Billionaire Dennis Tito Plans To Flyby Mars In 2018?

NetGeek

Occupying Sherdog
Reaction score
593391main_pia14832-43_800-600_620x465_610x458.jpg

Billionaire Dennis Tito first private citizen in space in 2001 now has signed Paragon Space Development Corporation to develop a rocket to travel to Mars. The company has yet to show what they are developing. Dennis Tito known for taking risks plans on flying to Mars on this custom designed rocket in 502 days. NASA has never flew a manned mission to Mars and SpaceX does not plan on taking that trip till around 2030. So Paragon plans on doing in 5 years that no one has ever done in decades.

Last edited:
Would be cool to see, but I'm skeptical about his timeline

that is fucking awesome. At least someone is pushing are space development programs

I love to see him standing next to the pyramids on mars.

It would be cool if he made it. I think the article said it would take 501 days and the plan is to go in 2018? He is getting up there in age, so it will be close.

No way a dude that age makes it to Mars, he's basically spending years developing a space coffin. Hell of a way to go out though.

original.jpg

Update its apparently not a landing mission its a flyby mission. It is using SpaceX Falcon Heavy Rocket so it looks like SpaceX is part of this project. Elon Musk seems somewhat hush about this project. The Falcon is going to be the largest rocket in the history of the world nearly twice the storage "60 tons or so" of any other space rocket ever. Its going to be a customized version of the Dragon crew module. Dennis and other mega billionaires are part of this project but it now does not seem that Tito is going? There is a new type of engine that will power the rocket on the round trip in 501 days.

http://io9.com/5985923/dennis-tito-wants-to-send-humans-to-mars-and-back-by-2020-can-he-do-it

Last edited:
Lol he really is making himself looking like a fool!
If he was like 20 years younger, that could have been cool.
But at his age... I'm not gonna watch in order to celebrate his landing or flyby, but rather for some massive fuck up. It will be spaceship wreck.

Just so many could go wrong.
The fact that this spaceship is built by private could mean the ship itself could fuck up somehow.
The fact they won't have any one to come and help them out of any bad situation they put themselves in is asking for some embarrassing moment.
The fact that Daniel is gonna be nearly 80 when he take the trip. Space trip isn't easy on the body. Can't see how he could survive.

Imagine him dying on day 100. Do they still try to get the spaceship back or will they continue the routine or what?
I highly doubt a man nearly 80 who think he could make it would have a such plan.

Also if the ship stop work... Is anybody gonna try go and save his ass? (god I hope not! I don't want my tax money go toward this type of stupidity!)

I could go on and on all day. But basically I hope they don't expect anybody to come and bail them out if shit hit the fan. That sort of thing is far from cheap or risk free, so no reason anyone outside his company should take any part in this

original.jpg

Update its apparently not a landing mission its a flyby mission. It is using SpaceX Falcon Heavy Rocket so it looks like SpaceX is part of this project. Elon Musk seems somewhat hush about this project. The Falcon is going to be the largest rocket in the history of the world nearly twice the storage "60 tons or so" of any other space rocket ever. Its going to be a customized version of the Dragon crew module. Dennis and other mega billionaires are part of this project but it now does not seem that Tito is going? There is a new type of engine that will power the rocket on the round trip in 501 days.

http://io9.com/5985923/dennis-tito-wants-to-send-humans-to-mars-and-back-by-2020-can-he-do-it

ya think the billionaires could design a cooler ship, i mean personally i like the idea to make a ship look like a ship.

Beside that, are they gonna be using nuclear power or a nuclear pulse engine?

Sometimes I hate rich people but then guys like this come along and I can't stay mad

Back