Bill Hicks - Agent of Evolution

tinc321

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
wO6IDqa.gif

<cheer>

Bill Hicks is overrated like Sam Kinnison.

He's supposed to be a comic not a philosopher, and an often angry jaded one at that

I like a lot of Hicks' standup, but his following (as evidenced by the videos you posted) seems a tad cultish. He was a comic, not some new age guru.

he looks exactly like Alex Jones

He's supposed to be a comic not a philosopher, and an often angry jaded one at that

People can be more than one thing at a time. And comedy comes from grief and tragedy.

Last edited:
Bill Hicks is my dude. He's my favourite comic and one of my favourite philosophers and human beings in general.

I love listening to this track when training. Always gets me in the mood and reminds me "it's just a ride." Skip to 3:15

Social commentary is a big part of what stand-up comedians do. Even more so with ones that are politically-minded like Hicks was.

That's what comics do. They view life through an unusual lens and come back and tell u how they see things. And most times comics are pretty messed up, damaged people, oddly enough.

I enjoy watching his take downs of hecklers.
His actual material, not so much

Him and Carlin are similar to me. They both are insightful and make good social commentary, but I don't really laugh at their "comedy".

Just not very funny, but they both made me think.

Back