Bioware hired an amateur to do the facial Animations

Holy shit.. First time I'm hearing about this. Glad that I didn't pre-order.

I'm replaying the Witcher 3 right now so I would be pissed jumping from that to Andromeda

The bandwagon hate of a game that's not out yet is hilarious, and yes the animations look bad.

Thankfully that's pretty low down on the list of things i care about in games personally.

Lots of people here have played it though

Oh and that racist guy has left bioware to start his own thing...

Sadly, people on twitter are calling for him to be fired, by Bioware.

Hopefully whoever he's employed by currently will see him as a liability, and fire him.

The bandwagon hate of a game that's not out yet is hilarious, and yes the animations look bad.

Thankfully that's pretty low down on the list of things i care about in games personally.
Pretty high on the list for me when it's a RPG game lol...

Who said we are all equal? Not me, certainly. I have never abused that. We are all born equal. That's it. That's the sentiment of the Constitution. It doesn't say shit about equality after that. Our forefathers weren't SJW hippie fucktards. Don't make me laugh.

I said we should treat employees equally: with an even hand, and specifically in the context of race. As far as I can tell you're agreeing with me that this guy should be canned for what he said; the same as a white person if they had written proportional rhetoric. Whites have been getting fired immediately for social media comments like that in Silicon Valley for the past decade, and libtards gleefully played the, "Free speech doesn't protect you from consequences" card until suddenly that argument started to bite back. Hi, there, Colin Kaepernick. Hi NFL.

Your language when discussing issues like this has changed over time. It`s become much more polarized and angry. I usually find your posting pretty reasonable and informed. I'm surprised to see you using phrases like "SJW hippie fucktards" and "libtards".

I'm not even sure employees all need to be treated equally. There are just too many variables involved in situations as complex as racism, sexism, nationalism, and a lot of other -isms were all dealing with right now. I would definitely discipline my staff differently based on their age, experience, and what their attitude was towards their error.

You are correct that we both think Manveer should have been fired. I'm more just pointing out that the, less vigorous, discipline white people have received in silicon valley by your account gets flipped around in other industries.

What percentage of women apply for jobs at your company?

Not enough. Quick googling shows that women make up less than 15% of construction industry jobs in Canada and about 5% of trades. The ones we do have are often, just like in other industries, in clerical and administrative roles. Accounting, travel/flight management, a few in safety. Among the limited number that are involved in the straight technical work like I am, attitudes are...regressive to put it politely. If my superiors and the craft guys treated me the way they do women, or spoke about me the way they do about First Nations people, I would probably quit in short order.

That Manveer dude is certainly entitled to his opinion but it's a strange one considering white people are likely his largest consumer demographic. I hope he's better at animation than marketing.

giphy.gif

sKyJ8x0.gif

They should have let the story go as to some random NOOB doing the animations. It looks worse that actual professionals spat out that shit.

The typical Bioware employee

CpH3WtHWEAAABDS-1.jpg

Wow. If i was any HIGH up at Bioware I would have told this turd to delete his twitter or find a new job. What a disgusting person.

Not enough. Quick googling shows that women make up less than 15% of construction industry jobs in Canada and about 5% of trades. The ones we do have are often, just like in other industries, in clerical and administrative roles. Accounting, travel/flight management, a few in safety. Among the limited number that are involved in the straight technical work like I am, attitudes are...regressive to put it politely. If my superiors and the craft guys treated me the way they do women, or spoke about me the way they do about First Nations people, I would probably quit in short order.

You've started a great discussion. However, you should hear how women speak about men, or minorities speak about whites, there's sexism/racism coming from all genders/races. I've worked under women and I've been a superior to them as well. Your boss might be a douche, but he's not an isolated case, nor is his attitude limited by his gender. I've worked under some nasty sexist women and men in my day. The biggest offense happening all around us is victim-hood and those who cater to them.

And why do you say "not enough" women apply to your line of work? Maybe they don't like those types of occupations. Women are treated like children, having every means of support programs at their disposal. If anything they're shamed for wanting something against the women should do anything men do narrative

I said this in another thread, but I have a good buddy who's a therapist. His most recent client is a successful female lawyer. She's been struggling with coming to terms with something. It took weeks for him to get it out of her. She was in tears when she finally admitted that she wants to be a house wife yet she feels ashamed by it.

In our society, at least in NA, everyone has equal opportunity now. That's all we can ask for. There will always be bosses and owners who are racist and prefer hiring on skin colour (there are laws to help mitigate that), but a company forcing diversity to virtue signal will never end well and Bioware Mtl is a fine example.

