Biggest Conservative Hypocrisy?

A.S. Deep

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My favorite one:

We're for small government and freedom... except we also want to jail you for taking drugs and want to control what you do in the bedroom.

evangelicals supporting trump

to be fair, i know many that do not

The Christian Right's propensity to endorse a warhawk approach.

Anyone want to take bets on how long until a copycat anti-Left thread pops up? I suspect both will be good :)

Also, while it always makes me laugh, you have to stretch to make this one hypocrisy:

11693886_1013940901973724_6522661910685391320_n.jpg

Since the distinction between charity and coerced help is an important one when considering whether something is hypocrisy or not.

Last edited:
The small government one is probably the biggest hypocrisy since conservatives love massive increases in military spending and other areas of government where they see fit.

A similar one which stems from the "government off our backs" mentality is lower middle class conservatives being against government policies that would possibly benefit them (Obamacare, higher wages etc). Although last place aversion is a big factor there as well.

My favorite one:

We're for small government and freedom... except we also want to jail you for taking drugs and want to control what you do in the bedroom.
Conservatives don't control what you do in the bedroom.

Unless you want to buy those child sex dolls to screw with. We will stand against you getting that.

Better yet, trumps budget actually increased spending, and trump supporters were MIA. The deficit exploded under Bush. Much of Obama's deficit spending was already written in place under Bush.

It seems to me that what the average low info "conservative" actually supports, is whatever puddle deep hypocrisy the talking heads utter.

The same can be said of the average low info "liberal" as well.

Better yet, trumps budget actually increased spending, and trump supporters were MIA. The deficit exploded under Bush. Much of Obama's deficit spending was already written in place under Bush.

It seems to me that what the average low info "conservative" actually supports, is whatever puddle deep hypocrisy the talking heads utter.

The same can be said of the average low info "liberal" as well.
Trump isn't a conservative.

Apparently neither was Bush. So it has been 30 years since a conservative held office?

And I thought the establishment DNC was incompetent.
I was really disappointed in Bush's spending toward the end of his term. I was like what happened?

Anyone want to take bets on how long until a copycat anti-Left thread pops up? I suspect both will be good :)

Also, while it always makes me laugh, you have to stretch to make this one hypocrisy:

Since the distinction between charity and coerced help is an important one when considering whether something is hypocrisy or not.

This is the most legit one. It partly stems from their unflinching support of Israel, which in turn leads to seeing a lot of enemies out there.

I think it's also fair to point out that a lot of Republicans today are not conservative, so we shouldn't group them together.

Didn't Jesus preach teaching a man to fish, not giving him food?

evangelicals supporting trump

to be fair, i know many that do not
I can answer that one.

Hillary told Christians we had to change our religious beliefs on abortion

Trump is pro-life, and said he would give us a conservative supreme court judge and stand for religious freedom. It comes down to those things right there.

"Resist not evil." - Jesus Christ (Matthew 5:39)

I think it's also fair to point out that a lot of Republicans today are not conservative, so we shouldn't group them together.

That actually sounds like another point of hypocrisy to me. Preaching conservatism, while voting for non-conservative leaders. There were many conservative options.

I was really disappointed in Bush's spending toward the end of his term. I was like what happened?

The reality that government spending does stimulate the economy, is what happened.

You combine this with politicians being judged by economic performance, and the only real power they have is budget authority, and you get a for gone conclusion.

Back