Biggest hypetrain that dissapointed?

For me Paulo Thiago was a personal hype train that derailed...the guy was a nobody brought in to get smashed by Koscheck's big overhand right....he ended up upsetting Koscheck, then went on to rack up some nice wins....add to that the fact that the guy was a member of the BOPE in Rio, I thought he was some total badass...

Uriah Hall was ridiculously overhyped... purely because of that one dramatic KO over a semi-pro daytime-TV show opponent...

The UFC milked that hype train dry... and the resulting expectations set upon the poor dude? Well he never stood a chance.

he still was more impressive than most of UFC's hype trains. i'm not a fan of either guy but when he smashed Mousasi that was an incredible display of athleticism against a legit top 5 MW.

Ngannou's hype train was just one big ad for UFC performance centre.

Lots of hype trains are the same, look like a million bucks against lower level fighters soon as they hit any type of adversity they crumble.

he still was more impressive than most of UFC's hype trains. i'm not a fan of either guy but when he smashed Mousasi that was an incredible display of athleticism against a legit top 5 MW.

Yeah I don't disagree with your point, but Mousasi has gone undefeated since that fight (including a revenge defeat over yours truly). Mousasi has enjoyed a 6-0 record following that fight with wins over former champs like Belfort and Weidman. Whereas Uriah has gone 1 win 3 defeats since then (with his 1 win coming over a guy who's not won in two years). So whilst I totally respect that win you're referring to, in terms of disappointing hype trains... in recent times Uriah certainly falls into that category as far as I'm concerned, especially considering the hype that surrounded him during (and immediately after) his time on TUF.

I remember there being a lot of excitement for Marius Zaromskis after he headkick KO'd Sakurai and High in the same night, then went on to win his next fight by headkick KO, but after that he became a .500 fighter. Still a fan though.

kimbo-slice.jpg

Conor. Not because he failed to accomplish but BECAUSE he accomplished then stopped fighting.

Sad to say... but most of the fighters coming from Pride. Since according to the internet. They were top-tier and paid millions...

There was an interview where Phil Baroni said "the fighters from Pride didn't do well because they thought they couldn't use steroids and the UFC fighters were on steroids".

Not exactly that but kinda like that.

I believe in NYBA.

Does CM Punk count?

A shocking, I repeat, shocking amount of people were giving him a fighting chance.

Plus that whole half a mill to show up thing.

I feel like Overeem should also be given some credit. He's been knocked out in hilarious fashion on a fairly consistent basis despite being hailed as a world beater before we found out about horse meat and suspect chin.

Back