Biscuits First MMA Fight

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Whats up F11. Decided to post this here instead of the grappling forum just because it seems this section has more MMA guys.

Im the short guy. Just looking for any tips/feedback.

I had a really hard time getting on the inside, basically just hesitated on the feet to avoid any damage even though he didnt hit very hard. Another thing was that I had a really bad cut above my eye from clashing heads in the first round. I didnt know it was from a headbutt I thought I was just getting owned in the stand up even though I felt fine lol.

I felt like I avoided any real damage on the feet, but ultimately was losing on points on the feet as well, something I feel I really need to fix. Might start going part time to a boxing gym or something.

Anyways it wasnt the prettiest but I had fun! Let me know what you guys think!

Be sure to watch in 1080p

Btw I won by RNC. Cant see in video

Last edited:
just watched the first round and second bro. fun fight. My first impressions are I would set up that cross with a jab and set up your kicks with your hands more. That trip was sick btw. Good job! I thought you def won.

just watched the first round and second bro. fun fight. My first impressions are I would set up that cross with a jab and set up your kicks with your hands more. That trip was sick btw. Good job! I thought you def won.
Thanks dude. I think youre right that I need to learn how to jab against a southpaw, or at least threaten with it. Need to set up the kicks with the hands too.

Thanks for posting the vídeo, good to see you.
You used your weapons well against the taller guy. You seem fast, strong and explosive, all great attributes. I would suggest you to work on your boxing/kickboxing as it will make you feel more confident and comfortable wherever the fights goes, but you showed nice composure for your 1st fight.
Congrats :)

Thanks dude. I think youre right that I need to learn how to jab against a southpaw, or at least threaten with it. Need to set up the kicks with the hands too.

Your best bet is to feint the jab to provoke the parry, and then to jab after that :) if you get a good jab going often you'll land it more - the southpaw jab isn't as hard to land as people think it is

You've got that style Joe Rogan would call "karate like" ;)

Thanks for posting the vídeo, good to see you.
You used your weapons well against the taller guy. You seem fast, strong and explosive, all great attributes. I would suggest you to work on your boxing/kickboxing as it will make you feel more confident and comfortable wherever the fights goes, but you showed nice composure for your 1st fight.
Congrats :)

Thanks for watching fearless. Will continue to work on my striking so that im less hesitant on the feet for sure.

Your best bet is to feint the jab to provoke the parry, and then to jab after that :) if you get a good jab going often you'll land it more - the southpaw jab isn't as hard to land as people think it is

You've got that style Joe Rogan would call "karate like" ;)
Good tip, Ill probably start or work with that jab feint a lot. Hopefully opens up more opportunities to land. Thanks man

Congrats on your fight and win man...

-A little gun shy on the first and half second.
-You can use the teep to measure distance when you have trouble doing it with the jab (longer opponents/to much movement). It will also make him hesitate to enter every time you raise your knee. And if its not a lazy teep, it's mostly safe.
-You can also use a fast low kick with the front leg to measure distance.
-Need to be a bit more mean after you secure the take down, show the judges that you want to hurt him, and not just control him. (even if you work for submissions, it's easy to mistake it for lay and pray)
-I hate your kind...wrestlers/grapplers... taking something beautiful like striking arts, and making it ugly, boring... go back to your sub-forum F12 to post your video, among your peers. F11 should be only about MT.
-Again, congrats...

I loved how when he was trying to tie up your arms when you had his back, you launched him face-first into the mat with your weight included @ 4:48. Beautiful. That kind of thing can really ruin a day and you could see from his face/reaction that it was effective.

Seems like you did it several times later in the 3rd round every time he tried to get back up, but he really wasn't expecting it that 1st time and it knocked him silly. It almost to me seems like a turning point in the fight. Combined striking (ballistic impact) with grappling (face + ground). Wonderful.

I hope you do the part time boxing thing, do a lot of drills and don't sweat it or try to get tired (don't try to make it a workout) just try for efficiency and to save energy, resources, that's what everyone does wrong, imo. Also you could throw in some private lessons, those pay off so well with a good coach/ trainer. Can't go wrong.

Last edited:
- Congratulations man.
Good for you to honoring the sacred speedo`s.

Whats up F11. Decided to post this here instead of the grappling forum just because it seems this section has more MMA guys.

