Bioware hired an amateur to do the facial Animations

Calley

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So everybody by now knows about the shit storm regarding the facial animations of ME A.

watch this video if not:

Now the source has been found:

Its a celeb cosplayer whowas hired to do the facial animations. And she had never worked on a game before.
I guess going PC is more important than making an actual good game.

2017-03-18_18-19-15.png

pasted_image_at_2017_03_18_07_10_pm-1.png

C7O10p7X4AESsug.jpg

Worse part is that no patch to fix this is in the works.

LMAO.

They should just pay cdproject to make their ME games.

oh ya because Bioware said so makes it true..
Or it could be the only truly reliable source that exists...which it is.

IMDb doesn't have her listed as part of the lead development team. IA that shit. Show me a screenshot of that being different 2 days ago if you're gonna float an awful CT that is directly contradicted by the company itself. This isn't Kotaku, Polygon, or Huffington Post. No, they're just relaying the information. This is BioWare itself. That is your source, and it's a damn tough one to top concerning employment details of BioWare employees, I'd argue.

Or it could be the only truly reliable source that exists...which it is.

IMDb doesn't have her listed as part of the lead development team. IA that shit. Show me a screenshot of that being different 2 days ago if you're gonna float an awful CT that is directly contradicted by the company itself. This isn't Kotaku, Polygon, or Huffington Post. No, they're just relaying the information. This is BioWare itself. That is your source, and it's a damn tough one to top concerning employment details of BioWare employees, I'd argue.

except she actually worked as a facial animator for bioware and all her social media said so before she got attacked for her crappy work. even if she's not the person to blame SOMEONE IS.
The animations were done by somebody who didnt know what the fuck they were doing.

Not really sure why this needed its own thread. I haven't played Andromeda yet but from what I have seen and heard the animations are not THAT bad.

There is a pinned thread at the top of the sub forum with a discussiom on going about the subject in case you missed it.

except she actually worked as a facial animator for bioware and all her social media said so before she got attacked for her crappy work. even if she's not the person to blame SOMEONE IS.
The animations were done by somebody who didnt know what the fuck they were doing.

Nah, no one is to blame for something that doesn't impact your life in any way whatsoever. Shoddy work on a game is such a minuscule, insignificant thing to whine about. The personal attacks on an employee, either of EA or Bioware, because people are disappointed with her supposed work is disgusting. Look at this garbage.....

Internet cretins engaged in a harassment campaign against a woman who worked for Electronic Arts this weekend, flooding her social media and various internet profiles with vitriolic, often misogynistic messages. Her sin, it appears, was working on animations for the game Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Allie Rose-Marie Leost, who worked for EA’s motion-capture labs in Vancouver, saw vicious harassment on Twitter and other websites today, most often from people who blamed her for Andromeda’s awkward facial animations. The harassment appears to have been primarily triggered by a vile blog post at Ralph Retort, a right-wing, GamerGate-tied website, that claimed Leost was the lead facial animator on Andromeda. That website also accused her of performing sexual acts to get her job at EA.

oq49mmtlglekow9toylc.png

am20cbek7ioyvfq01ewo.png

i30yh5qnsi5h934fyngs.png

mavspzwskarljzngvv62.png

It's a fucking game. It's a hobby. It doesn't matter. These little turds need to grow up and really evaluate what they're doing with their lives. It's embarrassing and wholly unnecessary.

Nah, no one is to blame for something that doesn't impact your life in any way whatsoever. Shoddy work on a game is such a minuscule, insignificant thing to whine about. The personal attacks on an employee, either of EA or Bioware, because people are disappointed with her supposed work is disgusting. Look at this garbage.....

Internet cretins engaged in a harassment campaign against a woman who worked for Electronic Arts this weekend, flooding her social media and various internet profiles with vitriolic, often misogynistic messages. Her sin, it appears, was working on animations for the game Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Allie Rose-Marie Leost, who worked for EA’s motion-capture labs in Vancouver, saw vicious harassment on Twitter and other websites today, most often from people who blamed her for Andromeda’s awkward facial animations. The harassment appears to have been primarily triggered by a vile blog post at Ralph Retort, a right-wing, GamerGate-tied website, that claimed Leost was the lead facial animator on Andromeda. That website also accused her of performing sexual acts to get her job at EA.

oq49mmtlglekow9toylc.png

am20cbek7ioyvfq01ewo.png

i30yh5qnsi5h934fyngs.png

mavspzwskarljzngvv62.png

It's a fucking game. It's a hobby. It doesn't matter. These little turds need to grow up and really evaluate what they're doing with their lives. It's embarrassing and wholly unnecessary.

