Bioware hired an amateur to do the facial Animations

The game is actually pretty fun to play, the combat is fast paced and the skill system is the deepest of the series by far. The crafting is decent with nice armors and lots of weapons to try. But technically the game is a mess with obvious issues that should have not made it to release with the 5 years of development. The constant texture pop in during conversations, glaring lip syncing thats a complete mess, and all around issues with NPCs should not be in a game like this and there is no excuse for it. If they had held off and fixed as much as possible the game wouldn't be getting half the shit it has.

How are Cora and Peeby ugly? They are quire hot, especially Peeby's personality.

The criticism is overblown for this game. It's really good.

How are Cora and Peeby ugly? They are quire hot, especially Peeby's personality.

The criticism is overblown for this game. It's really good.
The game is good and I enjoyed 30h of it already. if I could make my wife and job screw off for a week and play - I would.
Criticism is overblown a bit, yes, but it stands on solid evidence.

Peebee looks like a slimmer hotter blue Amy Schumer. Also, her stripe of a makeup is very unflattering to her looks. I wouldn't call her ugly, but after Liara and Aria she is meh at best. And yes, she looks worse thanks to horrible animations (google Pebee Shrek for proof).

Female Ryder is not ugly, but is vastly inferior to a girl whose face they scanned and her animations are the worst - she looks mildly retarded at best and her mouth moves good 3 inches up and dowh her face. With proper animations she'd be the best looking girl on board imo.

Cora is a boise 7 - her jaw is twice as wide as male Ryder's, and she suffers from a severe case of ME:A puffy cheeks syndrome, but her ass is on point. Animations don't damage her looks so much.

Science red head girl looks nice and likeable, but animations spoil her looks a lot - her lips move so weird.

All asari in game except Pebee look the fucking same, including the Natalie Dormer one, Lexi or what-s-her-face - they all have the same face shape and puffy cheeks.

Most turian faces in the game look bad - they seem over - lightened and flat, also animations don't fit their lips. Female turians look a tad better than males.

Krogans and salarians look good - great scaly textures, best facial animations.

What also disappointed me a lot was the romance writing. Some dialogues with Pebee are so damn cringey! And the dialogues with Liam... Damn, we having a nice bro chittychat and then an option pops up captioned "I am interested in you". Is this suposed to show gays are so bland and just go for a quickie in an escape pod instead of getting just a bit involved with each other for starters? And if you're not planning on hitting on a character having such an option in dialogue is very disencouraging.

TL DR version: game is really good but unpolished. Could have been great with more testing and polishing the details (and a competent animation team, yes)

It's actually hysterical seeing people trying to defend this, then accusing other people of 'bad politics'.

If your politics prevent you from seeing how awful this game looks, it's you that needs to stop with the political hackery.

It's not like they were trying to make a different looking game, they just failed at basic shit.

I'm not a guy who only cares about graphics at all, but if they were trying to make a game that looked different, that's one thing. What they did was try to make a game that looked good and failed.

The game does look good. Its the faces that look terrible. That part of the problem. Some people arent saying "The faces look like crap" (which is true), they say "The game looks terrible" (which it doesn't). Walking around the enviornments and structures in full gear with a helmet on looks great.

51F3CBC26A59CF0ED405AE67018EC35F2800B1BC

24C4B5E8A15E19C3D94EABC46056930FE6B616C1

F9AD4A96A3D8B4356C18A71AF43CF8903F7E4EE7

7A82E769CA1868F731BF4CA955AF20BA156FF953

B45960C1ED67CA5B393DC55D9472AE4873B23220

C51D7B432D072C6627625D13DF5DEC7693DDB2DD

Somewhat ironically, I would love it if this game had the same problem with the original ME where the helmet was always on.

