Bigger Upset In Your Eyes: Bisping KO'ing Rockhold or Serra TKO'ing GSP

Serra... Not even close. St Pierre should have destroyed him. Just like the rematch.

It may be the biggest upset in MMA history, its definitely up there considering Georges is 26-2, half those fights being title fights.

Serra, both were massive upsets though.

I know GSP is much more accomplished fighter than Rockhold, but getting caught by someone heavy-handed like Serra happens. Rockhold going out cold in the 1st round against Bisping still makes zero sense; Bisping had an entire career of laying into gassed fighters for rounds and rounds without a KO and he usually struggled with guys while they were fresh. The first Rockhold-Bisping fight was as thorough an outclassing as you will see in the UFC; similarly, GSP-Serra 2 was as well. I say Rockhold being KO'd by Bisping is a bigger upset.

Clearly a connoisseur

<36>

Pretty much no one thought Serra had earned the shot coming in through TUF and the almost universal consensus was he'd be absolutely creamed - as he was in the rematch.

Plus I don't think Serra was regarded as heavy handed, though he did seem to hit harder - but slower - after moving up to WW.

Bisping > Luke was shocking. Serra > GSP made you question reality.

Probably Serra but I was pretty shocked when Bisping won.

Well, we all knew Luke was chinny although I thought he had that one in the bag.

Exactly. Luke could have been the best ever at that division with his physical tools but he goes night night sometimes.

Serra.

Luke has a weakness and its his bum chin.
Based on what? Oh yeh the Bisping fight. You're all idiots. And don't mention the Vitor fight. He got fuckin TRT wheel kicked in the jaw and hit with follow ups

Screen%20shot%202011-12-19%20at%2011.52.47%20AM.png

Serra, but Bisping vs. Luke was literally unbelievable. In 10 years in the UFC, Bisping had zero legit knockouts. Then he gets gifted a title shot and knocks out the champ? Who had already destroyed him? It would never happen, but it happened.

Based on what? Oh yeh the Bisping fight. You're all idiots. And don't mention the Vitor fight. He got fuckin TRT wheel kicked in the jaw and hit with follow ups

Nobody's judging him for getting KO'd by Trt Vitor but considering Jones survived Trt Vitor it was just a fight that showed where Luke's chin was at. He also got TKO'd by a no-name in 2007.

I know GSP is much more accomplished fighter than Rockhold, but getting caught by someone heavy-handed like Serra happens. Rockhold going out cold in the 1st round against Bisping still makes zero sense; Bisping had an entire career of laying into gassed fighters for rounds and rounds without a KO and he usually struggled with guys while they were fresh. The first Rockhold-Bisping fight was as thorough an outclassing as you will see in the UFC; similarly, GSP-Serra 2 was as well. I say Rockhold being KO'd by Bisping is a bigger upset.
Not really even worth comparing. Absolute top level fighter get's knocked out by a member of the 'last chance' season of TUF vs two guys who never quite lived up to their hype.

It was GSP until the Rockhold press conference and this beauty happened: "You're suspended buddeh, sit the fuck doon"

Rockhold can never live that one doon!

Pretty easy question to answer

Its still true. It just wasn't known at the time.

The first Rockhold-Bisping fight was as thorough an outclassing as you will see in the UFC; similarly, GSP-Serra 2 was as well. I say Rockhold being KO'd by Bisping is a bigger upset.
Up until the knockdown, the first Rockhold-Bisping fight was in no way lop-sided. Round 1 was close. Bisping already bloodied Cung Le and knocked down Anderson Silva twice. He wasn't as pillow fisted anymore when he fought and people should know that.

In terms of the biggest fighter losing, GSP/Serra is the bigger upset.

In terms of which upset had the biggest impact on the division/sport, Bisping/Rockhold because Serra didn't run from contenders for a year and insist on fighting old men about to retire or fighting superfights.

I don't know why ppl think Bisping is so bad, the guy did beat Anderson Silva before KOing Rockhold.

Bisping rockhold was more shocking. Left hook Larry had no business in that fight after the pasting he had already suffered at the hands of Rockhold.

I know the odds reflect the other way. But gsp admitted he took serra lightly. Mike had a short camp against a guy who had previously battered him.

Back