Bisping Already Trying To Discredit The Inevitable

Look mate, I'm not saying he's the best but without the belt he is still easily a top 10 middleweight.
It's impossible to say when you don't see him fight the current crop. I'd say it's debatable and if Mousasi hadn't left it would have be unlikely.

Bisping used to have a great sprawl and excellent scrambling/stand-back-up ability, but those skills looked seriously diminished when he fought Kennedy a few years back. Since then the only grappling-heavy fighter he's faced is Leites, and he struggled there as well.

The issue is he's a lot bigger than GSP and he's not coming off a 4 year hiatus. I won't be shocked by any outcome in this fight.

According to Fightmetric, Bisping has a 64% take down defence record. Compared to Woodly, and Jones who are in the high 90s and Aldo who has an even 90%, Bisping's stats are decidedly average. Than again, the other fighters I mentioned consistently beat top contenders and didn't get their belts by a fluke.

Yeah his TDD is average at best. Tim Kennedy easily took him down and controlled him for 3 rounds.

Well you had no one in title fights since Bisping thats my point. They all had to terminate each other out of title fights and are the elite of MW. Now Mousasi is gone.
To the public title fights are the epitome of a division and MW sucked bigtime in this regard since Bisping is "champ". Like I said in annother post. Ist exactly like Serra winning the title back then
and in a division of great fighters defending against top20 fighters for years. Its detrimental to public perception of a weightclass.

Watch the Diaz fight. Even there GSP had much much more trouble to implement his takedowns compared to his prime and often could not get it. And that against someone as bad at td defense as Nick.

You're not wrong, but what really stood out to me was how easily Georges outstruck Nick. Nick landed like 4 good strikes the whole fight. GSP out classed him on the feet, which is something few fighters have been able to do.

It's impossible to say when you don't see him fight the current crop. I'd say it's debatable and if Mousasi hadn't left it would have be unlikely.

All opinionsI suppose, imo he's 4-7

Literally nobody outside of die hard fans know who they are. GSP is a superstar. Those guys are irrelevant.

GSP is nothing compared to McGoat and is returning back because sponsors are getting no ROI. Sonnen covered this on his podcast. Dude only kept talking fighting while ducking TW, Hendricks rematch, Anderson (still terrified of him), and Bisping until most recently. If he could sit on his sponsorship money, he would not be back. After he is exposed by Bisping, he and the dry hum era will end for good.

The rule at the time was vague. It was only after BJ whined about it, because he was humiliated that he lied about fighting GSP "to the death", that they really cracked down on it.

Humilated? BJ, a natural LW, possibly BW fought a guy who walks around heavier than MW yet, ducked Anderson "too much to lose" on Sports net but now magically will fight Bisping at you guessed it, MW. Classic.

Riiight. Or perhaps both fighters were comfortable continuing their dominance in their respective divisions, rather than risk their reps being tainted by taking a loss.

Anderson got old.

GSP dry humps exploiting the rules and doing nothing there. No attempt of GNP or subs. Nobody wants to watch a man with vaseline napping on another man.

Prime GSP was a finishing machine be a tko striking or subs. He arm barred Hughes in the rubber match, he head kicked him unconscious in the rematch.

His fall was losing to Sera and then, dry humping which in turn, led to complacency, mediocrity, playing it safe, and became predictable. He also had the shit beat out of him and hasn't been conscious sense fleeing from the sport for his safety while talking about alien's steeling his time. This is the portrayal of brain damage; take punishment, pepper jabs at busted eye socket Kos or dry hump and take a shit load of punishment.

The same system he has exploited has exploited him. Bisping is an assassin. Like it or not, GSP is in for a beating.

You're not wrong, but what really stood out to me was how easily Georges outstruck Nick. Nick landed like 4 good strikes the whole fight. GSP out classed him on the feet, which is something few fighters have been able to do.

Irrelevant. If the rules led to stand ups like in the GG vs CC fight, if dry humping was outlawed or if fans greW BALLS refusing to watch fights whereby dry humping happens, ROI would drop off, and UFC would take action.

I heard on JRE, UFC is changing to push for the finish moreso, not just for monetary purposes but, the rules to push not for control IE Not fighting but, for the actual finish.

Bisping used to have a great sprawl and excellent scrambling/stand-back-up ability, but those skills looked seriously diminished when he fought Kennedy a few years back. Since then the only grappling-heavy fighter he's faced is Leites, and he struggled there as well.

The issue is he's a lot bigger than GSP and he's not coming off a 4 year hiatus. I won't be shocked by any outcome in this fight.

Pepper your angus; GPs is getting beat to fucking bloody pulp, and unconscious even before he can tap to strikes. Bisping is going to retire him for good.

Bisping is an assassin.

LOL. Good one.

Anyways, I don't know why you think I'm championing GSP's style. If you look closely, I even gave it a little jab in the OP. I'm just calling it as it is. GSP, while certainly not the most exciting fighter in the world, is very effective at implementing his game plan. Few have found a way to combat it, and judges love it. Bisping being a very average jack of all trades kind of fighter, is tailor made for GSP to smother and net a decision. It's not going to be pretty, but GSP is going to have his way with him.

LOL. Good one.

Anyways, I don't know why you think I'm championing GSP's style. If you look closely, I even gave it a little jab in the OP. I'm just calling it as it is. GSP, while certainly not the most exciting fighter in the world, is very effective at implementing his game plan. Few have found a way to combat it, and judges love it. Bisping being a very average jack of all trades kind of fighter, is tailor made for GSP to smother and net a decision. It's not going to be pretty, but GSP is going to have his way with him.

i disagree. People sleep on Bisping but, if you look at who he lost too, it is #1 the elite of the elite or 2, a cheater on GEAR. Pick your poison.

If it was any other fighter, fans here would be disgusted, and would dismiss said losses. he is from the UK, he is disliked since tuf, and haters gonna hate.

30 resting heart rate. Crazy cardio. Insane work ethic. Super well rounded. Not spectacular in any one area. One great martial artist.

Did you watch Shad's comeback fight after two years? How did he look? This is 4 after a drumming by Pre USADA Hendricks (read between the line). Then again, GSP left before USADA. He has not looked good for over a decade.

If it goes to a decision, GSP wins by another corrupt American robbery back to back. Bisping must stop him. Put his ass unconscious or he loses PERIOD. This is what is happening. Can GSP last 25min with Count? NO he cannot.

Back