Bigger Jaw Dropping HOLY F*** moment (holly holm leg kick or aldo KO)

Actually a good question. The moment that gave me immense joy was the Holly Ko.

Aldo getting KO'd in 13 seconds, felt less surprising for some reason.

Aldo

Rousey wasn't a huge surprise in that the preceding minutes of the fight already favoured Holm so it was kinda the culmination of the fight

Mcgregor, that punch just happened

Neither predicted both.

Happy to see both though.

Biggest Jaw dropping moment for me was Gsp losing to Serra I was adamant GSP would walk through Serra and when he won I was utterly floored.

Actually even bigger then GSP and more recent was the utter dismantling of Cruise by Cody........ I really had no clue how good ol neck tats was.

Shocked me to the core actually.

Werdum subbing Fedor was more shocking than both combined.

Your question is answered by the response to each moment.

Holly Ko's Ronda: Finally.
Conor Ko's Aldo: Did that really just happen?

Sure, and Conor's boxing "sucks" in comparison to even low level amateur boxers. Not a single day goes by without people pointing that out.

Sometimes I wonder if people actually get the point of "MMA" or even like it to begin with, or if they're just here to point out that certain aspects of the fighter's game isn't elite level.

Fact is that Ronda was and is elite level in WMMA. You think WMMA sucks? Cool.
Silly argument because Conor is good at MMA. Ronda and everyone she faced isn't. Ronda wasn't just shit at one aspect of MMA. She was shit at MMA period.

I wasn't surprised at all by Conor v Aldo, I knew McGregor would destroy him.

Holm's headkick KO was insane!!

Silly argument because Conor is good at MMA. Ronda and everyone she faced isn't. Ronda wasn't just shit at one aspect of MMA. She was shit at MMA period.

She was "shit at mma", and yet no one was better. Or is, in fact. The ones she lost against has a worse record than she does.

Which brings us back to the old argument: wmma sucks. Which is your point, and it's valid. It's not a valid point, however, to say that Ronda sucks at wmma. She was the best at that, and to this date no one holds a legitimate claim to be better.

Aldo , for sure .
I';m not saying I predicted Holm to win but Ronda did have sloppy stand up so it wasn't such a big surprise she got picked apart .

She was "shit at mma", and yet no one was better. Or is, in fact. The ones she lost against has a worse record than she does.

Which brings us back to the old argument: wmma sucks. Which is your point, and it's valid. It's not a valid point, however, to say that Ronda sucks at wmma. She was the best at that, and to this date no one holds a legitimate claim to be better.
You don't get credit for being the best 'bad' fighter. They all made a lot of money. Good on them, but they don't deserve the accolades that come with being good at something when they aren't.

Rousey had been hyped beyond what any other female fighter had been. So, I'll go with Holly.

No, she made it last long enough so nobody could say it was a fluke, but she didn't make it a fight. She was outstruck the entire fight, got countered the entire fight, had her takedowns stuffed the majority of the fight, one takedown she did get, Holm got up immediately. There was no successful offensive or defensive output from Ronda that would constitute her "making it a fight." She survived a beating for about 7 minutes is about the best that I can say for it.

Actually re-watched the fight last night. Round 1 was dominate but not as crazy as you make it out to be, Rhonda legit buckled Holy once, maybe twice. So yes, it was a fight.

You don't get credit for being the best 'bad' fighter. They all made a lot of money. Good on them, but they don't deserve the accolades that come with being good at something when they aren't.

But they are. They were, or are, the worlds best at wmma. It's indisputable.

That's like saying Fedor wasn't ever the best, cuz he got beat later on, or Maradona (soccer...) not being the best cuz he wouldn't have had the skills to play around in todays field of competitors.

Holly was taking Ronda apart in the first round, so the KO looked pretty likely in between rounds...... nobody other than Conor supporters expected Conor to starch Aldo the way he did, and I dont even think we thought he'd do it that quick

You could see the Ronda knockout coming as the fight progressed. McGregor knocking out Aldo was truly a WTF moment.

ffs,everybody who's even semi trained knew ronda was gonna come unstuck against a counter punch with good movement,i won big on holly. conner fought a long reigning champion who was considered ,at the least top 3 all time,and blasted him out,nobody,except conner, expected that.

Holly easily. Aldo ran in like an idiot, Ronda was torn limb from limb, chewed up and spit out and then finally ended with that epic kick. It's not close

Holm KO wasn't really that surprising.

Don't get me wrong,I was confident Ronda was gonna win by first round armbar, but she's always had RIDICULOUSLY sloppy striking and it makes sense someone like Holm would pick her apart. After the first 3 minutes it was obvious she was goin out.

Back