Bioware hired an amateur to do the facial Animations

Unless you earn a low wage, and just don't have any money anyway, in which case complaints about life simply being expensive make sense, I don't get why people think games are expensive. The dollar per hour entertainment value is nearly unparalleled. Reading books or watching TV is about the only thing that offers a better ratio.

Every time I leave my house to do something, it is MASSIVELY more expensive than gaming. I'm going to the symphony today and it costs more for two people to watch two hours of music than it did for me to but Mass Effect at full price.

If you wait and buy games on sale, the assertion that they're expensive is simply nonsense.

Wow, wait to score one for the SJW's, you turds:
http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/18/14969390/mass-effect-andromeda-lead-animator-harassment

C7OdF4hWwAIaiBl.jpg

These types of gamers are worse than the radical SJWs on Twitter. Entitled, sexist assholes. They give the rest of us a bad name.

Well, the facial animations are terrible. So Bioware in general is going to get some backlash for that. They are dog shit.

In terms of this girl...if you bought her claim of title then it would be a logical conclusion to attribute some of the uncharacteristicly bad animations to her. Bioware says it's not her, so we don't know.

Either way those animations are BAD. The dialogue is god awful at times from what I've seen as well.

The animations are absolute shit and bioware is a sjw dumpster

Probably. The overall toxicity of that board is why they closed it. But, there are laughable theories going around that they closed it because they knew Andromeda would face a backlash. Riiiight. I'd say it had more to do with Bioware employees getting harassed online and receiving death threats.

It seems like EA gave them a lot of time to let this one cook after they realized the damage rushing Dragon Age 2 and ME3 did to those brands. At the end of the day, EA is a corporate entity, they gotta ship product and they have to make money. If a game is so unpolished or unfinished that it renders it unplayable, I skip it and don't think about it again. It'd be nice if people would do that instead of going on these misguided crusades. Vote with your time and wallet and all that.
I remember when Americans used to think this way, and it was enough.

I miss that.

The typical Bioware employee

CpH3WtHWEAAABDS-1.jpg

So this guy is obviously a douchebag.

Every company has losers though. Last shift I had to listen to a coworker explain that he was surprised his new dentist new what he was doing because he was "A Sikh guy in a fucking turban". I also this year got a "lesson" in how companies should be run by a senior employee who wanted to be allowed to "not hire pregnant women, or women who think they might want to get pregnant, because they're not really interested in working".

It doesn't mean everything we create sucks, and it doesn't mean everyone I work with sucks.

How do you enjoy anything if you politicize every subject at the level of individual people? If you spend time, you could make every company seem like a collection of people with shitty attitudes.

So this guy is obviously a douchebag.

Every company has losers though. Last shift I had to listen to a coworker explain that he was surprised his new dentist new what he was doing because he was "A Sikh guy in a fucking turban". I also this year got a "lesson" in how companies should be run by a senior employee who wanted to be allowed to "not hire pregnant women, or women who think they might want to get pregnant, because they're not really interested in working".

It doesn't mean everything we create sucks, and it doesn't mean everyone I work with sucks.

How do you enjoy anything if you politicize every subject at the level of individual people? If you spend time, you could make every company seem like a collection of people with shitty attitudes.
Agreed, this man is irrelevant, especially since this guy isn't identified as someone in charge of hiring, but this can't be written off.

There is a major difference here. No white employee would dare write proportional rhetoric to that from the white perspective. They'd be immediately fired. They know this. Nonwhites should face the same scrutiny for their political rhetoric on social media as white employees, and that's not happening in Silicon Valley.

I'm doing my best to slug it out on their behalf, particularly for the immigrants who they attract, which are the most desirable immigrants, but they neuter me when they are so brashly uneven with the authority of their hand. People see that, and they stop listening.

It empowers the people they hate the most.

Having worked as an animator in the vid game industry for 15 years now and going, I can assure you that those animations were done automatically through some sort of code algorithm.

My guess is they either ran out of time or budget or both And this automated shit was the only way to get all the animations done in time.

Oh and that racist guy has left bioware to start his own thing...

Agreed, this man is irrelevant, especially since this guy isn't identified as someone in charge of hiring, but this can't be written off.

There is a major difference here. No white employee would dare write proportional rhetoric to that from the white perspective. They'd be immediately fired. They know this. Nonwhites should face the same scrutiny for their political rhetoric on social media as white employees, and that's not happening in Silicon Valley.

I'm doing my best to slug it out on their behalf, particularly for the immigrants who they attract, which are the most desirable immigrants, but they neuter me when they are so brashly uneven with the authority of their hand. People see that, and they stop listening.

