Bisping is 228lbs

Rumble killed himself cutting. GSP could fight at LW. Rumble fought at HW and wasn't small.

But he made the weight for WW many times (he also missed weight at the heavier MW, which suggests he just had trouble making weight in general) and he had a winning record at the weight.

Rumble killed himself cutting. GSP could fight at LW. Rumble fought at HW and wasn't small.

The larger point is this: While weight classes are obviously important to sorting out competitive fights, many fighters are able to go up in weight and be as competitive as they were at lower weights.

The reverse is also true: Many excellent fighters have believed that going down in weight would help them win a title, only to be disappointed after they went down and found out it's not any easier for them at the lower weight.

Look at Frankie Edgar. He was just as good at 155 as he is at 145. And if Frankie went down to 135, there's no guarantee he could beat anyone in the triumvirate (Cruz, CoGar, Dillashaw) which rules that division.

George is more cut all the time than bisping, even with being heavier George probublay has more dense muscle mass.

George will be stronger on fight night.

Mayhem threw bisping around before he gassed, George chunked mayhem around with ease.

Lol at random Sherdoggers critiquing the weight of a UFC champion who has never missed weight in his entire career

Only thing Bisping ain't ducking is the buffet line at Olive Garden.

But he made the weight for WW many times (he also missed weight at the heavier MW, which suggests he just had trouble making weight in general) and he had a winning record at the weight.
He looked terrible at WW, looked like death at weighins, and had to keep his weight way below what he should be.

Time for an openweight tourney on an island. Preferably an island with an Olive Garden

Bisping is still older and GSP hasnt been absorbing all the shots that Bisping has abosrbing.

50/50 fight tbh.

Only thing a duck ain't bispinging is the buffet line at Olive Garden.

Walk around weight is not relevant. No matter how many times it's posted, it's still not relevant. Cage weight is relevant. All that 228 means is that Bisping is getting too big right now and will have to work even harder than normal to get down to 185.

No. They have to weigh at most 185 about 36 hours before the actual fight. They can weigh whatever in the cage. GSP will fight right around 195-197, and Bisping will fight right around 200-205. At most I expect a ten pound difference.

The reach is almost identical, the weight will be 5-10lbs, and Bisping will have a 2" height advantage. Michael is certainly bigger, but he will not outweigh GSP by more than 10lbs come fight night.

GSP is a WW

Bisping a MW who was previously a LHW

In the cage, on fight night, the difference will be greater than 10 lbs.

Michael Bisping and the act of ducking are essentially always congruous, with perhaps the lone exception of the Olive Garden buffet line.

He looked terrible at WW, looked like death at weighins, and had to keep his weight way below what he should be.

He looked dangerous at WW, and he fought at that weight for ... what? ... two or three years? Longer?

He looked dangerous at WW, and he fought at that weight for ... what? ... two or three years? Longer?
He never even cracked the top 10 at WW, I don't think he had a single top 10 win, so I don't know if I would say he looked dangerous. He looked like he had potential, but never realized. He was destroying his potential to fight too low in weight.

He never even cracked the top 10 at WW, I don't think he had a single top 10 win, so I don't know if I would say he looked dangerous.

He gave Josh Koscheck a battle, and Koscheck was, if not top ten at the time, then right on the cusp.

Back