Biggest robbery!!

And nobody ever gave a fuck.
I've scaled back my robbery claims until I rewatch the fight. Still, I think punch stats are garbage. I'd certainly never be citing them in favour of my argument.

gonzalez dominated the punch stats last night and lost

that was a robbery and yet nobody here seems to care

a few people on these threads just come to vent and bitch about golovkin

seriously robbery or even bad decision?

I've scaled back my robbery claims until I rewatch the fight. Still, I think punch stats are garbage. I'd certainly never be citing them in favour of my argument.

Anyone who uses punch stats in isolation as to why a fighter won probably hasn't watched the fight!

gonzalez dominated the punch stats last night and lost

that was a robbery and yet nobody here seems to care

a few people on these threads just come to vent and bitch about golovkin

seriously robbery or even bad decision?

People were complaining plenty about the Thai beating Gonzalez in the RBR thread.

People were complaining plenty about the Thai beating Gonzalez in the RBR thread.

but they are not making single threads here claiming robbery

i think you get my point. i had wangek to win(+1400) and to also win by decision(+3300) and there is no way, by punch stats or by whatever scoring criteria, that he won the fight

yet all we hear this morning is golovkin this and golovkin that

but they are not making single threads here claiming robbery

i think you get my point. i had wangek to win(+1400) and to also win by decision(+3300) and there is no way, by punch stats or by whatever scoring criteria, that he won the fight

yet all we hear this morning is golovkin this and golovkin that

Well, shit. You're asking the world not to be petty, now. That's like asking the sun not to shine.

Well, shit. You're asking the world not to be petty, now. That's like asking the sun not to shine.

well, thankfully there are only a few "petty" guys that post on the sherdog boxing forum so it is not bad

This fight was similar to Vasily Jirov vs James Toney. In that fight, Jirov was unquestionably busier. He threw a ton of punches and was far more active than Toney. The HBO announce team couldn't stop talking about how Jirov was controlling the action. If you actually watched the fight though, you could see that Jirov's aggression was largely ineffective and Toney was picking his shots. He landed cleanly and did damage, dropping Jirov for the first time in his career.

Jacobs was more active, and he threw some flurries. He wasn't completely ineffective but he certainly wasn't as dominant as some of you are making him out to be. GGG landed clean, hard shots. He dropped Jacobs. He outlanded Jacobs. He was in control. Much like the Jirov-Toney fight, this match was competitive but it wasn't close.

Jacobs deserves a ton of credit for finishing when nobody else has been able to, for surviving the knockdown, and for ignoring the IBF same day weigh in and coming in at 180+. GGG did fine wth a Cruiserweight last night. I'd watch a rematch, but the right guy won last night.

The robbery was in the Chocolatito fight. Emotion and blood took that one away.

ah that explains it

seano is one of those irrational pacquioa/golovkin haters

no wonder i awlays thought he was an idiot

No he's not an idiot.
He's just a tad bit too contrary and opinionated.
Never makes me want to Ignore him or avoid his posts.....unlike some of the idiots here.

This fight was similar to Vasily Jirov vs James Toney. In that fight, Jirov was unquestionably busier. He threw a ton of punches and was far more active than Toney. The HBO announce team couldn't stop talking about how Jirov was controlling the action. If you actually watched the fight though, you could see that Jirov's aggression was largely ineffective and Toney was picking his shots. He landed cleanly and did damage, dropping Jirov for the first time in his career.

Jacobs was more active, and he threw some flurries. He wasn't completely ineffective but he certainly wasn't as dominant as some of you are making him out to be. GGG landed clean, hard shots. He dropped Jacobs. He outlanded Jacobs. He was in control. Much like the Jirov-Toney fight, this match was competitive but it wasn't close.

Jacobs deserves a ton of credit for finishing when nobody else has been able to, for surviving the knockdown, and for ignoring the IBF same day weigh in and coming in at 180+. GGG did fine wth a Cruiserweight last night. I'd watch a rematch, but the right guy won last night.