It's swung so far in the wrong direction that an active racist, towards whites of course, was allowed to spew his hatred publicly while working there. Sure they say he's no longer employed, but if he was a white guy speaking of minorities, he'd have been lynched long ago and rightfully so.

Having worked as an animator in the vid game industry for 15 years now and going, I can assure you that those animations were done automatically through some sort of code algorithm.

My guess is they either ran out of time or budget or both And this automated shit was the only way to get all the animations done in time.
Oh and that racist guy has left bioware to start his own thing...
/thread.

Your language when discussing issues like this has changed over time. It`s become much more polarized and angry. I usually find your posting pretty reasonable and informed. I'm surprised to see you using phrases like "SJW hippie fucktards" and "libtards".
Of course it has. Trump effect. Before I am a anything else...I am a reactionary. My rhetoric scales to the escalation of its proportion and weight within the larger political sphere. SJW's have built their identity around me as an "other", a white male, and not any "other", but an "other" who everyone else is free to blame, criticize, and show contempt, but who cannot be allowed to say anything in his own defense or interests without being personally impugned for bad moral character. They have done this despite that their entire philosophy is predicated on this notion that the "other" is bad. Turns out that's not what they meant. They only mean that if you're a minority of some kind and your median worth isn't up to the white average. If you're white, male, and a legal citizen of the United States, no other statuses which quality you as a minority are recognized.

This all spun out from Trayvon Martin. That was the stone that set the ripple. Next thing I know it has reached a fever pitch: a Reefer Madness level of idiocy in my own time, and major corporations like Disney were leading the way! Trump trolled all these people into showing me their true face, and it was pretty scary, dude. They fucking hate me, and what's worse, they feel that they are entitled to their hatred; that it is righteous. I really can afford no better term than this for SJW's: fucktard.

That's what you have to be to embrace that mindset. I don't think I saw a single position assumed that wasn't self-contradictory or later reneged on. Consummate hypocrisy. That's how you get dipshits like Colin Kaepernick as political leaders when he didn't appear to even know who Pol Pot was or how Fidel Castro treated gays when #BLM was started as a pro-LGBT movement by three gay black women.
I'm not even sure employees all need to be treated equally. There are just too many variables involved in situations as complex as racism, sexism, nationalism, and a lot of other -isms were all dealing with right now. I would definitely discipline my staff differently based on their age, experience, and what their attitude was towards their error.
And therein you just laid the foundation allowing for "second employee" status at work: such as the women endure where you are. This is how the real world works, and we all know it, because it's rational, but we all agree that it isn't necessarily how it should work. That's why we strive to treat everyone equally even if they aren't of equal value or character. Idealism and reality must converge.

You work in a male-dominated industry. Go work in a female-dominated one for a while. Majorities always rule. That's life.
You are correct that we both think Manveer should have been fired. I'm more just pointing out that the, less vigorous, discipline white people have received in silicon valley by your account gets flipped around in other industries.

Just to be perfectly clear, I don't really think he should be fired for that.

I just think it's outrageous that non-whites aren't being fired for proportional rhetoric. Either it's both, it's neither, or it's racism. Simple as that.

I played via EA Access and I couldn't believe the facial expressions. I laughed through a lot of them. This game just feels very low budget. The characters look like they're made out of plastic, the running is awkward, the faces. I don't know how it could be released in that state.

I'm thankful for EA Access, because now I won't be wasting my money on this game.

I played via EA Access and I couldn't believe the facial expressions. I laughed through a lot of them. This game just feels very low budget. The characters look like they're made out of plastic, the running is awkward, the faces. I don't know how it could be released in that state.

I'm thankful for EA Access, because now I won't be wasting my money on this game.

I just don't see it. I also played during the origin access and the game was great. Nothing felt low budget about it to me. The changes to combat and the skills system was great. There were very few places where the animations looked bad and it was mostly in the beginning of the game and some conversations in the middle. The the rest was fine.

It's weird cause I'm having a hard time thinking of any game on this level that can pull off the sort of things people are looking for. That isn't just a video. Skyrim,FO4, all these games had bad animations and just weird things happening in general it's normal.

so according to reviews the game sucks.

no wonder when they hired a bunch of amateur minorities. its funny also that they all quit right before launch. congrats ( new )bioware u managed to fuck up a beloved game franchise. but guess what i bet the workforce was very mixed during those 5 years.

Back