Bigfoot is proud of Greg Hardy and says he's dedicated toward his future UFC career

Wrong.

20091206112657_IMG_0783.JPG
Who is this?

With all of this athlete talk, it reminds me of Vernon Davis. Dude was a 6'3 tight end that weighed 250 but ran a 4.38 on that 40 and had a 42 inch vertical. He didn't turn out to be the best player, but dude was a freak athlete.

He'll likely get KO'd by a stiff breeze, I know jackshit about handthrowtackleball but he's probably taken more brain trauma than frank mir lol. All this talk about NFL athletes being so great, is a bit of a stretch too considering all the horse meat they are on.
on the other hand It could be a good sign for the HW division, bringing a lot more attention to it, maybe getting a few more good athletes interested at the same time.

nfl guys have great endurance now?

that 2nd gif is like x2 speed lol, usain bolt can't run that fast

It's not about the speed of the gif. It's about a 270 lbs man chasing down a world class athlete WR in Amari Cooper

No shit Sherlock. The point is that he could catch up to a running back who is 70 lbs. lighter.

meh I'm not that impressed, the small fella stumbled and the big guy was already running when the little guy took off. not to mention the small guys change of angles. it's exaggerated. still fairly impressive I'll give him that but it's not going to help him in mma.

meh I'm not that impressed, the small fella stumbled and the big guy was already running when the little guy took off. not to mention the small guys change of angles. it's exaggerated. still fairly impressive I'll give him that but it's not going to help him in mma.

Cooper stumbled at the end of that of the run, literally the couple of seconds before the tackle. Tapper was closing the distance the entire time.

Tapper was recorded running the 40-yard dash 4.59 seconds at 270+ lbs, a record for the NFL combine.

http://www.stack.com/a/271-pound-de...s-nfl-combine-record-with-a-4-59-40-yard-dash

That's not "fairly impressive." It's extraordinary athleticism.

Cooper stumbled at the end of that of the run, literally the couple of seconds before the tackle. Tapper was closing the distance the entire time.

Tapper was recorded running the 40-yard dash 4.59 seconds at 270+ lbs, a record for the NFL combine.

http://www.stack.com/a/271-pound-de...s-nfl-combine-record-with-a-4-59-40-yard-dash

That's not "fairly impressive." It's extraordinary athleticism.

the stumble still helped the big dude catch him sooner (maybe he would of caught him without idk), so did the change of angles from the little guy, so did the fact that the big guy was already running when he took off as i said.
I wonder how fast all these times would be with adequate drug testing in the nfl. you gotta take that into consideration.
but yes admittedly it is impressive I just think it's being over exaggerated a little in that clip. and speeding the gif up adds to that.

So I think we're getting a little too caught-up in "which NFL positions have the best overall athletes".

The point is, for Greg Hardy to be a Pro Bowl caliber Defensive End means that he's in the upper echelon of NFL athletes.

Beyond that, MMA obviously has a lower barrier to entry as compared to say, Boxing. In MMA, we've seen people come in, train for a few years and then make it to the UFC.

No one is saying that you can be a champion straight out of the gate, but there are a whole lot of fucking stiffs in the Heavyweight division.

If Hardy is truly committed to learning all the basics in 2 years, with a focus on takedown defense, conditioning and the stand-up game, then you know what ? He may well be able to carve out a very nice career.

Hardy vs Browne for Intercontinental Domestic Violence belt

He said he is still entering football training camp though, not sure how that's going to work. I have high hopes for him via A level athleticism but if he can't do it 100% then meh.

I am not sure how to feel about it. I think he could be good, but it would be really hard to root for the guy.

You think Greg Hardy is any more athletic than Curtis Blaydes?

I'm one of the most vocal Blaydes fans on this forum but....

Yes, I think Greg Hardy is undoubtedly a better athlete than Curtis, and to suggest otherwise is pretty ridiculous.

Greg Hardy would be the best athlete the UFC has had.

IMO edge pass rushers/ defensive ends are the best athletes in the NFL even more than cornerbacks and wide receivers.

Agreed. At the very least, the most athletic big men.

Agreed. At the very least, the most athletic big men.
Yea, look at how Brock Lesnar did and he couldnt even make the cut in the NFL. Greg Hardy was a starter and was up there with the top guys at his position. I realize he had his wrestling pedigree, but just the athleticism alone is a different animal to deal with at that weight.

being a football player means absolutely nothing in this sport. You think Greg Hardy is any more athletic than Curtis Blaydes? At least Blaydes has a wrestling pedigree and hes not even a top 50 hw in the world yet. a 30 year old guy isnt just going to pick up mma without any base training for years. Brock did it because he was an actual collegiate wrestler and lets face it he was roided to the gills and his game is all about power. Greg Hardy might be big and scary but that doesnt mean shit in mma, not even the hw division. Another big baby marcus davis level prospect getting ko'd in his first fight.
Being a football player means nothing in the UFC because of a lack of the various skills necessary for success in MMA. I completely agree with you there.

But then you go one step further and suggest Blaydes is as athletic as Greg Hardy. And that's where you'd be wrong. Greg Hardy was a top tier player in a top tier league in a top tier sport and he played arguably the most athletically demanding position. Blaydes is more than likely a much better fighter than hardy will ever be, but he sure as hell will never have the purely athletic skills Hardy has already shown.

Yea, look at how Brock Lesnar did and he couldnt even make the cut in the NFL. Greg Hardy was a starter and was up there with the top guys at his position. I realize he had his wrestling pedigree, but just the athleticism alone is a different animal to deal with at that weight.
Lesnar definitely had the natural athletic talent to make it in the NFL as a linebacker or defensive lineman. He was lacking the football skills needed to compete at that level from my understanding.

With all of this athlete talk, it reminds me of Vernon Davis. Dude was a 6'3 tight end that weighed 250 but ran a 4.38 on that 40 and had a 42 inch vertical. He didn't turn out to be the best player, but dude was a freak athlete.
If he had a qb in San Francisco he would have been so much better. He had a nice little career resurgence this season with the Redskins

If he had a qb in San Francisco he would have been so much better. He had a nice little career resurgence this season with the Redskins
I was pretty excited when we got him in Denver, followed by disappointment when he didn't do anything for us.

Good job, ATT. Let's train this unstable sociopathic woman beater to be a more effective fighter. Quality gym you guys are running there.

Back