Bisping Already Trying To Discredit The Inevitable

HereticBD

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Look, we all all know how this fight is going to go. GSP is going to take Bisping down at will, and make him mildly uncomfortable for five straight rounds, leading to a 50-45, 50-45, 50-45 unanimous decision victory. It's going to happen. I know it. You know. Bisping knows it.

At the most recent presser, Bisping was already complaining about GSP's future victory.

Almost as if he was channeling his future post fight interview, Bisping was heard saying:

"When you take someone down, you're avoiding a fight!"

"Stand and fight like a man!"

"Look, we know what you're going to do. You're going to double jab and take me down."

It's already over.

Bisping has really good TDD and an uncanny ability to get back to his feet.

I'd be surprised if Georges can wet blanket him for the full 5.

GSP trains with Jake Shields now, so he'll easily get the win

You are right and I think GSP has a different plan for defeating Bisping.....

I give GSP 2 rounds doing what he does

After that he's fucked

What does this have to do with Mackenzie Dern?

According to Fightmetric, Bisping has a 64% take down defence record. Compared to Woodly, and Jones who are in the high 90s and Aldo who has an even 90%, Bisping's stats are decidedly average. Than again, the other fighters I mentioned consistently beat top contenders and didn't get their belts by a fluke.

GSP is fucked actually. Ring rust is going to be massive whilst carrying extra weight against a guy who is bigger than you and has incredible cardio and keeps up a high output of strikes. I can see GSP tapping to strikes again tbh.

Bisping is a shitstain, who actually pays attention to what that idiot says anymore.

<15>

People have been bitching about takedowns for over 20 years. GTFO of mma then.

If you don't like takedowns and boxing is a "man's" sport then go to boxing. Bisping wouldn't last 4 rounds with any real boxer

According to Fightmetric, Bisping has a 64% take down defence record. Compared to Woodly, and Jones who are in the high 90s and Aldo who has an even 90%, Bisping's stats are decidedly average. Than again, the other fighters I mentioned consistently beat top contenders and didn't get their belts by a fluke.

Your stats are accurate but by my unscientific recollection, Bisping seems to bounce back up pretty quickly ..... he is hard to keep down.

Nobody knows what GSP will look like @ mw until he fights @ mw. The easy assumption is tdgnp but Conor wasn't regarded as a sure thing against the 'bigger' Alvarez and he was closer in weight than GSP ever will be to Bisping, plus Conor didn't have to rely on the physical drain of wrestling to win, assuming GSP doesn't plan to keep it standing. Could be a 5 round war.

Bisping is actually a horrible match up for GSP as others have said. He's just a weak champion.

Bisping is actually a horrible match up for GSP as others have said. He's just a weak champion.

How on earth is Bisping, a primarily standup fighter with average TDD, a horrible match up for the Iron Blanket?

Look, we all all know how this fight is going to go. GSP is going to take Bisping down at will, and make him mildly uncomfortable for five straight rounds, leading to a 50-45, 50-45, 50-45 unanimous decision victory. It's going to happen. I know it. You know. Bisping knows it.

At the most recent presser, Bisping was already complaining about GSP's future victory.

Almost as if he was channeling his future post fight interview, Bisping was heard saying:

"When you take someone down, you're avoiding a fight!"

"Stand and fight like a man!"

"Look, we know what you're going to do. You're going to double jab and take me down."

It's already over.

I dont even see current GSP as a TOP20 MW regarding his fight ability. It will be a huge upset if he can defeat Bisping.

GSP had big problems in his last fights to implement his td fight strategy and then he went on a 5 year Hiatus. Imo Bisping will dominate him and everyone will kiss Bispings ass after, while in truth again
he will have avoided every dangerous opponent. A near 2 year title reign without even one top10 Opponent. Talk about pathetic.

After Silva it looked like MW being a fantastic exciting division with the best title fights in all weightclasses with Jacare, Rockhold, TRT Vitor, Mousasi, Weidman and now Withaker..etc and UFC
completely fucked everything up. Longterm they could have won so much but decided to go for the quick buck.

The way UFC now protects their champions if they make a buck destroys the longterm credibility bigtime and will cost the UFC alot of money.

I dont even see current GSP as a TOP20 MW regarding his fight ability. It will be a huge upset if he can defeat Bisping.

Said nobody.

GSP had big problems in his last fights to implement his td fight strategy

Johnny Hendricks =/= Micheal Bisping

and then he went on a 5 year Hiatus.

That's really the only outlier in this. 5 years is no joke, and who knows what shape GSP will be in. If he's the same as he ever was, Bisping doesn't stand a chance.

GSP by Kos-level orbital bone smash.

How on earth is Bisping, a primarily standup fighter with average TDD, a horrible match up for the Iron Blanket?

Because he's very good at scrambling back up and he has very strong cardio.

This is going to be a battle of cardio IMO and GSP who never had cardio quite as strong as Bisping is going to get outworked on route to a late tko.

Also it's one thing to bring up Bisping take down defense, he wasn't dumping people on their head the second they clinched like Jones or having people shoot from 6 feet out terrified of his power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back