Dummies with keyboards man. Probably disgruntled former Bioware forum members butthurt they don't get to spambot up the boards with there trite anymore.

Bioware never said they were not going to try and fix the issue. Only that its not going to be fixed day one. Its a shitty trend that companies pump out unfinished or unpolished games. Don't blame the developers only though. A lot of this is on EA.

<{MindBrown}><{vega}>

Dummies with keyboards man. Probably disgruntled former Bioware forum members butthurt they don't get to spambot up the boards with there trite anymore.

Bioware never said they were not going to try and fix the issue. Only that its not going to be fixed day one. Its a shitty trend that companies pump out unfinished or unpolished games. Don't blame the developers only though. A lot of this is on EA.

<{MindBrown}><{vega}>

Probably. The overall toxicity of that board is why they closed it. But, there are laughable theories going around that they closed it because they knew Andromeda would face a backlash. Riiiight. I'd say it had more to do with Bioware employees getting harassed online and receiving death threats.

It seems like EA gave them a lot of time to let this one cook after they realized the damage rushing Dragon Age 2 and ME3 did to those brands. At the end of the day, EA is a corporate entity, they gotta ship product and they have to make money. If a game is so unpolished or unfinished that it renders it unplayable, I skip it and don't think about it again. It'd be nice if people would do that instead of going on these misguided crusades. Vote with your time and wallet and all that.

Lead facial animator could mean many things. She worked in the motion capture department meaning she could be a permanent employee supporting the actors and actresses brought in for motion capture.

Even if she was the Team lead for facial animation she would take directions from the overall lead animator and the art director and game director. She wouldn't be the one to make decisions on the final product. She may have some input but in the end it's the art director in charge of the game development that should have caught this. Hell all the upper management should have played this game and noticed all these minor issues.

Blaming one person for this is asinine. But if you have to blame someone it would be the art or game director.

This is also why the Last of Us was so awesome. Neil Druckmann was a fuckin' tyrant but everyone loved the fact that he and everyone around him were perfectionists.

I'm of the opinion that the backlash over the ME3 ending was completely justified, especially after Bioware fucked it up even worse by claiming the vast majority are satisfied with it.

But outrage over facjal animations? Seriously? Sometimes I wonder if hardcore gamers that LIVE to play videogames take this shit far too seriously.

I'm of the opinion that the backlash over the ME3 ending was completely justified, especially after Bioware fucked it up even worse by claiming the vast majority are satisfied with it.

But outrage over facjal animations? Seriously? Sometimes I wonder if hardcore gamers that LIVE to play videogames take this shit far too seriously.

When you are spending money on something you should be able to be critical about and for a game that is so big on charter interactions when the animations are obviously not done right it looks bad. Its not just the face though there is something wrong with whatever system they used. I dont understand why people get mad at other people for being critical yeah some people act like dicks about it but games aint cheap and these huge companies should be held accountable for unifished work.

Every time a Bioware game is released it cements my appreciation for why the original creators of the company chose to walk away from the industry. I've always wondered if it would be fun to work in gaming. It certainly seems more fun than building mines, power plants, and upgraders.

But then I see how mad everyone gets, despite a teams best efforts. I see how rude people are, the social media harassment, and all the entitlement and I think "fuck that".

When you are spending money on something you should be able to be critical about and for a game that is so big on charter interactions when the animations are obviously not done right it looks bad. Its not just the face though there is something wrong with whatever system they used. I dont understand why people get mad at other people for being critical yeah some people act like dicks about it but games aint cheap and these huge companies should be held accountable for unifished work.

Criticsm is 100% fair.

I'm talking about the death/rape threats.

My bad for not being clear in my first post.

its amazing how any SJW is still alive with the amount of death threats they seem to be getting on twitter..

oq49mmtlglekow9toylc.png

am20cbek7ioyvfq01ewo.png

i30yh5qnsi5h934fyngs.png

mavspzwskarljzngvv62.png

This would have greater impact if games didn't cost so fucking much

Back