Billy Dib vs Tevin Farmer Official

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Billy Dib adviser Sean Gibbons and Lou DiBella, Tevin Farmer’s promoter, have reached an agreement for their vacant junior lightweight world title fight and the IBF on Monday canceled the purse bid scheduled for Tuesday. According to the letter sent announcing the cancelation of the purse bid the fight is scheduled to take place on Aug. 4 in Sydney, Australia, Dib’s home country, but DiBella told ESPN the fight, which will take place at the Luna Park amusement park, could also be on July 28. The camps have 15 days to get the contracts signed and sent to the IBF. Dib (43-4, 24 KOs), 32, a former featherweight world titlist, and Farmer (25-5-1, 5 KOs), a 27-year-old southpaw from Philadelphia, will meet for the 130-pound belt left vacant when Japan’s Kenichi Ogawa, who controversially outpointed Farmer for the vacant title in December, was stripped last month for a failed drug test related to the bout.

i

Dan Rafael, ESPN Senior Writer23h ago

Tevin Farmer needing to go to Australia to fight Billy Dib.

He's going to be the B side for the rest of his life

This is on 7pm on normal fox sports Sydney time this Friday. ( so horrible time for usa and UK fight fans). Undercard is worth a look as has tim tsyzu and Jeff fenech's teenager protege brock jarvis fighting. Both undefeated with around a dozen fights now. Farmer seems easy money at 2.20 for a dec. Imo

This is on 7pm on normal fox sports Sydney time this Friday. ( so horrible time for usa and UK fight fans). Undercard is worth a look as has tim tsyzu and Jeff fenech's teenager protege brock jarvis fighting. Both undefeated with around a dozen fights now. Farmer seems easy money at 2.20 for a dec. Imo

Great to have a good boxing card here on a Friday night for the first time in what seems like a long time, fuck the footy ha ha

Farmer will beat him handily I expect.
Dib isn't really anything to worry about

What about our home cooking?

What about our home cooking?
Would have to be some next level cooking to make it close imo. I mean, I thought pac won v horn but you could at least make a case for horn. I'll be surprised if dib wins 3 rounds.

Would have to be some next level cooking to make it close imo. I mean, I thought pac won v horn but you could at least make a case for horn. I'll be surprised if dib wins 3 rounds.
I think youre right. If my memory is correct im sure it was a Dib fight in NSW against a Japanese fighter where he slipped/his leg got caught between the rope and outside the ring and Dib smoked him and it got called a legit k.o

Didn't learn much about brock Jarvis from that. He reminds me a bit of Ryan Garcia however.

How are these fucking mismatches? Seems to happen often on Aussie cards unfortunately, shame.

That last shot was nearly fully blocked on the gloves.. fancy coming into ring with loop ear rings in haha.

Jarvis just ran that guy over. Was it a last minute fill or something?

Edit: WTF was up with that comain event? How fucking embarassing is that? Terrible fight.

Something isn't as well for Farmer as it could. If it keeps up I say managed poorly. I don't know enough about him right now. I think he lets some rounds be too close to call. Ring generalship has to get better. Again, I haven't followed him as closely as others (who has the time to?)

Something isn't as well for Farmer as it could. If it keeps up I say managed poorly. I don't know enough about him right now. I think he lets some rounds be too close to call. Ring generalship has to get better. Again, I haven't followed him as closely as others (who has the time to?)
Him and Gervonta Davis have been having a back and forth for awhile and have a little rivalry.
I think they are trying to line that up

Farmer just does not do it for me man. He may be hard to hit clean but he does little to separate himself from his opponent otherwise.

His offense is just beyond shit

Farmer just does not do it for me man. He may be hard to hit clean but he does little to separate himself from his opponent otherwise.

yeah but this is a guy that went on a run from being 7-4-1 to now being IBF world champion at 26-4-1. pretty much is overachieving with everything he does.

yeah but this is a guy that went on a run from being 7-4-1 to now being IBF world champion at 26-4-1. pretty much is overachieving with everything he does.

I'm a Farmer fan, but I agree, he's like a Sweet Pea with even less pop. When Pea wanted to sit down, he could hurt a guy. But Farmer will have to let it go to the judges hands everytime, and you know how that goes for fighters with that style.

I'm a Farmer fan, but I agree, he's like a Sweet Pea with even less pop. When Pea wanted to sit down, he could hurt a guy. But Farmer will have to let it go to the judges hands everytime, and you know how that goes for fighters with that style.
Farmers slick, and if Gervonta doesn't come correct, Tevin could beat him.
Farmer-Davis will be a great fight

Back