Biggest loser of 2017

In the vein of Sherdog's fighter of the year posts, I figured it would be interesting to see who was the worst, boring fights, ducking contenders, embarassing in ring cheating etc.

My top 3:

Germain de Randamie: Beats Holm via multiple fouls in a fight she should have lost. Then she refuses to fight Cyborg, the woman the division was created for in a title fight and is stripped of her title.

Michael Bisping: Ducks all legitimate contenders, fights twice in 2017, losing to a long retired welterweight and then gets his lights put out in round 1 by yet another welterweight

Tyron Woodley: Fights twice in 2017 giving us two of the worst title fights in recent UFC history. Talks about how he is the greatest Welterweight in UFC history. Indicates he has an injury requiring surgery when efforts are made to set up an end of year title fight and then tries, of all things to set up a superfight with Nate Diaz, a fringe top 10 LW.

Any others I am missing?
I don't think Tyron Woodley belongs here. GDR pisses me off the most. Lost a lot of respect for her,and I don't throw that around with many fighters,but really,what a waste of everyones time. Bisping may have lost,but he made a lot of money,so I don't think he counts. WHo cares who he ducked? Not him.

Everone on sherdog is a bigger loser than the one's mentioned in this topic, especially me
dcb8fac9dd1e4b6a1ae3ae43da0d3bfff53d3cdcc83395cb8fb4df770e302287.jpg

In the vein of Sherdog's fighter of the year posts, I figured it would be interesting to see who was the worst, boring fights, ducking contenders, embarassing in ring cheating etc.

My top 3:

Germain de Randamie: Beats Holm via multiple fouls in a fight she should have lost. Then she refuses to fight Cyborg, the woman the division was created for in a title fight and is stripped of her title.

Michael Bisping: Ducks all legitimate contenders, fights twice in 2017, losing to a long retired welterweight and then gets his lights put out in round 1 by yet another welterweight

Tyron Woodley: Fights twice in 2017 giving us two of the worst title fights in recent UFC history. Talks about how he is the greatest Welterweight in UFC history. Indicates he has an injury requiring surgery when efforts are made to set up an end of year title fight and then tries, of all things to set up a superfight with Nate Diaz, a fringe top 10 LW.

Any others I am missing?
Wrong, wrong, wrong.

You lack context for Bisping's loss to Kelvin; it was pretty much days after he fought GSP.

Woodley defended against killers.

Jon Jones is the only correct answer. His career went: KABOOOOM.

Woodley is still champ. Maia & Wonderboy looked like shit against him. On what planet is successfully defended a belt multiple times characterized as "Biggest loser" ?

Woodley is still champ. Maia & Wonderboy looked like shit against him. On what planet is successfully defended a belt multiple times characterized as "Biggest loser" ?
thread should be called "the fighters I don't like,and why you should agree"

Biggest losers are guys at top of LW division not getting championship money/fame because Irish Jarboni decided to take maternity leave for 8 months and is still ducking months after Floyd fight.

And second Jon Jones. Millions lost but he's pretty set as is.

Back