Bigfoot is proud of Greg Hardy and says he's dedicated toward his future UFC career

Dana would sign him in a heart beat, regardless of how bat shit crazy this dude is. If he wins his first 2-3 fights, he'l be in the octagon quick as fuck.

Greg Hardy would be the best athlete the UFC has had.

IMO edge pass rushers/ defensive ends are the best athletes in the NFL even more than cornerbacks and wide receivers.

IMO edge pass rushers/ defensive ends are the best athletes in the NFL even more than cornerbacks and wide receivers.
I agree with you. 250lbs. guys who can run a 4.5-4.4 40 yard dash are scary.

I think Hardy could have a good career. The guy is legit freak athlete !!! Just train hard and take it serious.

I agree. Combo of size, strength, and quickness

Spoken like a true handegg pleb.

Running backs and safeties require more athleticism.

Pass rushers simply have to outmaneuver fat Offensive Tackles.

Running backs block, pass catch, and need burst and elusiveness to get past the front 7

Safety's require agility similar to wide receivers and can hit like linebackers.

Honey Badger for example:

Hit stick
acy_gif.jpg

Acceleration
bofTyeZ.gif

Bigfoot should stay in the woods where belongs.

Ronda would beat him.. under the right circumstance

Running backs block, pass catch, and need burst and elusiveness to get past the front 7

Safety's require agility similar to wide receivers and can hit like linebackers.

Hit stick
acy_gif.jpg

Acceleration
bofTyeZ.gif
I think a lot of factors play into this. You brought up Tyrann Mathieu, well I can show you several athletes who tested better athletically than him while much, much bigger.

One that comes to the top of my head without searching is Bud Dupree. He's a 6'4 265 pass rusher and had better athletic test times than Tyrann Mathieu is, who is half his size. Pass rushers are the better athletes relative to size, imo. There are many nuances to playing DE/OLB. It's a lot more complex than you're making it sound.

Vic Beasley is another one, (6'3 255) that tested very similarly to someone like Tyrann Mathieu who you brought up while being way bigger.

Imagine this guy, who's just as athletic as one of the athletes you mentioned but twice as big, trying to run you down and take your head off. Big difference:

Ouch-01_i0cwj5.gif

Last edited:
being a football player means absolutely nothing in this sport. You think Greg Hardy is any more athletic than Curtis Blaydes? At least Blaydes has a wrestling pedigree and hes not even a top 50 hw in the world yet. a 30 year old guy isnt just going to pick up mma without any base training for years. Brock did it because he was an actual collegiate wrestler and lets face it he was roided to the gills and his game is all about power. Greg Hardy might be big and scary but that doesnt mean shit in mma, not even the hw division. Another big baby marcus davis level prospect getting ko'd in his first fight.

Hit stick
acy_gif.jpg

Acceleration
bofTyeZ.gif
It's arguable.
Tackles may be fat but they are huge dudes, it's not easy to get past someone like Tyrone Smith. It requires incredible athleticism. The power, speed and endurance is what makes edge pass rushers stand out. Someone like Vic Beasley Jr or Dante Fowler, it's not like some of them don't drop back to coverage.

It's arguable, but safeties and RBs are also great athletes. AP in his prime was a sensational athlete.

I think a lot of factors play into this. You brought up Tyrann Mathieu, well I can show you several athletes who tested better athletically than him while much, much bigger.

One that comes to the top of my head without searching is Bud Dupree. He's a 6'4 265 pass rusher and had better athletic test times than Tyrann Mathieu is, who is half his size. Pass rushers are the better athletes relative to size, imo. There are many nuances to playing DE/OLB. It's a lot more complex than you're making it sound.

The combine doesn't necessarily test ALL facets of athleticism.

Elusiveness, quickness(not in line speed i.e. 40 time) coordination, agility, etc can only be measured to a certain extent.

Look at Jarvis Landry, the dude had a putrid combine and looks NOTCHES above most WRs with better combines on the field when it comes to athleticism.

Same with Tyrann Mathieu. He can hit, cover, return, etc.

Point IS while there are some athletic freaks at DE in the NFL, you can't simply give them the nod on athleticism simply due to "size tho".

For example: They can't make a play on the ball as nimbly as DBs can.

The combine doesn't necessarily test ALL facets of athleticism.

Elusiveness, quickness(not in line speed i.e. 40 time, coordination, agility, etc can only be measured to a certain extent.

Look at Jarvis Landry, the dude had a putrid combine and looks NOTCHES above most WRs with better combines on the field when it comes to athleticism.

Same with Tyrann Mathieu. He can hit, cover, return, etc.

Point IS while there are some athletic freaks at DE in the NFL, you can't simply give them the nod on athleticism simply due to "size tho".

For example: They can't make a play on the ball as nimbly as DBs can.
I see your argument. I guess its all on a case by case basis but I'd still make the argument that as far as "pure athleticism" goes, which takes into account everything including size, that DE/OLB is the most athletic position but like I said that's dependent on throwing size into the mix. DBs and RBs would take the cake easily if this wasn't included though.

Hit stick
acy_gif.jpg

Acceleration
bofTyeZ.gif

I appreciate the thought you put into it, but you don't watch enough football.

Back