Biscuitsbrah's 4th Kickboxing Fight

First off all, congrats for the fight.
But sorry to say, for me he clearly won.

Seems to me, you had a hard time finding your range, both for offense and defense... The fact that he had a reach advantage was clearly a problem, but it shows also a lack of experience in that domain. Is normal...

You bounce a bit to much, making it hard some time to be in the optimum position for countering, or even just answering his strikes.

You let some good openings pass... Don't know if you dint see them, or again, if it was a question of bad positioning for a strike.

You forget to kick... For example a lot of good opportunities after a combo, to end it with a low, but usually dint...
(Like what you did at the end of the first round)

You have good defensive movement, getting away from the ropes/corner, but you lack offensive ones.
(3rd round, you get him in the clinch near the corner, and you turn him around back to the center !?)

You got to learn how to check those low... Bouncing out of them, may be easier, but you cant retaliate, been out of range. So for him it's a free strike. He either connects, or he makes you go away. If you don't like to check, do what Zambidis does. Step in the low while blasting a punch (forgive me MT gods for saying this)

Some times you don't choose the best strike available to you.

Your choice for that type of shorts, made you loose at least a round.

He was better than you just from the basics... More experienced, and with a reach advantage.

Sorry if I sound too negative, but It makes me feel good about myself to diminish someone, anonymously on a forum...

Sorry if I sound too negative, but It makes me feel good about myself to diminish someone, anonymously on a forum...
giphy.gif

Also it was very hard to read in the moment what stance he was. I don’t really notice my opponents patterns in there I’m too focused on what weapons I can throw when he’s southpaw. Just gotta relax and see a little more next time I fight. I’m always very tense because I don’t like getting hit.

Totally understandable. It's only your 4th fight so you're still early in your career, it takes time to get comfortable in the ring so that you can relax a bit and start seeing & planning instead of focusing on what's right in front of you right now. This is also where your coaches/corner can help you out a bunch, if they see certain openings that you're missing, they can point them out to you between rounds and help you key in on them. If you can make the adjustment between rounds to turn the fight around, awesome, if not, then you still learn something since you and your coaches now know what you need to work on in your training.

Lol thanks j123. I hate the fact that I land something good and just immediately dart out, scared of the return. Also I was just pacing myself in the 2nd and the body kick was just a poor choice. I don’t throw kicks like MT or kick boxers with a lot of force thrown into every kick. I prefer mma so each kick is a lot softer and more paced.

Just curious, is there a particular reason you prefer throwing your kicks softer & more paced rather than blasting them in full power?

Just curious, is there a particular reason you prefer throwing your kicks softer & more paced rather than blasting them in full power?
Most likely gas tank conservation

You really look like an MMA striker. Lots of in and out, focusing on landing single shots, more hands than feet, reluctance to spend a lot of time in the pocket. Is your striking training oriented towards pure kickboxing or do you train more for MMA? You just didn't seem as comfortable throwing the volume necessary to win ammy KB fights.

Totally understandable. It's only your 4th fight so you're still early in your career, it takes time to get comfortable in the ring so that you can relax a bit and start seeing & planning instead of focusing on what's right in front of you right now. This is also where your coaches/corner can help you out a bunch, if they see certain openings that you're missing, they can point them out to you between rounds and help you key in on them. If you can make the adjustment between rounds to turn the fight around, awesome, if not, then you still learn something since you and your coaches now know what you need to work on in your training.

I guess I should focus on making reads in training and in fights.

I think most mma guys don’t throw kicks super hard because the fight is longer than kickboxing and you need to have energy to defend takedowns and shoot takedowns of your own

You really look like an MMA striker. Lots of in and out, focusing on landing single shots, more hands than feet, reluctance to spend a lot of time in the pocket. Is your striking training oriented towards pure kickboxing or do you train more for MMA? You just didn't seem as comfortable throwing the volume necessary to win ammy KB fights.
Yea it’s based for mma, but kickboxing is a great way to work striking imo. It’s different but every fight helps my striking more than mma for now imo.

