Bioware hired an amateur to do the facial Animations

How do we determine how much of a meritocracy we live in? I will say that I don't believe we live in any kind of meritocracy. Over a decade working in finance, engineering, construction, and project delivery have convinced me that we work in no such thing. I work with FUCKING IDIOTS who are employed only because of their name. There are employees whose investment in the company through share purchases is so significant that they won't be terminated even if they do absolutely nothing. I cannot find a correlation between skills that benefit the product, project, or customer and compensation/success. I can only find a correlation between skills that socially maneuver someone and their success.

Perhaps to some, that is the merit of effort, as we live in a social society and are social creatures, but it doesn't not benefit an organization, contribute to better products and services, or provide value to the customer.

I guess this is a personal question of the role of government. Whether you think they are capable of affecting outcomes. Again, to simply lean on the language of law and say "everyone is equal and has equal access" I do not believe is true. The law, and the application of the law, or the public's adherence to the law, are very different. The law says you cannot discriminate against a person because of race, gender, or sexual orientation. We all know it still happens.

Even among those who choose to "fully integrate" (I'm not sure what that means. Define full integration for me.) they'll be faced with assumptions and limitations placed on them. I referenced the first nations people before in my posting because of what I see on site every day. Master electricians, amazing craftsmanship, strong work ethics, and yet, there are still a lot of crews that try and not have "an Indian on my crew".

The first nations are part of Canada. Their problems are Canada's problems, and they go deeper than "just be one of us". I don't think Canada has some singular identity. I have not witnessed it. People in Vancouver are massively different than those in Alberta, to say nothing of spending time observing the cultures in the northern territories.
You judge a meritocracy based on how equally citizens are treated at law, not by their accomplishments. The Employment Equity Act prohitibits the kind of discriminatory business practices that you listed so the legal framework is already in place to discourage and mitigate those injustices.

I'm sorry you work with idiots but it's fallacious to attribute the favouritism they enjoy by virtue of their shareholdings to society at large. That level of wealth and privilege is not something enjoyed by the majority of Canadians so it makes no sense to use them as a benchmark.

Of course first nations are part of Canada. I never suggested otherwise. However when you want the right to self govern, you also have to accept the responsibility for providing basic necessities. You cannot have it both ways. The Ministry of Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development determines how much each First Nation receives in funding, not the Canadian government. Further, while there are "contribution agreements" that stipulate which services are to be provided, there are no provisions dealing with service standards or results. Therefore the Canadian government has no direct say in the quality of basic necessities that are provided. I'm not sure what you expect the Canadian government to do, unless you want First Nations to cede some of their autonomy.

Yea I could see people not wanting to buy it if that kept happening. I just saw another video of two guys sitting on eachother during the intro of the game. None of this stuff was happening to me at all. It's funny cause stuff like this always happens. I hear a bunch of people say how "XX" game is so buggy and all this stuff happens and then when I play the game it runs fine. Happens a lot of Fallout and Elder Scroll games. People always talk about all these bugs and then I play it and nothing. Well until FO4. My game wouldn't let me continue a mission that was part of the story so that kind of killed my save game.

Yeah maybe i'm on PC but I have not heard anything about one version being worse then the others but it does happen. I thought the ACG review was pretty much spot on for how I feel about the game and its a shame because it feels like there is a really good game in there but just to many problems. Seems to be a trend in AAA gaming recently I am noticing.

Not really sure why this needed its own thread. I haven't played Andromeda yet but from what I have seen and heard the animations are not THAT bad.

There is a pinned thread at the top of the sub forum with a discussiom on going about the subject in case you missed it.
The only thing that concerns me graphically is how dead/soul-less looking the NPC and player character eyes are.

It just feels weird.

