Bioshock

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
so are resources supposed to be sparce in this game or did I fuck up somewhere? I'm at Sephaestus or whatever with almost nothing to kill anything with.

Great game so far, picked up Collections for $40.

so are resources supposed to be sparce in this game or did I fuck up somewhere? I'm at Sephaestus or whatever with almost nothing to kill anything with.

Yeah, that's what I recall disliking most about the game. Turning the difficulty up didn't mean the AI fought any differently. It didn't even change their accuracy/damage so much. It just deprived you of ammunition and plasmids.

It really bothers me when the hardest setting is such an ill-managed experience. To me, that setting is supposed to define the game played at its highest level; which is, essentially, what the game really is.

Yeah, that's what I recall disliking most about the game. Turning the difficulty up didn't mean the AI fought any differently. It didn't even change their accuracy/damage so much. It just deprived you of ammunition and plasmids.

It really bothers me when the hardest setting is such an ill-managed experience. To me, that setting is supposed to define the game played at its highest level; which is, essentially, what the game really is.
It's irritating trying to fight shit. How the fuck are you supposed to kill a big daddy with no bullets or grenade rounds?

On your first few play thru's I would recommend playing on the "Normal" setting. As Madmick stated the ammo economy isn't really the best. You can mitigate this by buying ammo and checking every single corpse in the game. Also hacking all the vending machines will reduce the costs of things. Have you seen any of the U-Invent vending machines yet? You can get some good ammo there.

I would also invest lots of upgrades into the Chemical Thrower. The Eletric-Gel is your best bet for Big Daddies as it basically freezes them in place, all the while electrocuting them. If you do the upgrades on the Chemical Thrower you can kill a Big Daddy with a single ammo pick up of electric gel.

My very first play through I was out of ammo for a lot of the game... kind of forced me to get good with the plasmids. Telekinesis is your friend when you're out of ammo.

Ammo is sparse. But you also need to load out correctly for the enemy. Shock ammo shotgun works really well against big daddies.

Just replayed all three thanks to the collection. Finished 1 on hard for probably the 5th time love the series. Didn't have any issues with ammo. But an upside is there's a bunch of cash and you can easily buy ammo. That's where most of my ammo came from.

Yeah I gotta kill the big daddies even if there's no sister, they drop a lot of cash

Yeah I gotta kill the big daddies even if there's no sister, they drop a lot of cash

Are you checking absolutely everything? I remember not having ammo issues but i fucking scavenge everything

Back