Biggest Fluke KO Of All Time

This is dumb fucking logic. For example, most spinning attacks land when you don't have eyes on your opponent. That doesn't make them flukes.

To be fair, if you throw spinning attacks correctly you look over your shoulder at the target.

Fight was called off before the ref knew zombie was out

Should have gone to scorecards

So you would have preferred KZ won a decision while he laid unconscious on the floor?

Just enjoy it man, it was a sick fight. Fluke KO's only suck when one guy is obviously getting his shit pushed in and he lands lucky strike. Think Hall x Mousasi.

Watch a fighter throw a spinning attack. Watch how they turn their heads and lose sight for less than a second.

Watch Yair, staring at the ground, with no clue where Zombie was.

You'll figure it out.

There was also less than a second between KZ throwing and YR countering. Yair knew KZ was over his right shoulder so he threw an elbow. Low percentage attack, but high reward, obviously.

Nah, Yair was throwing stuff like that the entire fight and getting close. Rare? Sure. Getting 1 out of 50 thrown? Not that flukey. Also no more flukey than conor's ko of aldo. If you concede mcgregor was fluke, you can call this a fluke.

Nope, it’s called perfect timing. Knowing exactly where your opponent is going to be based on how he moved throughout the fight and predicting.
rofl nice troll job, I'm sure he timed that desperate elbow with his head down eye closed real well.

I don't think it needs an explanation. The motion was deliberate, but there is zero percent chance even Yair thought it would touch anything, nevertheless shatter one of the toughest chins in the sport.

On the horn for a fight KZ was winning. They say anything can happen, but this is the dumbest example I've ever seen of it.
Come on dude, this is the very definition of "anything can happen" if you don't stop trying until the final bell.

1 in a million though no doubt.

Love KZ and was rooting for him but that was completely his own fault. Good on Yair, he's got ways to go still for properly challenging the top guys in the division.

How do you manage to sneak Conor into this discussion? Com’on man, stop it.

Jesus christ.

"fluke.....KO....." blah blah....

Posters can you just put two and two together.

You can say this about anything. I hope every person who is calling this a fluke is also calling the abnormal unlikely kos like anderson's getting koed by weidman a fluke, anderson breaking his leg a fluke. Aldo getting koed a fluke.

If it wasn't a fluke, then no fights ever, favourite fighters losing in whatever way, weren flukes.

Really did not appreciate the stalling by Yair. KZ shouldn't have kept stopping for him. Would have been different if they didn't keep breaking he pace. Still. It be what it be

It was absolutely lucky
A trained fighter who is known for flashy strikes attempts a flashy strike and lands it as Zombie sloppily walks into the strike is now lucky.

I’m sorry but you’re wrong.

I love KZ and I was happy for him that he was gonna come back with a win but just stop. No luck. He meant to throw that elbow, obviously. You should know by now that every chin is shatterable and especially when they don’t see them coming. Yair was throwing elbows all night and sadly KZ thought they’d brawl at the end

He meant to throw it and he meant to land where it did.

It did.

For anybody that has done any kind of training....there is no fluke.

You got beat. You should have seen that coming but you didnt. It happens.

I said this in the PBP thread but I don’t even think he meant to throw an elbow. If you put your head down and try to load up a right hand to come up with your elbow will come up like that and that’s what it looked like he was going for. Zombie just went face first into it tho. Crazy ass fight game

<{JustBleed}>
This. I literally can't think of a more flukey example off the top of my head. Even with Hall doing his flying spinning side kick and Mousasi ducking down at the exact moment for it to hit him square on the jaw... at least Hall was trying to land what he threw and it landed. Yair... I'm not sure he was even trying to throw an elbow... much less land one... much less it landing right on the button with perfect timing like it did.

In fact, to all the people going off about TS being a jerk for makin this thread... please list your examples of a finish flukier than this one. Seeing a lot of insults but no examples to the contrary.

Dude, if you literally can't see your opponent when you "throw a strike", it's a fluke if it lands, nevertheless if it sleeps the guy.

You can feel him moving bro

Back