Bill Maher a libertarian?

He may be against religion altogether. But that doesn't change the fact that he's a lot closer to republicans than democrats when it comes to his view of Islam.

Being against Islam is not a Right vs. Left issue it is a common sense issue. Either you are against the tyranny of Islam or you support it. Unfortunately, too many leftists support Islamic tyranny.

He is a liberal, just libertarian on foreign policy and drugs, etc.

I don't watch this unfunny scoundrel but I was flipping through and saw this puke claim he's a libertarian. For those that watch this mush mouthed, washed up chooch, would you call him a libertarian and why?

Ps... Being a pothead is not enough
You haven't said why he can't be a libertarian. Or at least say that he is. As if it matters.

How about he's just a guy that has a lot of different opinions based on his observations and experience.

Quit trying to label everyone.

hes a liberal with a brain and makes great points, however his judgement is seriously flawed because Trump sued him 20 years ago and now he just has a total raging hard on for the president.

He used to be a big L Libertarian and had more mainstream Libertarian views. He voted for Bob Dole in 1996. He's become more left-wing since then. I think he'd be better described as a liberal than a libertarian. It's possible that if/when the regressives completely take over the left that he will start identifying with libertarians and the right again.

hes a liberal with a brain and makes great points, however his judgement is seriously flawed because Trump sued him 20 years ago and now he just has a total raging hard on for the president.
Trump suing him was much more recent than that. It was during Trump's birther phase. Bill parodied Trump's stance by jokingly saying he would give Trump $5M if he proved his father was not an orangutan. Trump, being the humorless prick that he is, took Bill to court with proof he was not a human-orangutan hybrid and tried to sue him for the $5M.

He's certainly not the American, paranoid libertarian. I guess you could describe him as a moderate classical liberal (as opposed to the modern American pejorative sense) with a focus on equality, liberty, civil rights, secularism and freedom of speech, but he's not exactly a huge proponent of free market economics.

Back