It empowers the people they hate the most.

I'm not entirely sure everyone should be treated completely equally for their actions. We love to pretend we live in some sort of world where just saying that everyone is equal makes it the truth, but it's simply not the case. This guy should have been turfed for that kind of commentary. I think he likes upsetting people, more than he has any real convictions, but it's still not excusable. Throughout history we have provided different levels of deference on issues based on people's background, experience, race, gender etc. There is context for everything. If everyone was on level footing, we could ask for a judicious
application of equality in all responses, but everyone isn't. It's also not a human way to react to anything, and above all else, people will act like people.

Depending on what industry you work in you'll see the same issue. The uneven application of social conduct rules occurs everywhere. I work in industrial construction. I am surrounded by flat our racist behavior, absurdly misogynist attitudes, aggressive and even violent actions, and absolutely no discipline comes of it. "That's the rough world of construction" or "that's what the boys sound like on the job site" are the types of dismissals I hear for behavior no one could reasonably say is acceptable.

It's not a silicon valley thing. It's a people thing.

I'm of the opinion that the backlash over the ME3 ending was completely justified, especially after Bioware fucked it up even worse by claiming the vast majority are satisfied with it.

But outrage over facjal animations? Seriously? Sometimes I wonder if hardcore gamers that LIVE to play videogames take this shit far too seriously.

more then just facial animations. its also animations in general plus it appear to be buggy.

as for sjw's they have been a plague to bioware

The bandwagon hate of a game that's not out yet is hilarious, and yes the animations look bad.

Thankfully that's pretty low down on the list of things i care about in games personally.

I'm not entirely sure everyone should be treated completely equally for their actions. We love to pretend we live in some sort of world where just saying that everyone is equal makes it the truth, but it's simply not the case. This guy should have been turfed for that kind of commentary. I think he likes upsetting people, more than he has any real convictions, but it's still not excusable. Throughout history we have provided different levels of deference on issues based on people's background, experience, race, gender etc. There is context for everything. If everyone was on level footing, we could ask for a judicious
application of equality in all responses, but everyone isn't. It's also not a human way to react to anything, and above all else, people will act like people.
Who said we are all equal? Not me, certainly. I have never abused that. We are all born equal. That's it. That's the sentiment of the Constitution. It doesn't say shit about equality after that. Our forefathers weren't SJW hippie fucktards. Don't make me laugh.

I said we should treat employees equally: with an even hand, and specifically in the context of race. As far as I can tell you're agreeing with me that this guy should be canned for what he said; the same as a white person if they had written proportional rhetoric. Whites have been getting fired immediately for social media comments like that in Silicon Valley for the past decade, and libtards gleefully played the, "Free speech doesn't protect you from consequences" card until suddenly that argument started to bite back. Hi, there, Colin Kaepernick. Hi NFL.

Hi Trump. Yeah, that's your fault, Manveer. Your moral authority entitlement complex trumped white privilege
Depending on what industry you work in you'll see the same issue. The uneven application of social conduct rules occurs everywhere. I work in industrial construction. I am surrounded by flat our racist behavior, absurdly misogynist attitudes, aggressive and even violent actions, and absolutely no discipline comes of it. "That's the rough world of construction" or "that's what the boys sound like on the job site" are the types of dismissals I hear for behavior no one could reasonably say is acceptable.

It's not a silicon valley thing. It's a people thing
What percentage of women apply for jobs at your company?

Wow that Heir is a fucking douche, love how sjw fuckheads have made it okay and socially acceptable to be racist towards white people in 2017, and specifically white men. Smh

It's not a silicon valley thing. It's a people thing.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. I'd point out that if this Manveer fella mixed cement for a living, and was saying this shit to his fellow Asian builders, there wouldn't be much support for getting him fired.

Do we need to add the racism of low expectations, to the classism of low expectations?

as for sjw's they have been a plague to bioware

I've seen a few videos saying Andromeda is going to be very SJW-friendly.

It wouldn't be surprising, based on the available romances in ME3 and DA:I.

I was thinking of picking up ME:A at the end of the year if it was on sale for $20 or $30. But if this SJW bullshit proves to be true, I'll probably delay it until the GOTY edition is $10, years from now.

I've seen a few videos saying Andromeda is going to be very SJW-friendly.

It wouldn't be surprising, based on the available romances in ME3 and DA:I.

I was thinking of picking up ME:A at the end of the year if it was on sale for $20 or $30. But if this SJW bullshit proves to be true, I'll probably delay it until the GOTY edition is $10, years from now.

im thinking the same thing. though i might go on a 2ndary site or something

Back