Bill Cosby accuser admits concocting story for memoir

Earlier, during direct questioning, Dickinson testified that she decided to cut from her book the story of being sexually assaulted by Cosby after her publisher, Judith Regan, warned her it could ruin her career.

Is Judith still alive to corroborate?

So, all it takes for you to condemn somebody, is a mob telling the same story?

I don't want to discuss his innocence or guilt, but just think about that for a second. It just takes a group of people to point the finger at somebody, and you're sold?

That's some dangerous territory.

You don't want to discuss his innocence or guilt when that is exactly what this is about. There is a big difference a "mob" telling the same story and what is going on with Cosby. These women aren't a mob in the first place. They have no connection to each other besides the fact that their accusations share a lot of details. Most of them being that Cosby sweet talked them into having a drink (he mixed) with him after which they either blacked out and woke up hours later with Cosby or became incapacitated while Cosby sexually assaulted them.

You can try to pick apart one or two accusations (which is what his army of lawyers are trying to do) but that doesn't discredit the 50+ others.

What I'm sold on is that there is zero chance all of Cosby's accusers are lying.

You can try to pick apart one or two accusations (which is what his army of lawyers are trying to do) but that doesn't discredit the 50+ others.

What gives them credibility in the first place? Because they claimed it? Years and years after it allegedly happened, when the media came a callin'?

What I'm sold on is that there is zero chance all of Cosby's accusers are lying.

Well, this is why we have courts. Right now we have one case, that has proven very difficult to confirm.

What gives them credibility in the first place? Because they claimed it? Years and years after it allegedly happened, when the media came a callin'?

Well, this is why we have courts. Right now we have one case, that has proven very difficult to confirm.

What gives a lot of them credibility to me is that their stories have very similar details even though the women are not connected and many are separated by decades. It suggests to me that there is a pattern that an extremely wealthy and powerful man used to prey on younger women. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

I agree this is why we have courts. But I'm just a member of the court of public opinion. Even if he gets off legally, it's not going to change my mind. If you're rich enough you can get away with almost anything.

Dickinson is an idiot. Remember her on The Surreal Life? I liked that show.

What gives a lot of them credibility to me is that their stories have very similar details even though the women are not connected and many are separated by decades.

See, from the start, that's always been the fishy part to me. That the stories were so similar, and all told when it snowballed and became a big media story. If the stories were told at different, and these allegations were made at, or near the times they allegedly occurred, I'd be more inclined to believe them. But they all came out together, more or less, which to me seems a little too organized to be genuine.

In fairness, I can see the opposite rationale as well, but I guess we just look at things differently in this case.

See, from the start, that's always been the fishy part to me. That the stories were so similar, and all told when it snowballed and became a big media story. If the stories were told at different, and these allegations were made at, or near the times they allegedly occurred, I'd be more inclined to believe them. But they all came out together, more or less, which to me seems a little too organized to be genuine.

In fairness, I can see the opposite rationale as well, but I guess we just look at things differently in this case.

There are women that have accused Cosby as far back as 2005. It just didn't get nearly as much attention back then. So the narrative that it was all because of this media story doesn't fit. Sure, more women came out after it became so publicly available but I don't see how that discredits them.

Nothing definitive occurred. The lawyer wasn’t trying to prove that her story is false, but that rather she is an untrustworthy person.

He rapes but he Saves and he saves more than he rapes.

Honestly I find it hard to believe any of these old accusations.

This can only help his case. #BelieveAllWomenNot

The thread title is very misleading.
In court, Cosby's lawyer asked why she was complimentary about him in her autobiography if he was such a horrible rapist.

She testified that it was ghost written and Cosby's people at the time influenced the content. She needed cash and went along with it.

Welcome to the War Room, friend.

Where clicking on articles is optional, but blanket disbelief of rape victims in favor of sexual predators is mandatory (at least to sterling alpha males like @JamesRussler and @Seano).

Where clicking on articles is optional, but blanket disbelief of rape victims in favor of sexual predators is mandatory (at least to sterling alpha males like @JamesRussler and @Seano).
Yeah, Cosby is a serial rapist, and that should be obvious to everyone.

So far, it seems extremely partisan in here. People won't even Like neutral funny posts from the other side.

There's a semblance of debate, but with a lot of ad hominem attacks, exaggeration, and cable news talking points.

Are there any posters here that can think for themselves or is it always 'fascists vs libtards'?

This was a weird one as well....

http://m.tmz.com/2014/11/20/bill-cosby-forced-oral-sex-victim-jonny-carson-louisa-moritz/

An actress who played Rose in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and starred in the '70s show "Love American Style" claims Bill Cosby stuck his penis in her mouth in her dressing room before an appearance on Johnny Carson's "Tonight Show."

68-year-old Louisa Moritz tells TMZ ... she was at the NBC studios in New York in 1971, waiting in the green room for her appearance on the show. She says there was a knock at the door, and it was Cosby, who she says walked in and said he was impressed with her work and "implied that he was going to see to it that I will become a major star through his direction."

Moritz -- who also played a cop in Cheech and Chong's "Up in Smoke" -- says Cosby "suddenly approached me and took out his penis, which was now in the line of my face [she's 5'0"] and pressed up against it."

She goes on, "He took his hands and put them on the back of my head and forced his penis in my mouth, saying, 'Have a taste of this. It will do you good in so many ways.'"

This guy’s got all the moves!

Are there any posters here that can think for themselves or is it always 'fascists vs libtards'?

Nobody, literally nobody thinks for themselves. Hopefully you can enlighten us.

Nobody, literally nobody thinks for themselves. Hopefully you can enlighten us.
More likely you'll assimilate me into your weird culture, or maybe I just stop visiting.

I come here to respond to a tag but there's nothing to respond to. Whats the point in this tag?

The metoo movement destroyed the credibility of these accusers. Is that what you want to hear? Not sure what you're fishing for here.

What? No I never said that. I think Cosby should be lynched from a freeway overpass!

I can't tell which is which.

janice-dickinson.jpg

513085060_caitlyn-jenner-zoom-ad716e92-ceb9-4292-9e80-998b661fa486.jpg
cosby_weiner.gif

Back