Billionaire wealth up by 13% annually since 2010; six times faster than ordinary worker wages.

The billionaires club is a lizard emporium of the feckless doom

But you are an idiot. You only want to complain.
No, I gave you the math problem with your argument. And I'm not complaining, you just made a terrible argument.

It seems like you're limited to personal attacks and not a real defense of what you said, so feel free to continue eating Tide pods, but maybe you should stay out of discussions like this.

I think a MAJOR reason libertarian thought is gaining popularity is because young people spend more and more of their waking hours in virtual environments.

Libertatianism works great... as long as you aren't worried about the real world where we have to share things like air and water.
You may be right, but personally I can't tell if there are more libertarians or just that they're attracted to online forums and social media so they seem more relevant than they are. I could be wrong, but I don't think there is an uptick voting wise, but they could be voting for extreme right wingers.

Either way, there's no doubt that their extreme views are disasters in reality.

You may be right, but personally I can't tell if there are more libertarians or just that they're attracted to online forums and social media so they seem more relevant than they are. I could be wrong, but I don't think there is an uptick voting wise, but they could be voting for extreme right wingers.

Either way, there's no doubt that their extreme views are disasters in reality.
I think extreme right wing views, particularly libertarianism, are gaining popularity with the high school/ college age geek crowd. Basically, it's Dungeons and Dragons for politics. I shudder at the ramifications.

Every year, or every year since 2010? Why not 1999?

Someone already pointed out that the Dow Jones grew at a higher number. So, billionaires are under performing the market by that metric.

The DOW isn't growing 13% annually dude. It averages more like half that.

So take your ass off the internet and go do something worth a million dollars. Then act wisely with your money for a generation or two, and maybe you’ll finally be one of the billionaires your so jealous of.
*you're

If you consider daily compound interest and 700 extra invested every year, it will take 20 years for these 700 to become 76,523. But 50 years for it to become 4 million.
And after saving and investing for years she decided to use some of her equity to buy a house in 2006 ....

Your problem is you're thinking in Black and White terms. You think that just because people point out the system is rigged that equals jealousy.

Maybe it's not as simple as you think. Maybe I'm actually living quite comfortably but I also recognize that people less fortunate than me get exploited. Maybe I'm just as smart as many billionaires but certain circumstances (like health, luck, etc.) prevent people like me from becoming billionaires.

Open your mind a little bit and you'll understand the world isn't that simple. If it were we would all be billionaires.

No, the problem is you’re talking about a fantasy system that will never be achieved, not to mention work.

This thread is about the rate of wage growth vs the rate of wealth growth of billionaires since 2010. I simply demonstrated that anyone can invest money and achieve the same rate of return as the billionaires. Do you have $100? You can invest it.

Beat it with ya straw man rubbish.

If you invest $100 a year for 10 years, and the stock market has 14% growth per year... by the end of the 10 years you will have roughly around $2500. Less if you factor in inflation and taxes . Do you think that's a significant enough amount to change someones life after a decade?

Obviously if you have more money to invest its a completely different story, and that's the point.

The only regret about investing I have is that I did not start earlier.

<Dany07>

It says annually. Billionaires are getting those kinds of returns each year.
Lol you troll. Did you read my post?

Ppl like you aren't poor because billionaires are evil and the system is stacked against you, you're poor because you're retarded and actually can't read.

No, I gave you the math problem with your argument. And I'm not complaining, you just made a terrible argument.

It seems like you're limited to personal attacks and not a real defense of what you said, so feel free to continue eating Tide pods, but maybe you should stay out of discussions like this.
You failed to understand my argument then proceeded to list your complaints about why its unfair that rich people are rich. This is bit how a debate works.

Lol you troll. Did you read my post?

Ppl like you aren't poor because billionaires are evil and the system is stacked against you, you're poor because you're retarded and actually can't read.

<TrumpWrong1>

If you invest $100 a year for 10 years, and the stock market has 14% growth per year... by the end of the 10 years you will have roughly around $2500. Less if you factor in inflation and taxes . Do you think that's a significant enough amount to change someones life after a decade?

Obviously if you have more money to invest its a completely different story, and that's the point.
No it's not going to change your life. But your wealth is growing at the same 14% as the rich peoples'. If you continue then somewhere along the line your grand kids or great grand kids will be the rich billionaires who inherited everything and never worked for it that all the poor losers love whinging about.

How do you think people become wealthy in the first place? Earlier in this thread someone even said "most of these people have been passing money down for generations".

Back