Biggest robbery!! | Page 9

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by soulless80, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Maroli Brown Belt

Maroli
    looool, I had Jacobs narrowly winning but clearly not a 'robbery' when people are split approximately 50-50 on the results. A robbery is where a clear majority of people saw it one way and it went another.

2. Seano Hands of bone

Seano
    Explain Mayweather's Majority win over Canelo or Maidana. 2 majority decisions against guys most saw him beat clear.
    Floyd won by landing more and getting hit less over the course of 12 individual rounds. What does Mayweather have to do with this?

RR likes this.
  3. cottagecheesefan Red Belt

cottagecheesefan
    I had Jacob's up, but a lot of rounds were very close I felt. About to rewatch.

I also thought Chocolatito lost, but HBO thought was bad dec???

4. Seano Hands of bone

Seano
    I had Gonzalez winning that fight but its not hard to see why the judges favored the Thai fighter. He was the bigger puncher, clearly and Gonzalez was bleeding like a stuck pig from the midpoint on. Shit like that is what the judges see.

5. Iron ghost Orange Belt

Iron ghost
    I had it 114-113 Jacobs, but when you add in the 4th round knockdown, GGG being the aggressor, the strike numbers, Jacobs doing no real damage, and belts on the line, I can see it going the other way.
    Either way- It was way too close to call a robbery.

*Also... I wonder if Jacobs unofficially lost points for dirty fighting. Even if the ref didn't officially take points, some judges don't like that shit and I think it can creep into the scoring. And Jacobs has a track record of dirty boxing...

RR likes this.
  6. Seano Hands of bone

Seano
    huh? What did he do that was dirty?

Shoemaker, wilddeuces and RR like this.
  7. cottagecheesefan Red Belt

cottagecheesefan

Yup, I was telling the peeps I was watching the fight with, that I bet the blood would influence judges, and it did.

Chocolatito def won the "boxing" match, but the thai's shots were knocking Roman around the ring, in addition to the blood

RR likes this.
  8. 4daLuLZ Green Belt

4daLuLZ
    <{cruzshake}>

9. Soul_of_Rage Green Belt

Soul_of_Rage
    I had Jacobs up but wouldn't call it a robbery... a ton of close rounds. I think if they fight again Jacobs will win clearly.

RR likes this.
  10. Apocalypse604 Double Yellow Card

Apocalypse604
    GGG was landing more and pushed the pace....Jacobs was backpeddling most of the fight. It was a close fight, but people who are saying its a robbery are on crack. Rewatch it without the alcohol in your system perhaps.

11. wilddeuces Purple Belt

wilddeuces
    You just answered your own question by saying "landing more and getting hit less". That's what happened last night. Plus the more telling shots and the knockdown were in Golovkin's favour.

A very close fight that went the right way. With no knockdown I can see a bit more of a case.

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  12. rshawneecarbon1 Green Belt

rshawneecarbon1
    Shit system it is but no way you can say Jacobs landed more. He was hitting gloves all night.

13. rshawneecarbon1 Green Belt

rshawneecarbon1
    So we're the kovalev and ward cards. You probably had ward winning.

14. rshawneecarbon1 Green Belt

rshawneecarbon1
    Km
    Finally a perfectly put post. I saw it exactly the same way. How people ignore what lands and what doesn't causes so much non sensical emotion.

Both fights. Chocalito was robbed by a guy swatting at air and hitting arms and gloves. It's as if people get so caught up with how people throw, when they throw, and how they look throwing, that they ignore what actually was effective..

Most people think of the ineffective flurries coming from the high output come forward fighter, but it happens a lot with the slick fast boxers as well and people ignore that more often.

15. Iron ghost Orange Belt

Iron ghost
    Off the top of my head- Punching in the back of the head during the clinch, punching in the kidneys during the clinch, punching on the break, punching after the bell.
    He got numerous warning from the ref. Even in the 12th round the ref had to tell him "c'mon man fight clean, it's the 12th round".
    He pulls that shit in almost every fight.
    I really like Jacobs and his story is amazing, that's the only knock on him I have.

16. rshawneecarbon1 Green Belt

rshawneecarbon1
    God, shut up. You had ward winning, Garcia winning, and now Jacobs winning. None of them landed more or cleaner. Two of them had to over come a kd and they didn't. You show clear bias for a certain type of fighter or maybe you just don't like the guys with power.

I don't know, but either way, not only did those three out land the three you had winning but they also outboxed the boxers for the majority of rds. You and about 3-4 other posters with the same old shit bias after every fight. It's why I rarely post here.

Learn how to score a fight. Looking pretty didn't win. Landing punches does.

17. Seano Hands of bone

Seano
    Stop being so emotional. Its really pretty pathetic to get this riled up about a score.

18. Seano Hands of bone

Seano
    Ignore list, I suppose. I'm not doing this.

19. quincy k Purple Belt

quincy k
    the blood was caused by the headbutts and if anything gonzalez should have been given the benefit of the doubt in any close round because of the blood caused by the headbutts.

it was a bad decision, horrible actually

20. 4daLuLZ Green Belt

4daLuLZ
    {<huh}