Bisping beats any version of Anderson Silva

I am a fan of Bisping but prime Anderson was a genius. He got old, his reactions slowed down and he tarnished his legacy. People forget that in his prime this man was a motherfucking artist. It's not something dick pills or PEDs can help you with. All you have to do is watch his highlights and you'll see poetry.

He was a genius, but I seem to remember Barry Bonds and other baseball PED users’ fans trotting out the “being stronger does not help you hit a fast-moving tiny ball with a stick” argument. Ignoring, for instance, that being that much stronger changes a routine deep-fly out into a home run.

PED use alters how often, for how long, and how intensely you can train and how fast you can recover. That would seem to alter one’s level of competence and mastery of the skills, as well as brute force.

If he’s able to land his genius strikes with more force than otherwise, I’m not sure how you can claim that doesn’t help. Otherwise, he’s just this guy, potentially -

I’m not saying he definitely did use PEDs back in the day, but because we know he did, over all, and testing was weaker or did not exist, really, we can’t say he didn’t either.

While we don’t know, if he did, that it would have been a decisive factor in the effectiveness of his artistry, but we can’t hand-wave it away, either.

Back