The robbery was in the Chocolatito fight. Emotion and blood took that one away.

Naw...in Jirov v Toney, you KNOW Toney won. You just had to look at Jirov to know.
In this one, I'm glad GGG won. But I'm REALLY glad GGG won , if you know what I mean <6>

Naw...in Jirov v Toney, you KNOW Toney won. You just had to look at Jirov to know.
In this one, I'm glad GGG won. But I'm REALLY glad GGG won , if you know what I mean <6>

Eh.
If this was a 6-6 fight, GGG still wins by a point.

That's giving Jacobs EVERY close round.

Favor the guy firing off a jab and landing cleaner, harder shots for just one round, and it's a 115-112 fight.

I had it 115-112 GGG on first viewing.

Watching with the sound off I had it 116-111.

GGG was landing cleaner, harder, and controlling things more often. Jacobs was flashier and beat the tar out of gloves and forearms a lot.

Eh.
If this was a 6-6 fight, GGG still wins by a point.

That's giving Jacobs EVERY close round.

Favor the guy firing off a jab and landing cleaner, harder shots for just one round, and it's a 115-112 fight.

I had it 115-112 GGG on first viewing.

Watching with the sound off I had it 116-111.

GGG was landing cleaner, harder, and controlling things more often. Jacobs was flashier and beat the tar out of gloves and forearms a lot.

I disagree. Jirov had the life beat out of him by Toney. It wasn't just a beat down. It was literally beating the game of boxing out of him. He was done. Only his character had him finish the fight.

Jacobs loss was nothing like this. He could've got the decision and while I'd be pissed, I wouldn't think it undeserved.

That said, he looked like another fighter there. This is how he should fight. With the Quillin fight Jacobs held in reserve. To come out when opportunity beckons.

I disagree. Jirov had the life beat out of him by Toney. It wasn't just a beat down. It was literally beating the game of boxing out of him. He was done. Only his character had him finish the fight.

Jacobs loss was nothing like this. He could've got the decision and while I'd be pissed, I wouldn't think it undeserved.

That said, he looked like another fighter there. This is how he should fight. With the Quillin fight Jacobs held in reserve. To come out when opportunity beckons.

Didn't mean to imply it was a beatdown like Jirov took. You're right, James broke him. Never the same fighter. Just that the scoring worked the same for me. One guy was busier, the other more effective.

I originally thought Jacobs won when I watched the fight yesterday but I went into that fight cheering Jacobs on because he was the underdog and I thought GGG would win pretty convincingly. Also GGG has been so dominant that seeing him in this fight looking a little vulnerable swayed my opinion.

After watching it again in HD I get why GGG won. A lot of Jacobs shots did not land cleanly and GGG was using that jab all night. It was a close fight and there would of been complaints if either side won but I think it went the right way. This fight just made the Canelo GGG match up a lot more interesting.

It was too close to be called a robbery, but I had GGG winning by two rounds

<{walkerwhut}>

Don't let the yellow belt fool ya. You were going on for days how only the 3 judges n you scored for Bradley.
115-113.
After watching it twice !
I scored it a draw watching live and thats the score I've always stuck with. I did say I found it easier to come up with a winning score for Bradley than it was to find 7 rounds for Pac.

Yes, but there were more rounds where Daniels had more effective punches in total. 10-9 system I find it hard to score that for GGG.
Pretty much this. Yes, Golovkin landed more shots but people ignore that those numbers really tell you nothing about how 12 rounds of the fight went.

If one guy wins a round by landing 200 punches and in the next round the other guy wins by landing 2, then the score is still 19-19. Winning one round big doesn't give you bonus points unless you score a KD.

Golovkin got outboxed pretty clean and was reduced to stealing rounds with flurries. He got taken out of his game.

Jacobs won that fight, he outboxed Golovkin but pro judges like the aggressor. What can you do? thats just how judges score fights.

Untrue.

How did Mayweather remain undefeated by being mostly a defensive fighter?

Back