Biscuitsbrah hitting the bags once again (Boxing)

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Hey hey hey. I apologize in advance for spamming these forums with more bagwork videos. I know I posted one just a week or two ago.

Basically this is me solely focusing on returning my hands to my chin as fast as possible and keeping my chin down. This is probably the biggest and most mentioned problem in my last thread, plus I watched Sano's bag work video and he basically embarrassed me by comparison. I feel like by focusing on this one problem has made me look 10x cleaner and faster. (Not sure if it translates like that though, at least it looks better)

Slightly better movement and combos

One thing I noticed is that hitting the bag like this is exhausting. And I can only maintain this form and pace for about 3 minutes before I'm done...

If everyone could just leave 1 or 2 main tips they could have me work on that would be great. I appreciate all the advice but the last thread I got a little overwhelmed with criticism lol.

Last edited:
Bonus shadowboxing round. This was before I figured to concentrate on hand placement and returns.

Hand return 2, looks much improved, you might be gasing because your not used to it, try to loosen up when you throw, you can still return your hands back just as fast.

Think of your hands, like weights and your arms like elastic, loosen up and just throw your hands, if you stiffen up your muscles in an attempt to return them to position faster your just get tired, start thinking of it as part of the punch and not an after thought.

I think Sullivan mentioned it before regarding foot position after you throw your combo and how pivoting should be part of the combo and not an after thought.

It's all like a dance move, your whole body from foot to head is involved, you don't think of it like your doing circuit training when your doing each exercise in isolation......

Skip the fast conditioning combo's during this work out. It's not really realistic. If you wanna train that, try it in another workout.

Ha, yeah it looks cleaner! It'll be interesting to see how it transfer down the line as you said. It's always hard to say exactly. I still think you should keep using your strengths in the MMA fights, but it definitely can't hurt having more tools and especially being more defensively responsible.

I'd say on the bag keep working on having the chin down and try moving to your right a little more. You mostly only move to your right when you are resetting or when you switch to southpaw. Sometimes it's nice to get comfortable moving both ways. It'll give you more opportunities to work with and it'll help with your footwork.

Keep taking angles and doing your stuff when shadowboxing. Just be thoughtful of how you can apply it in sparring. I'm finding more and more that shadowboxing is not about looking flashy or fast just for the sake of it (not saying you are, I'm talking about myself mostly here), but it's about thinking about your opponent and the shots coming at you. Seeing it. It's all about the eyes.

Hand return 2, looks much improved, you might be gasing because your not used to it, try to loosen up when you throw, you can still return your hands back just as fast.

Think of your hands, like weights and your arms like elastic, loosen up and just throw your hands, if you stiffen up your muscles in an attempt to return them to position faster your just get tired, start thinking of it as part of the punch and not an after thought.

I think Sullivan mentioned it before regarding foot position after you throw your combo and how pivoting should be part of the combo and not an after thought.

It's all like a dance move, your whole body from foot to head is involved, you don't think of it like your doing circuit training when your doing each exercise in isolation......
No wonder I got so tired. I just realized I'm really really stiff. I think the more punches I throw in the bag the more comfortable I'll be. It'll be one smooth movement soon enough...

Dude, you're supposed to swish your wrists around like a salmon the way Rousey does. Back to basics, bro.

Back