Yea I could see people not wanting to buy it if that kept happening. I just saw another video of two guys sitting on eachother during the intro of the game. None of this stuff was happening to me at all. It's funny cause stuff like this always happens. I hear a bunch of people say how "XX" game is so buggy and all this stuff happens and then when I play the game it runs fine. Happens a lot of Fallout and Elder Scroll games. People always talk about all these bugs and then I play it and nothing. Well until FO4. My game wouldn't let me continue a mission that was part of the story so that kind of killed my save game.
I usually experience the same both with games and hardware. User reviews mentioning things like dead pixels, gpu's having coil whine, always worry me when I'm trying to buy something.

People were also up in arms about Dishonored 2 running atrociously on pc's, but I really had no problems, everything ran smoothly and I don't think I encountered a single bug in my whole 40 hour run. I understand them being pissed off if they did experience all those issues though.

The only thing that concerns me graphically is how dead/soul-less looking the NPC and player character eyes are.

It just feels weird.

Is it worse than the trilogy? I haven't got a chance to play yet, only seen the promotional material but what I saw didn't look like a downgrade.

If it's worse than the other games that's an issue. If it's not, that's just Bioware sucking at facial animations.

Is it worse than the trilogy? I haven't got a chance to play yet, only seen the promotional material but what I saw didn't look like a downgrade.

If it's worse than the other games that's an issue. If it's not, that's just Bioware sucking at facial animations.
Just watching reviews and some early game gameplay and the eyes have like no life in them. I always felt like the original three games people didn't seem to blink enough but their eyes still looked alive. In this game it feels like mannequins.

That feeling may change though when I start playing admittedly.

I usually experience the same both with games and hardware. User reviews mentioning things like dead pixels, gpu's having coil whine, always worry me when I'm trying to buy something.

People were also up in arms about Dishonored 2 running atrociously on pc's, but I really had no problems, everything ran smoothly and I don't think I encountered a single bug in my whole 40 hour run. I understand them being pissed off if they did experience all those issues though.

Yep I'm the same way I just never have issues. Dishonored 2 was the exact same for me. Had poor reviews cause of hardware issues I play the game and absolutely nothing.

Absolutely true. No type of bad behaviour, or discrimination, is limited by a persons gender or ethnicity. Being a piece of shit knows no bounds, and there are plenty of people from all walks of life who act like assholes.

I say "not enough" because of my experience dealing with young women that come into our industry. I want more of them involved. I know that we suffer from a bias that hires people just like those that already work here. I want the organization I work for to have the best talent, and we're missing out on talent drawing from a smaller pool of people. Your assessment is correct in that not everyone wants to do certain types of work. My sister is a Nurse. I wouldn't wipe old men's asses on a cardiac unit for double what they pay her. She wouldn't fly to a remote location, live in a shitty hotel, and build a complex process plant. We're all different. I just know that there are more talented technical women out there than we employ. I want their contribution. .

I can't agree that everyone in our society has an equal opportunity. I think that sounds nice, it's a pat on the back to our culture, but it's not true. A first nations kid born on a reserve in Canada, that doesn't have fresh water, has shit schools, a gang violence problem, fentanyl overdoses every other day, lives on an income below the poverty line, and has a documented history/current swath of racist attitudes towards him will not have the same opportunities as I do. I was born healthy, and safe, to a family of well educated, financially secure people. I had good food, lots of parental time, went to amazing schools, always had money, etc. It's just not the same. We don't live in some perfectly balanced meritocracy.
What do you mean by "amazing schools"?

Amazing is a very strong word, I've never seen a school and thought to myself "wow. That's amazing"

The people who go around calling everyone SJWs, feminazis, betas, cucks, etc are pussies who thankfully would never dream of following through with the shit they say online. I thought that was obvious. They are miserable, angry losers who get their only joy out of saying obnoxious things from behind the safety of their keyboard and getting ANY sort of reaction or attention, since they are so insignificant in their offline lives.

Those of legal age likely voted for Trump as well because he gives them hope that a twitter troll can accomplish something.
Sjw confirmed.

What do you mean by "amazing schools"?

