. You can choose to ignore common sense and throw logic out the window to make make your decisions, but you won;t sell me on them.

Not even close fanboy. Your guy is a control fighter who fights in a shallow division and only challenges himself late in the 5th round. My p4p needs to have monsters in his own division or have the stones to challenge himself. DJ has neither so for.

Also, I"m not really a fan of the guy, but i sure do respect his skill-set, and am smart enough to recognize it for what it is....the best.

You have an agenda to promote DJ whether you are a fan or not. And your agenda makes you blind to the truth.

Go ahead , post another few pics, it really goes a long way in validating your nonsense

No pics. Consider yourself pwned.

Last edited:
Yeah I heard this and agreed with Mike 100%. DJ apologists aren't particularly logical.

Of course a win or even a good showing vs TJ will nip this argument in the bud.

damn .... never thought id like bisping this much

Lol. Now I'll take everything apart. First off, DJ pulled that Sub off deep in the 5th round when his opponent was gassed and he had the luxury of the fence at his back (You don't know shit about fighting so let me explain it to you). The fence allowed him to transition to the armbar with ZERO fear he would lose the position (a DJ master tactic that has nothing to do with athleticism BTW) as well as using the fence for leverage to push his body closer to his opponent. With his back to the cage even if he didn't lock in the armbar perfect or if his opponent slipped out, he could still use the leverage of the fence to grab mount or keep the position. DJ never attempts that move in the center of the cage or in the first few rounds. Because he's a control based fighter and he gets a ton of confidence knowing he can control his opponent no matter what. I could make every argument in the world that the move was good coaching on his teams part and that they drilled it into him over years. That move was planned, Just like his last minute armbar of Horiguchi. DJ takes very few risks unless he can still maintain a control position. That's not supreme athleticism, that's great planning and coaching.

You state your points but you do so while ignoring the valid facts which I specifically stated. I said Lineker beats DJ at 130 Catchweight. But the fight will never happen because Lineker did to Dodson what Dodson did to MM in their first fight. Which Dodson arguably won. DJ could not outwrestle Lineker at 130 catchweight. That's your wack opinion.

Isn't it interesting there are so many different hypothesis about how a DJ would go down? But I guess we'll never know because rather than challenging himself the guy fights the next in line Flyweight that everyone knows he'll beat easy. You want the ultimate proof DJ is not as great and athletic as you people claim? He won't answer the call to fight athletic dudes. The TJ fight has been in the air since 2015 yet DJ is content beating guys in a shallow division.

Arguably won their first fight. Even if you say DJ won on points that doesn't make him more athletic. Dodson looked like the better athlete in that fight. More power. More explosive. Better accuracy. Better hand eye coordination.

Moraes is a better athlete that's why you accuse him of being on the juice, lol. He's never popped so that's just you talking shit. It's athletes like Moraes that make fans want UFC to close FW. I bet DJ goes to another org rather than face these athletes.

Been talk since 2015. The fight would have already been signed but then your boy had to make another demand, lol. And no, DJ isn't close to p4p king. He'll lose to lineker at 130 and he won't sign to fight TJ at 125. He was gifted decisions against McCall, Dodson, Torres, Benavidez and was mirked by Cruz. The weight class between 135 and 125 is ten pounds. If your boy never fights TJ or if he just stays in 125 until retirement your boy was king of the shallow pool. There's not enough talent in 125 weight class to make any fighter p4p. If he doesn't fight a few catchweights or beat TJ at 125 only you fanboys worship this guy.

Not even close fanboy. Your guy is a control fighter who fights in a shallow division and only challenges himself late in the 5th round. My p4p needs to have monsters in his own division or have the stones to challenge himself. DJ has neither so for.

You have an agenda to promote DJ whether you are a fan or not. And your agenda makes you blind to the truth.

No pics. Consider yourself pwned.
DJ is top a current top p4p no question but yeah, you can't put him over the likes of Jones or GSP or even DC or Max based on his level of competition. He's a really good fighter in a division full of journeymen and the argument that he's the p4p best while ignoring the level of guys he's been facing gets a basket of rotten eggs.

I look forward to Bisping giving more hilarious takes long after he is retired.

Back