Bigger Jaw Dropping HOLY F*** moment (holly holm leg kick or aldo KO)

OnMcGregorNutz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Which moment in UFC history was more jaw dropping HOLY FUCK couldnt believe it.....

Holly Holm head kick on Ronda or....

....Conor Mcgregor 13 second KO

I wish a poll could be added you get to choose one.

Although Ronda finally getting murked was beautiful I still go with Mcgregor KOing Aldo in 13 sec. as the more jaw dropping moment for me. I remember literally jumping off the couch when aldo fell going nuts in disbelief of what I just saw

Last edited:
c781b103de6673a0a52375043bbd8be6.gif

I'm not sure about betting lines, but I would guess that Conor- Aldo was pretty even and Ronda - Holly was way in favor of Ronda.

So there's that.

Obviously you gotta take the 13 seconds into account, as that was truly spectacular - Ronda at least made it a fight.

The Aldo KO happened so fast. It was kind of anti-climatic after all the hype and promotion. Holly was lighting Ronda up in the first round and you knew something was about to happen.

One was a 1 year in the making fight filled with savage trolling, lasted 13 seconds and devastated half of Sherdog as the haters drowned in their own tears while the rest of us rejoiced. McGregor arrived and has bulldozed the game since then.

Another was a olympian who was dropping boxing champions with body shots, trained by a legendary coach, fighting some woman who was not impressive then, and hasn't been since. In a fight that was closer to bullfighting than it was MMA, Holly massacred Ronda.

Hard to tell, but since I enjoyed the hater tears more than I enjoyed us all unified under one banner, I will vote McGregor.

Overall, Conor.

I almost expected Conor to win. I bet on him and picked him, but obviously, having never seen Aldo lose in a decade, it was tough to be sure.

Holly, on the other hand, was not even close to being a favorite, imo. I actually considered her to be the dark horse of the division too, but this was still a boxer/judoka matchup. I picked Ronda.

So, on paper, it's Holly. No doubt.

But Conor literally made my jaw drop when he floored Aldo in 13 seconds. Holly gave me 6 minutes to warm up. If you had asked me between rounds who I picked to win, I'd have picked Holly.

You just can't top a 13 second KO over the divisional GOAT and top p4p fighter.

{<Mcgoat}

{<RR}

Aldo easily, the Ronda ko was great(I legit screamed and ran around my house for 5 minutes in excitement) but it was more of an exclamation mark on a great performance while the Aldo KO was truly shocking.

I'm not sure about betting lines, but I would guess that Conor- Aldo was pretty even and Ronda - Holly was way in favor of Ronda.

So there's that.

Obviously you gotta take the 13 seconds into account, as that was truly spectacular - Ronda at least made it a fight.

No, she made it last long enough so nobody could say it was a fluke, but she didn't make it a fight. She was outstruck the entire fight, got countered the entire fight, had her takedowns stuffed the majority of the fight, one takedown she did get, Holm got up immediately. There was no successful offensive or defensive output from Ronda that would constitute her "making it a fight." She survived a beating for about 7 minutes is about the best that I can say for it.

IF i have to choose from those two, easily the Aldo one. Rousey got her ass beat for the entire round before so it didn't have the same effect.

My biggest jaw dropping moment, and I literally had my jaw drop for a good 30 seconds when I watched this happen, sitting in front of my computer in the middle of the night. I'm talking about when Anderson Silva frontkick KOd Vitor Belfort. Wow.

Oh, and maybe the Kongo comeback vs Barry too.

Which moment in UFC history was more jaw dropping HOLY FUCK couldnt believe it.....

Holly Holm leg to Rondas head or....
....Conor Mcgregor 13 second KO
I wish a poll could be added you get to choose one.

Although Ronda finally getting murked was beautiful I still go with Mcgregor KOing Aldo in 13 sec. as the more jaw dropping moment for me. I remember literally jumping off the couch when aldo fell going nuts in disbelief of what I just saw

Conor was more sudden and shocking, Holm's ko was more beautiful. I could see an opening for the kick when Holm pushed Rousey off and Holm didn't disappoint.

No, she made it last long enough so nobody could say it was a fluke, but she didn't make it a fight. She was outstruck the entire fight, got countered the entire fight, had her takedowns stuffed the majority of the fight, one takedown she did get, Holm got up immediately. There was no successful offensive or defensive output from Ronda that would constitute her "making it a fight." She survived a beating for about 7 minutes is about the best that I can say for it.

I wasn't actually trying to dispute that. Was just trying to rationalize what was the biggest holy fuck moment. Aldo getting ko'ed in an (betting wise) somewhat even fight, or Ronda getting ko'ed.

Odds of Ronda losing were definitely higher than the ones of Aldo. Then again the Aldo ko happened so fast that the 13 seconds alone could be said to have made it more of a holy fuck moment.

Aldo easily, the Ronda ko was great(I legit screamed and ran around my house for 5 minutes in excitement) but it was more of an exclamation mark on a great performance while the Aldo KO was truly shocking.

yes that was the word i was missing. "shocking"

could not believe it

Aldo KO was Holy shit moment

Holly knocking Ronda's head off was a Fuck Yeah moment

The Conor KO. Even Stevie Wonder saw that it wasn't going to end well for Ronda. Nice finishing touch though.

I wasn't actually trying to dispute that. Was just trying to rationalize what was the biggest holy fuck moment. Aldo getting ko'ed in an (betting wise) somewhat even fight, or Ronda getting ko'ed.

Odds of Ronda losing were definitely higher than the ones of Aldo. Then again the Aldo ko happened so fast that the 13 seconds alone could be said to have made it more of a holy fuck moment.
I agree on it being a bigger holy fuck moment, but that's mainly because Ronda was getting destroyed the entire fight so a headkick KO just seemed like a mercy kill at the time. Aldo came in and just got KO'd during the first exchange and the fight was over before most fights even start (the whole feeling out process for like the first minute).

Overall, Conor.

I almost expected Conor to win. I bet on him and picked him, but obviously, having never seen Aldo lose in a decade, it was tough to be sure.

Holly, on the other hand, was not even close to being a favorite, imo. I actually considered her to be the dark horse of the division too, but this was still a boxer/judoka matchup. I picked Ronda.

So, on paper, it's Holly. No doubt.

But Conor literally made my jaw drop when he floored Aldo in 13 seconds. Holly gave me 6 minutes to warm up. If you had asked me between rounds who I picked to win, I'd have picked Holly.

You just can't top a 13 second KO over the divisional GOAT and top p4p fighter.

{<Mcgoat}

{<RR}
Holly was at one time a 13 to 1 underdog. I think at fight time she was still 8 to 1 underdog. IMO Holly got the most YELLS out of bars and viewers when she head kicked RR. I watched both live and the difference was Huge... HOLLY FIGHT IS THE BIG WINNER

Aldo, Rousey was already getting chewed up before the kick.

The sustained beating Holly put on Ronda eliminated any fluke factor, and being that she was such an underdog against Ronda's hype train, I've gotta go with that one.

Back