Bill proposed: "The EPA shall terminate on Dec 31st, 2018"

I appreciate the time you took to write that but i still have a hard time believing the states NEED the feds. In other words the feds NEED to be in charge or our planet gets destroyed? I don't buy it

I appreciate the time you took to write that but i still have a hard time believing the states NEED the feds. In other words the feds NEED to be in charge or our planet gets destroyed? I don't buy it

It's been stated many times that pollution does not stop at a states borders which is why state level regulation only is retarded. Look at how much effort is being put into global cooperation on environmental regulation with such small results. I mean if we don't need national regulation why bother with global agreements? The reality is we need global standards, but poorer countries can't always afford them. We can at least fix that at a national level. Minimum national standards paid for by the nation.

I am the OSHA and environmental compliance manager for a large manufacturing company I work for, who happens to be a "Large Quantity Generator" of hazardous waste. I oversee our permits for air emissions , waste water discharge, and numerous required environmental reports such as Tier II and TRI that track chemical releases. I guarantee you I have much more experience with the EPA and state regulations than just about anyone here, if not everyone. The EPA and state regulators can sometimes make my life hell and be a major pain in the ass for myself and my company.

With that being said, anyone who agrees with the EPA being terminated is either an absolute moron or has no idea how important protecting our environment is. Without federal regulations, I guarantee you companies will revert to dumping massive amounts of wastes into our air, water, and soil. It would be only be a matter of time before we have disasters occurring like we have had in the past. Do people just give no shits about our future generations?

This is why I don't really give a shit about this story.

This isn't going to happen. It would be a disaster, and would just prove to the dumbest of the rubes, that the EPA exists for a reason.

I am the OSHA and environmental compliance manager for a large manufacturing company I work for, who happens to be a "Large Quantity Generator" of hazardous waste. I oversee our permits for air emissions , waste water discharge, and numerous required environmental reports such as Tier II and TRI that track chemical releases. I guarantee you I have much more experience with the EPA and state regulations than just about anyone here, if not everyone. The EPA and state regulators can sometimes make my life hell and be a major pain in the ass for myself and my company.

With that being said, anyone who agrees with the EPA being terminated is either an absolute moron or has no idea how important protecting our environment is. Without federal regulations, I guarantee you companies will revert to dumping massive amounts of wastes into our air, water, and soil. It would be only be a matter of time before we have disasters occurring like we have had in the past. Do people just give no shits about our future generations?

Exactly . . . people often hate the safety officer and being forced to follow OSHA guidelines, but they'd definitely miss them if they weren't around.

Back