Bigfoot Silva vs. Cain Velasquez 1 is the Most Dominant Performance in Heavyweight History

1.gif

Fucken love heavyweight DC

Drunk as fuck btw

Completely subjective topic. Is a quick finish more dominant or a drawn out beating? For the latter, I'd take Randy's absolute thrashing of Tim Sylvia. I don't remember Tim landing a single significant strike across 5 rounds which is insane.

But the weight cut must have been brutal for the guy. He is a near 300 lb guy fighting at the 265 lb limit of the unified rules for the HW division.
Yea he was the perfect candidate for Brock at the time for a SHW division.

That same Bigfoot crushed a near prime Fedor. Just shows the discrepancy in talent between the evolved HWs and the old school guys.
Bigfoot was nearly flat-lined by Mike Kyle 2 months before his fight with Fedor. There's no discrepancy in talent.

Yea he was the perfect candidate for Brock at the time for a SHW division.
28829.jpg

Bigfoot was 350 pounds in EliteXC. He was arguably bigger than Brock.

When they booked Cain/Bigfoot 2, I was like how in the world is Cain going to live up to that first performance? Then he smokes him in 1 minute.

Tim Sylvia vs Wesley (Cabbage) Correia

Tim absolutely crushed him....a complete one sided beating and testament to the legendary granite chin of Correia.

Actually the top 10 have an average age of 34.5 so they would be technically closer to 30 than 40 years old. AND the only reason it’s as high as 34.5 is because 44 year old Hunt is #10 but had they put Ivanov at #10 instead of #11 it would have been 33.2 years old. Either way you are WRONG.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/2/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-133675

I was referring to the UFC HW division, which has an average age of 35, and has 4 fighters in the top 10 contenders that are either 40 or within a year of turning 40 and only two fighters in their 20's.

I was referring to the UFC HW division, which has an average age of 35, and has 5 fighters in the top 10 contenders that are either 40 or within a year of turning 40 and only two fighters in their 20's.

Well you said top 10 and didn’t specify…also don’t see ufc listed in the posters post you initially replied to…

Well you said top 10 and didn’t specify…also don’t see ufc listed in the posters post you initially replied to…

No, I didn't specify.

If we included HWs outside of the UFC, I think the entire HW landscape would be different. It would certainly be younger if only because of Minakov, Ivanov and Pavlovich. I suspect there's a few others that could possibly crack the top 10 within a year or two.

Beast performance. Poor Bigfoot has taken so much fucking damage in his career.

People are going to think you're hating (and you might be) but that fight was pretty brutal + dominant.

How was that so dominant if he lost the first round ?

I see you don't like Cain but c'mon now.

This has gotta be the most brutal and flawless performance in the history of the UFC heavyweight division. Cain was coming into the fight following a loss to JDS and Bigfoot was coming off of a loss to DC so both guys had something to prove. The way Cain just caught the first kick and absolutely mauled the much bigger man in Silva looked like something out of a horror movie. Then he targeted the cut after he split Silva open. Can you think of a more dominating performance in heavyweight history than this fight?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

11_Velasquez_Silva_06.jpg

Ok I guess for me my picks from the top of my head:

Cain vs JDS 2 and 3
Cain vs BigFoot 1 and 2
Fedor vs Tim was also as dominant as you can be, wish it took longer in fact
Carwin pushed Mir in that fence and blasted him silly
Brock went on the ground with Mir and changed his face

How was that so dominant if he lost the first round ?

I see you don't like Cain but c'mon now.

I watched that fight a few times recently and I'm not so sure about who won the first round. Cain scored a few takedowns that he purposely did nothing with, but Werdum landed the most meaningful offense and Cain was way more damaged going to his corner. It was all downhill from there.

Really depends on your judging philosophy

Back