Im the short guy. Just looking for any tips/feedback.

I had a really hard time getting on the inside, basically just hesitated on the feet to avoid any damage even though he didnt hit very hard. Another thing was that I had a really bad cut above my eye from clashing heads in the first round. I didnt know it was from a headbutt I thought I was just getting owned in the stand up even though I felt fine lol.

I felt like I avoided any real damage on the feet, but ultimately was losing on points on the feet as well, something I feel I really need to fix. Might start going part time to a boxing gym or something.

Anyways it wasnt the prettiest but I had fun! Let me know what you guys think!

Be sure to watch in 1080p

Btw I won by RNC. Cant see in video

nice kicks

Good tip, Ill probably start or work with that jab feint a lot. Hopefully opens up more opportunities to land. Thanks man

No problem dude, I'm a southpaw and I jab all the time. It sounds counterproductive but it actually helps if you drop the hand a bit to bait them into throwing their jab, because then when your hand comes up it knocks theirs out of the way. It's a Vasyl Lomachenko trick - takes a lot of drilling to get comfortable with though.

Now you are a better fighter than me but I may aswel share what I did not like. But first you fought good, you are strong and fast for your age and your wrestling and grappling is good. Keep it up.

Now stand up game. First of all stance seems legs are too wide and you are doing some huge steps and it is only your athleticism that safes you. Your head often goes forward. Your steps are too big but otherwise the footwork is good. At times you look too bladed at others way too squared. I am not sure why it is. Your lead leg is way too easy be low kicked. I am not sure why your opponent did not exploit that.

You are backing off way too much. Someone with your wrestling should be looking for opportunities to counter with a take down and back up people, not running back himself imo.

Strikes. You have nothing at the left hand and left kick. You are too loaded on the front foot and I can see from a mile you can not damage me with a left. I have no fights at all, but I d just circle you to my right and beat you in a stand up. Imo you were lucky he was a southpaw.

In the end pretty rough criticism from a person without a single fight. Do not take it personally or anything I do not want to offend but to help with an opinion and bring constructive criticism.

Advice - sign a boxing or kick boxing gym and after awhile add some private boxing lessons. I am sure if you mix up boxing and the wrestling you already got you may make a career.

You're such a badass bud! Congrats on the win!

You dominated him in the wrestling department. He didn't want any of it, is was pretty clear. Tough matchup standing. Long rangy southpaw, that's not easy, and with your height and lower body mass you'll probably be the shorter fighter with the shorter reach most of the time.

Any thoughts on how you best deal with him as a southpaw? What's your thoughts on the distance you like to be at in general, and how you get there successfully?

Congrats on your fight and win man...

-A little gun shy on the first and half second.
-You can use the teep to measure distance when you have trouble doing it with the jab (longer opponents/to much movement). It will also make him hesitate to enter every time you raise your knee. And if its not a lazy teep, it's mostly safe.
-You can also use a fast low kick with the front leg to measure distance.
-Need to be a bit more mean after you secure the take down, show the judges that you want to hurt him, and not just control him. (even if you work for submissions, it's easy to mistake it for lay and pray)
-I hate your kind...wrestlers/grapplers... taking something beautiful like striking arts, and making it ugly, boring... go back to your sub-forum F12 to post your video, among your peers. F11 should be only about MT.
-Again, congrats...
I swear I wasnt lay and praying. You cant see it in the video but I was softening him up with small shots the whole time =]
The lead leg kick to the legs is something I really want. Either just for a distraction/set up or a quick point scoring kick.
Front kick is a little harder on taller opponents. When I get better at that technique and range it will definitely be a weapon though. Thanks.
- Congratulations man.
Good for you to honoring the sacred speedo`s.
nice kicks
Thank you for watching guys! The manties is where its at
Now you are a better fighter than me but I may aswel share what I did not like. But first you fought good, you are strong and fast for your age and your wrestling and grappling is good. Keep it up.

Now stand up game. First of all stance seems legs are too wide and you are doing some huge steps and it is only your athleticism that safes you. Your head often goes forward. Your steps are too big but otherwise the footwork is good. At times you look too bladed at others way too squared. I am not sure why it is. Your lead leg is way too easy be low kicked. I am not sure why your opponent did not exploit that.

You are backing off way too much. Someone with your wrestling should be looking for opportunities to counter with a take down and back up people, not running back himself imo.

