BIGGEST FIGHT OF THE YEAR (all combat sports)?

<TheDonald>
Exactly. Because everywhere else is irrelevant.
output_ort68m_by_xravenpiex-da9ix2p.gif

One will be a one sided beatdown and one is actually intruiging

Correct. While UFC and Boxings popularity may be similar at times in the USA, outside of that country nobody gives a shit. A fight like Canelo vs GGG isn’t just about PPV, they strike deals with tv channels in other countries that show it for free, like in Mexico where it is on open television.

Where the hell do you work that there are still people who don’t know what the ufc is?
<23>
I think that's because you are surrounded by old and fat white people.

Everyone under 40 knows what UFC is.

Americans under 40 know about UFC. Not that big a group compared to the world. Every single person in the world knows what Boxing is. Thanks for agreeing with me and proving my point.

There are more +40s in the world than 15 to 40s

Conor vs Khabib will be the biggest by a country mile.

But if Conor gets owned this will be the last time he gets everyone into it

WIlder vs Fury is the most crazy fight in a long time

my prediction:
Fury outboxing Wilder for 6 rounds, then Wilder land one octopus punch, and the world fall apart
then Anthony Joshua step inside the ring to challenge the winner, and you have the next biggest fight ever

Americans under 40 know about UFC. Not that big a group compared to the world. Every single person in the world knows what Boxing is. Thanks for agreeing with me and proving my point.

There are more +40s in the world than 15 to 40s
Well do you not live in America? Btw that is terrible reasoning to begin with. All you’re saying is everyone knows what boxing is. So what? A tiny percentage of people who know what boxing is actually watch it at all. You can’t seriously think Tyson Fury’s fight is going to be more watched than Conor’s

Conor vs Khabib will be the biggest by a country mile.

But if Conor gets owned this will be the last time he gets everyone into it

As well as if it turns into a chain wrestling grind out. Casuals and regular folk like striking - they have little interest in positioning/walls stalls/ and mounts to nowhere. Khabib can hang with the best strikers but i dont think he'll risk it with so much on the line.

Wilder vs Fury is already hitting the ground running.

Just to give everyone an idea where the popularity levels of these guys are:

Without Conor: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=/m/0h7lbkd,/m/02rny4c,/m/03gvljl

WITH Conor: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=/m/0h7lbkd,/m/02rny4c,/m/03gvljl,/m/0rfgxy2

Conor is so huge everyone else on that list is negligible compared to him, and Wilder and Fury are similar in level to Khabib globally.
I knew he owned Europe and the Americas but damn..he's got India all to himself now too. That's a billion more fans.

Conor is for dumbass casuals. I don't give a fuck about casuals.

Real sports fans are looking forward to GGG-Canelo II and (half seriously) Wilder-Fury.
bruh, "real sports fans" account for 50k of ppv buys. This sport relies on the casuals. No casuals=no prize. No prize=no prizefighting. Capiche?

Wrong, all Conor's numbers are US only, his fights also bring in untold millions in international TV deals.

Those numbers also do not include people who by his events through streaming services, which is a bigger % as each event passes.

Actually no. Conors numbers are world wide estimates. Canelos are actual USA only numbers. Not estimates (which always ends up being lower then reported. See UFC 100).

And Canelo's international TV deals shit all over and other fighters

Actually no. Conors numbers are world wide estimates. Canelos are actual USA only numbers. Not estimates (which always ends up being lower then reported. See UFC 100).

And Canelo's international TV deals shit all over and other fighters
It's always been reported that UFC numbers are US & Canada only, but please show me evidence that they are worldwide?

Back