Bisping: If GSP wants to wait till September, Yoel can have his title shot

• Thread starter Deleted member 501827
  • Start date
Bisping prob wants GSP earlier so he can defend against Romero by end of year

Got to agree with Mike on this one. How can GSP sit on his arse for 3 years doing nothing but training have a reason to wait 6 months to fight again after he has signed the contract??? At least Bisping will fight anyone anywhere anytime and is not just chasing money and holding up title fights like that overrated Irishman is. Get in the cage George! As Mike says, it only takes 6 - 8 weeks for a training camp. We already have Nick Diaz sitting around wasting away into oblivion and retirement. We don't need anymore tri annual fighters (ie only fight once every 3 years)

Mousasi might be a more favorable matchup but then again Moose has shown vulnerability to being taken down by guys bigger than GSP...

The Moose is dangerous and wouldn't make life easy for GSP even if taken down. Look at someone like Whittaker too- no easy task there either.

Meanwhile, Woodley, as good as he is in multiple areas, looks vulnerable as champ. GSP never lost the welterweight belt (though many think he should have). Wouldn't it be a lot more logical to go for that bout. I could see GSP picking Woodley apart and even notching a takedown or two. Wouldn't be easy and Woodley could always catch him, but Tyron has this weird tendency to let rounds get away from him and GSP is a master of outpointing fighters and playing to his strengths.

8-0 in the UFC with 6 finishes.

Not to mention just absolute jaw dropping athleticism.

FrigidUnselfishBrahmancow.gif

Yoel is a monster. Look at the level of competition too. Put down Kennedy, knocked Lyoto cold, beat Jacare, brutally knocked out Weidman. Who's who of former UFC or Strikeforce champs/contenders.

I'm a huge GSP fan but for St.-Pierre to come out of retirement into a division in which he's never fought and get a title shot before Yoel is a farce.

Bisping has been a huge duck in all of this. I have been hoping that he gets absolutely wrecked by whoever he fights. If he means it and actually goes through with it, mad fucking respect. I highly doubt he'll actually do it though.

Bisping has been a huge duck in all of this. I have been hoping that he gets absolutely wrecked by whoever he fights. If he means it and actually goes through with it, mad fucking respect. I highly doubt he'll actually do it though.

the funny thing is Bis took the title fight on extremely short notice, coming off the XXX Return of Xander Cage movie set and fighting a guy who hurt him and choked him out last time they met. Very gutsy and it paid off huge. But it's strange that a guy with that mentality in taking the chance to gain the title is now seemingly very hesitant to fight the best guys in the division.

It's funny the distinction- went out on a limb to win the belt because he really had all to gain and nothing to lose. But now he has a lot to lose and you can see the dramatic shift in perspective.

the funny thing is Bis took the title fight on extremely short notice, coming off the XXX Return of Xander Cage movie set and fighting a guy who hurt him and choked him out last time they met. Very gutsy and it paid off huge. But it's strange that a guy with that mentality in taking the chance to gain the title is now seemingly very hesitant to fight the best guys in the division.

It's funny the distinction- went out on a limb to win the belt because he really had all to gain and nothing to lose. But now he has a lot to lose and you can see the dramatic shift in perspective.

I actually always liked Bisping before he won the title. I was ecstatic when he beat Rockhold. His attitude after winning the title has turned me into one of his biggest haters. I always thought of him as fight anybody anytime kind of fighter and he turned into somebody completely different. Like you I was appalled at his attitude. He genuinely seems scared of Yoel. If he does in deed fight Yoel, I will have nothing but respect for the warrior that I used to think he was.

The UFC has made a joke of the MW division- when it is probably the most deepest it has ever been. Old Man Hendo with a terrible record, and ranked 13, gets a shot at Bisping over Jacare.

Now GSP gets a shot over Romero. The Bald Fool Dana- should make Romero vs. Bisping for July, and the winner can face GSP in October. The UFC should not tie up the division any longer. Better yet- tell GSP to fight a top contender at 185 first.

I actually always liked Bisping before he won the title. I was ecstatic when he beat Rockhold. His attitude after winning the title has turned me into one of his biggest haters. I always thought of him as fight anybody anytime kind of fighter and he turned into somebody completely different. Like you I was appalled at his attitude. He genuinely seems scared of Yoel. If he does in deed fight Yoel, I will have nothing but respect for the warrior that I used to think he was.

What I dislike too is the "well, this is the fight the UFC wanted" type of excuse he's been using. Look, maybe it's even true...I don't know the whole story- but it just comes across poorly. You're the champion. There is a clear, clear number one contender. You have to blame some of the company brass too though because the GSP/Bisping superfight (that I don't really see as one) is going to be something I imagine they try to protect. So the notion that they will let Bisping go in there against an absolute destroyer prior to GSP returning seems unlikely to me.

Not really gutsy. He was still far away from a title shot and the short notice fight was likely the only way to ever get a title shot, and he'd been waiting to get the title shot for 10+ years in the UFC. The title shot meant a huge bump in pay also. Basically he was gifted a great opportunity. Anyone in his position would have taken it. A lot to gain and very little to lose.

Bisping would not dare. Yoel would destroy him and his GSP PPV pts payday.

I would prefer to watch GSP sooner than later.

Bisping would be a difficult fight for yoel, he's a veteran who's light on his feet, a good boxer and has fantastic cardio, I think Chris Wiedman was an easier fight for yoel as he's a poorer version of himself really, Chris looks stuck in the mud when fighting its like he's going in slow motion, and is an inferior grappler, Bisping brings new challenges to the table.

Got to agree with Mike on this one. How can GSP sit on his arse for 3 years doing nothing but training have a reason to wait 6 months to fight again after he has signed the contract??? At least Bisping will fight anyone anywhere anytime and is not just chasing money and holding up title fights like that overrated Irishman is. Get in the cage George! As Mike says, it only takes 6 - 8 weeks for a training camp. We already have Nick Diaz sitting around wasting away into oblivion and retirement. We don't need anymore tri annual fighters (ie only fight once every 3 years)
cycling.jpg

how can anybody on an mma forum say that avbout Yoel who still hasn't been given his rightful title shot which in my opinion - his last 4 wins may as well have been title defenses in the MW division cause really - WHO IS LEFT?

Welcome to Sherdog. We teach idiots things.

Yoel last 4 wins:

Weidman - KO
Jacare - DEC
Machida - KO
Kennedy - KO

Who the fuck else is there at MW?
Machida is 1-3 in his last 4.
Kennedy hasn't won a fight since April 2014
He lost rounds 2 and 3 to Jacare, anyone with a brain can see that.
Neat win over Weidman

Let's get off the dudes dick.

This is just more talk from Bisping to keep the fight in the headlines and to maintain interest.

There is very little doubt in my mind that Bisping wants the pay day fight with GSP above all else at this point. Yoel won't net Bisping enough of a pay day for it to come to that.

None of this pressure will affect GSP either.

I wouldn't mind seeing a larger GSP for the fight. He is already giving up some size against an average MW, Georges will need it if he has any plans to defend that belt upon victory. I doubt he will do that though.

Wolf tickets are now on pre-sale for a limited amount of time. Get yours while you can!

Back