Strikes. You have nothing at the left hand and left kick. You are too loaded on the front foot and I can see from a mile you can not damage me with a left. I have no fights at all, but I d just circle you to my right and beat you in a stand up. Imo you were lucky he was a southpaw.

In the end pretty rough criticism from a person without a single fight. Do not take it personally or anything I do not want to offend but to help with an opinion and bring constructive criticism.

Advice - sign a boxing or kick boxing gym and after awhile add some private boxing lessons. I am sure if you mix up boxing and the wrestling you already got you may make a career.
Thank you for your advice. Im going to continue to work the left kick, and the point you make about using subtle footwork instead of huge leaping steps is legit advice. Pushing the pace and backing someone up in an MMA fight is something I will get used to once im more comfortable in the pocket. I can do it in big gloves but in MMA gloves its so much harder. Thanks man

I loved how when he was trying to tie up your arms when you had his back, you launched him face-first into the mat with your weight included @ 4:48. Beautiful. That kind of thing can really ruin a day and you could see from his face/reaction that it was effective.

Seems like you did it several times later in the 3rd round every time he tried to get back up, but he really wasn't expecting it that 1st time and it knocked him silly. It almost to me seems like a turning point in the fight. Combined striking (ballistic impact) with grappling (face + ground). Wonderful.

I hope you do the part time boxing thing, do a lot of drills and don't sweat it or try to get tired (don't try to make it a workout) just try for efficiency and to save energy, resources, that's what everyone does wrong, imo. Also you could throw in some private lessons, those pay off so well with a good coach/ trainer. Can't go wrong.
Thank you very much Reyes, I actually have never actively drilled that stuff but watching Khabib do it actually kind of adds it to your arsenal lol. And I agree about the boxing thing, I dont like doing martial arts stuff for the conditioning part of it. Especially boxing which tends to focus A LOT on conditioning. Always liked to do S&C separately from martial arts, besides maybe a couple of sports specific movements at the end of class or something. Thanks for watching dude!

You're such a badass bud! Congrats on the win!

You dominated him in the wrestling department. He didn't want any of it, is was pretty clear. Tough matchup standing. Long rangy southpaw, that's not easy, and with your height and lower body mass you'll probably be the shorter fighter with the shorter reach most of the time.

Any thoughts on how you best deal with him as a southpaw? What's your thoughts on the distance you like to be at in general, and how you get there successfully?
Yoo my man Sano! Whats up? I think I probably should have gone to the body more. At my weight class if they are taller they tend to have weaker legs and body. Him being southpaw was very problematic because it takes away my power leg kick. Which leaves me throwing kicks to the body and punches to the body. I feel like I could have hit his head more with my hands by setting it up with body shots first.

I love to be on the outside and pick my shots, which is very counter productive in the striking game when you are as short as me. My inside reads and head movement just arent up to par with my feet. So I feel so much safer moving my feet than I do my upper body. I really want to get good at inside fighting but I dont want to take a lot of damage learning it, so I feel its gonna be a very long process at getting good at mid-range boxing.

Thanks once again for watching Sano

I swear I wasnt lay and praying.

Ha...all you blankets say the same.

I was softening him up with small shots

That's what I'm saying, maybe try to throw a big one every now and then? But that's just my opinion, and i don't have a huge experience in MMA (specially with your style), so you probably know better. (I doubt it, otherwise you will be training MT)

The lead leg kick to the legs is something I really want. Either just for a distraction/set up or a quick point scoring kick.

Just watch out when you use it against an opposite stance, since you will hit from the outside, you might get hurt. Since it's purpose is to be fast and long, you will probably use the instep. And it's very easy for someone to just raise the leg a little, most of the time as a reaction, not even as a conscious defense. And then you might tag the knee with your foot. You may not put a lot of power, but with the speed it will still hurt or even do damage...

Front kick is a little harder on taller opponents.

I find that teeps are one of the best weapons to use against tall opponents, specially if they are not trained to deal with it... It beats their jabs, and most of the times it beats their roundhouses... And it's not a very hard technique to learn.
(front kicks and teeps are different kind of techniques, you loose some reach with the front kick in comparison with the teep)

Yoo my man Sano! Whats up? I think I probably should have gone to the body more. At my weight class if they are taller they tend to have weaker legs and body. Him being southpaw was very problematic because it takes away my power leg kick. Which leaves me throwing kicks to the body and punches to the body. I feel like I could have hit his head more with my hands by setting it up with body shots first.