Amazing is a very strong word, I've never seen a school and thought to myself "wow. That's amazing"

Small class sizes, qualified and engaged teaching staff, an abundance of extra curricular activities, up to date technology, well maintained facilities, high academic standards. Perhaps the word is strong, but compared to what I see regularly today (my fiance is a teacher) at schools, my education seems comparatively amazing.

The class sizes and facilities alone are enough to make me reach towards the work amazing. Having 35 children in one class is nearly impossible to manage. Having to use trailers dropped on the school soccer field as additional classrooms doesn't offer the same kind of quality learning environment I was offered.

Small class sizes, qualified and engaged teaching staff, an abundance of extra curricular activities, up to date technology, well maintained facilities, high academic standards. Perhaps the word is strong, but compared to what I see regularly today (my fiance is a teacher) at schools, my education seems comparatively amazing.

The class sizes and facilities alone are enough to make me reach towards the work amazing. Having 35 children in one class is nearly impossible to manage. Having to use trailers dropped on the school soccer field as additional classrooms doesn't offer the same kind of quality learning environment I was offered.
Mh physics class had 4 people in it.

It wasn't amazing, it sucked.

You judge a meritocracy based on how equally citizens are treated at law, not by their accomplishments. The Employment Equity Act prohitibits the kind of discriminatory business practices that you listed so the legal framework is already in place to discourage and mitigate those injustices.

And you believe we are all equally treated under our current laws? We apply the law evenly enough that we all either succeed to fail on our merit alone?

I'm sorry you work with idiots but it's fallacious to attribute the favouritism they enjoy by virtue of their shareholdings to society at large. That level of wealth and privilege is not something enjoyed by the majority of Canadians so it makes no sense to use them as a benchmark.

Even if we take the shareholders out of it, the nepotism I identified is still extremely common. I'm just pointing out that people are selected for work, roles, rewards, etc. on many criteria other than the idea that they're the best at their job.

Of course first nations are part of Canada. I never suggested otherwise. However when you want the right to self govern, you also have to accept the responsibility for providing basic necessities. You cannot have it both ways. The Ministry of Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development determines how much each First Nation receives in funding, not the Canadian government. Further, while there are "contribution agreements" that stipulate which services are to be provided, there are no provisions dealing with service standards or results. Therefore the Canadian government has no direct say in the quality of basic necessities that are provided. I'm not sure what you expect the Canadian government to do, unless you want First Nations to cede some of their autonomy.

This is sort of a separate and complicated discussion. You raise good points about autonomy and accountability. I don't know what I want the Government to do, if anything. If I had an answer to the issues facing First Nations people in Canada, I'd probably be trying to execute it instead of installing pipes and steel.

BioWare had a lot of core employees quit mid development which attributed to the clusterfuck of a game we have now. People like Casey Hudson which ME was his brainchild, Technical Development Director Chris Wynn, Lead Writers Drew Karpyshyn, Cameron Harris and David Gaider.
They spent 5 years making it. with a staff of over 400 people rough math tells me they spent about 150million developing it. And now with the shit review scores it got I think its a safe bet that this will be the last Mass Effect game.

The typical Bioware employee

CpH3WtHWEAAABDS-1.jpg
Why do you say "typical"?

Why do you say "typical"?

cesspool of SJW. from other sources revealed that they have diversity managers that interfere with the everyones work there, coders writers making sure everything is PC. and they even forced developers to add in a commander shephard gay subplot at their behest last minute.

oh and i almost forgot this girl here is one of Bioware's writers...

http://rebrn.com/re/virtual-rape-in-gta-v-woman-is-now-a-writer-for-bioware-this-is-2630476/

09e75544f032ec5e336511075cc7b0b933103b2cbed223e99f2476e0ecdfe6b2_1.jpg

they also made every woman in the game ugly, i wonder why...

mass-effect-andromeda-jayde-rossi.jpg

Last edited:
Back