Somewhat ironically, I would love it if this game had the same problem with the original ME where the helmet was always on.

iirc if you go into game settings you can change dat helmet setting so it's on all the time

I guess I lucked out with my Ryder selection because she doesn't look retarded at all when she talks. Environments are pretty stunning. Been snapping pics all through my playthrough

MassEffectAndromeda%202017-03-26%2016-43-58-18.jpg

Only thing that's rustled me is the lack of alien faces. All the Asari (Besides Peebee) look exactly the same for example. There are even two Asari romance options that look exactly the same

The game does look good. Its the faces that look terrible. That part of the problem. Some people arent saying "The faces look like crap" (which is true), they say "The game looks terrible" (which it doesn't). Walking around the enviornments and structures in full gear with a helmet on looks great.

51F3CBC26A59CF0ED405AE67018EC35F2800B1BC

24C4B5E8A15E19C3D94EABC46056930FE6B616C1

F9AD4A96A3D8B4356C18A71AF43CF8903F7E4EE7

7A82E769CA1868F731BF4CA955AF20BA156FF953

B45960C1ED67CA5B393DC55D9472AE4873B23220

C51D7B432D072C6627625D13DF5DEC7693DDB2DD

The game looks amazing one second then looks like a meth addicted truck stop hooker the next

The game looks amazing one second then looks like a meth addicted truck stop hooker the next

u know if there's enuff beers involved even truck stop hookers will look like 8s...

an update from my buddy - the game is growing on him. he still thinks its buggy as hell but the action is spot on.

the game does look great and I am interested in playing it. but I think i'll play ME 1-3 first. I am actually thinking about watching ME1 on youtube and then playing ME 2 and 3. all in due time.

u know if there's enuff beers involved even truck stop hookers will look like 8s...

an update from my buddy - the game is growing on him. he still thinks its buggy as hell but the action is spot on.

the game does look great and I am interested in playing it. but I think i'll play ME 1-3 first. I am actually thinking about watching ME1 on youtube and then playing ME 2 and 3. all in due time.

Last time I played through them ME1 felt a bit aged but 2 and 3 were good still but this game doesnt have anything to do with those.

iirc if you go into game settings you can change dat helmet setting so it's on all the time

I guess I lucked out with my Ryder selection because she doesn't look retarded at all when she talks. Environments are pretty stunning. Been snapping pics all through my playthrough

MassEffectAndromeda%202017-03-26%2016-43-58-18.jpg

Only thing that's rustled me is the lack of alien faces. All the Asari (Besides Peebee) look exactly the same for example. There are even two Asari romance options that look exactly the same
How do you take screenshots in origin?

Play them, especially 1, the mystery is really intriguing and fun to uncover

You blind or something? She looks significantly better.
She looks awful
184281_hJUFSXwg7e_1872538.jpg

tumblr_ohl5rqfodC1qj73soo1_250.gif

giphy.gif

Compare the above atrocity to Femshep, who wasn't marketed or designed to be sexy, but at least looks like a normal woman I'd bang okay

femshep-620x.jpg

I think the experience is more enjoyable with ME1 & ME2 being played back to back, but if not you can just use the interactive comic that comes with ME2. Summarizes the first game in a few minutes, and let's you decide which decisions carry over

Let's be honest here. The fem character doesn't matter with regards to being attractive.

If you there are chicks playing the game chance are they are fucking ugly and appreciate the looks of a character they can compare with.

If you are a dude rolling a fem Ryder no one gives a fuck what your opinion is because you are weird as fuck and probably just as ugly.

How do you take screenshots in origin?

I'm using Fraps bro
Fraps is free, but the free version only saves in .bmp format. So use Irfanview or something to mass convert your shit into .jpg

Last edited:

I don't really agree. If the game were a sci-fi universe of headless people walking around it would be one of the best looking RPGs that isn't Witcher 3.

I don't really agree. If the game were a sci-fi universe of headless people walking around it would be one of the best looking RPGs that isn't Witcher 3.

I was agreeing with you the worlds when you are exploring are amazing but when you jump into a cut scene the low res texture look jarring until the full textures load it.

I was agreeing with you the worlds when you are exploring are amazing but when you jump into a cut scene the low res texture look jarring until the full textures load it.

Oh, yeah, Ive seen that happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back