I love to be on the outside and pick my shots, which is very counter productive in the striking game when you are as short as me. My inside reads and head movement just arent up to par with my feet. So I feel so much safer moving my feet than I do my upper body. I really want to get good at inside fighting but I dont want to take a lot of damage learning it, so I feel its gonna be a very long process at getting good at mid-range boxing.

Thanks once again for watching Sano
Sup man, all is well. Getting back to the gym in a few weeks.

I see what you mean, setting it up to the body is easier said than done though if you don't have any strategies for it, especially with your style. When you're on the outside like that and jumping in a little bit, going straight to the body leaves you vulnurable for the counters. A tall guy like that, you jumping in head low to the body is inviting the knee as well. It's easier to set up the body shots when you're already in midrange and walking him down. When you've got him on the moving back and raising the high guard. That's not really your game right now.

Yeah as a southpaw with long legs he has the body kick advantage. You did it a few times but you're close enough so that he can counter you with the left straight. I can see how the leg kick against an ortho works well for you, keeps you at the distance you like (outside of their boxing range) and wears them down. Throwing the rear legkick against a southpaw takes a little more time and is more easily countered with their straight as well. I like using the lead leg kick to the outside of their lead leg. Feels pretty safe in regards to keeping range and not getting countered. Easy to take the outside angle afterwards as well.

You're an athletic guy, you've got spirit and your wrestling seems pretty good too. Setting up the shot/takedown and using your legs I can see how the style works for you. Your feet are pretty fast! Learning to protect yourself better in midrange, not dragging your rear leg behind you and not leading so much with your head will add to your game definitely. Just being able to close that distance safely without having to jump across, when you want to. It doesn't mean you can't use the style you are using now, it's just adding facets to your game.

Keep up the good work bud! Always looking forward to your vids!

Sup man, all is well. Getting back to the gym in a few weeks.

I see what you mean, setting it up to the body is easier said than done though if you don't have any strategies for it, especially with your style. When you're on the outside like that and jumping in a little bit, going straight to the body leaves you vulnurable for the counters. A tall guy like that, you jumping in head low to the body is inviting the knee as well. It's easier to set up the body shots when you're already in midrange and walking him down. When you've got him on the moving back and raising the high guard. That's not really your game right now.

Yeah as a southpaw with long legs he has the body kick advantage. You did it a few times but you're close enough so that he can counter you with the left straight. I can see how the leg kick against an ortho works well for you, keeps you at the distance you like (outside of their boxing range) and wears them down. Throwing the rear legkick against a southpaw takes a little more time and is more easily countered with their straight as well. I like using the lead leg kick to the outside of their lead leg. Feels pretty safe in regards to keeping range and not getting countered. Easy to take the outside angle afterwards as well.

You're an athletic guy, you've got spirit and your wrestling seems pretty good too. Setting up the shot/takedown and using your legs I can see how the style works for you. Your feet are pretty fast! Learning to protect yourself better in midrange, not dragging your rear leg behind you and not leading so much with your head will add to your game definitely. Just being able to close that distance safely without having to jump across, when you want to. It doesn't mean you can't use the style you are using now, it's just adding facets to your game.

Keep up the good work bud! Always looking forward to your vids!

I agree about the body shots, I just don't have that consistent in your face style yet to work the body well.. Leaping in on a body shot is very risky.

I'm also glad you noticed the deficiency in my midrange boxing defense. I'm so used to big gloves and shelling and then moving my feet that it's pretty much all I do. Do you think pure boxing and head movement is the best way to try and fix this?

I'm definitely going to try to stay more planted and not bounce around as much next fight though, kind of like a dillashaw style instead of a Mighty Mouse one. If you know what I mean.

Believe it or not I don't leap around at all in training, I'm much less mobile and light on my feet and try to stick my shots. It's just when I get in there I revert to my original style because I don't want to get hit with a single shot... I think I just need to get more comfortable boxing and with MMA gloves.

Thanks again Sano. Btw are you still having concussion symptoms? Seems like it's been a while now... The brain must take a long time to heal

Last edited:
Back