How long have you kickboxed?
I’ve been competing for almost 2 years but started training maybe 4

I think most mma guys don’t throw kicks super hard because the fight is longer than kickboxing and you need to have energy to defend takedowns and shoot takedowns of your own

I tend to disagree with that philosophy. If you're throwing kicks as a setup for further strikes or takedowns, or as a probe to get a reaction from your opponent so that you can counter him then it makes sense to take some power off the kick to save energy and maintain better balance. But if you're throwing the kicks to hurt the guy you need to put enough power on it so that it actually hurts him when it lands, otherwise he's not going to respect your kicks and start walking through them to do his thing.

In MMA, kick defence is still a work in progress, lots of fighters still don't know how to block or avoid kicks. There's lots of opportunities to do good damage as long as your kicks aren't caught & turned into a takedown by your opponent, and the harder you're hitting him, the harder it becomes to block or catch the kicks. If the other guy's throwing 60-70% power kicks at you, you can probably deal with that without too much of a problem. On the other hand, if a Thai is blasting you with full power round kicks, you're gonna die. David Teymur won his most recent UFC fight thanks to his power kicks, he didn't kill his opponent like Samkor in the video, but the guy just couldn't deal with the kicks and got easily out-landed.

congrats on your 4th fight my friend. you both looked very mma style, you also fight mma right? you looked tentative and defensive. Your defense shut his offense down, easily it seemed, you are better technically, but you didnt capitalize on responding in an exchange. Your clinch/knee game needs improvement. my 2 suggestions would be to work some dutch style defend/return drills and to work on your clinch.

congrats on your 4th fight my friend. you both looked very mma style, you also fight mma right? you looked tentative and defensive. Your defense shut his offense down, easily it seemed, you are better technically, but you didnt capitalize on responding in an exchange. Your clinch/knee game needs improvement. my 2 suggestions would be to work some dutch style defend/return drills and to work on your clinch.
Yea I have a couple mma fights. I don’t like getting hit so it’s hard for me to get in optimal range.

Yea it’s based for mma, but kickboxing is a great way to work striking imo. It’s different but every fight helps my striking more than mma for now imo.

I’ve been competing for almost 2 years but started training maybe 4

My point wasn't that your striking was bad, I don't think it is. I was more trying to be sympathetic because if you're used to MMA striking, it can be really hard to make yourself throw the volume and especially the volume of kicks that you need to win KB fights. I myself have struggled with this, since in MMA I'm mostly looking to not get KOed while closing the distance to get the TD so my striking is very tentative and safety first. Gets me killed in KB when I can't get myself to let my hands and feet go, but there's so much less downside to taking a single shot in KB you have to match volume with volume.

I'm guessing this was under KB rules and not full rules MT, since I didn't see any elbows thrown. Is that why the ref warned you in the first for pulling his head down with a single collar tie and punching?

Also...maybe I missed it but I didn't see a kick checked by either of you guys.

I feel like you landed the more meaningful shots (especially as he tired) but he had more volume on you.

I'm guessing this was under KB rules and not full rules MT, since I didn't see any elbows thrown. Is that why the ref warned you in the first for pulling his head down with a single collar tie and punching?

Also...maybe I missed it but I didn't see a kick checked by either of you guys.

I feel like you landed the more meaningful shots (especially as he tired) but he had more volume on you.
Yeah kickboxing rules... we don’t check kicks round these parts, this is murica!!

Last edited:
Is this kickboxing or muay thai? Just looks like two thai fighters. But wow, no shin pads. That must be really fun. Did you receive any shin clashes/injuries?

Nice fight. You like that long A stance, more Boxing and leaving that lead leg wide open for low kicks.

Is this kickboxing or muay thai? Just looks like two thai fighters. But wow, no shin pads. That must be really fun. Did you receive any shin clashes/injuries?
Kickboxing rules.
A lot of inexperienced guys who just blast kicks as hard as they can at a leg or body receive shin injuries, but if you pick your kicks your shins never really feel too sore after. Depends how you fight I guess.
If anything my forearms always have a lump or two from getting kicked

Where was this fight by the way? Where from the states?

This thread is the exact opposite of this.

Ronda-Rousey-Purple-Pillow.jpg

Back