Big Mike Perry fan here... but he lost. Fair & Square.

Peteyandjia

Spring Saku
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Ponzinibbio took his fair share of damage too, but ultimately he outlasted Perry, and was able to take over the 3rd.

Perry will be back, but let's give it up for Ponzi. He may have 1/10th the star appeal of Platinum, but he did some solid work tonight.

Great fight.

charlie-sheen-emilio-garbage-men-applauding-men-at-work.gif

Yeah it was not a one-sided affair at all damage wise..

Ponzi tried his very best, til he got tired as hell as well, his hands were full..

Ponzinibbio took his fair share of damage too, but ultimately he outlasted Perry, and was able to take over the 3rd.

Perry will be back, but let's give it up for Ponzi. He may have 1/10th the star appeal of Platinum, but he did some solid work tonight.

Great fight.

charlie-sheen-emilio-garbage-men-applauding-men-at-work.gif

See, not all Mike Perry fans a sad fucking douchebags.

Props to you sir.

Congratulations for Ponzi for outpointing Perry under the Unified Rules. Their faces in the end of the fight tell a different tale though

So can we call him fairy since the hype is over?

Not a perry fan here.

That eye poked changed the fight imo.

Perry is an exciting fighter, what's not to like?

He might not be a top-level guy, but he's good for KO's. Enjoy him for what he is. :)

Didn't watch. Never been a fan of the platinum overhype. Good kid, bright future... but a long way to go. Should have been made abundantly clear since the Jouban fight

Maybe if more Perry fans acted like this, he'd catch less hate right now.

I've only watched 2 Perry fights, and I'm not really sold on him.

this fight, he lost because of cardio. i would complain/bitch because ponz took him down at the end there, and just held him down. But he was tired, and i guess that could be classified as strategy.

but I'm a just bleed fan sometimes and just wanted a slugfest at the end there.

Congratulations for Ponzi for outpointing Perry under the Unified Rules. Their faces in the end of the fight tell a different tale though

A fight isn't just about faces though, even if you want to remove the scorecards & just be real, it's about who is the last one standing. Perry was fading more than Ponzi, who was picking his shots better & laying on the hurt as the final round wore on. I'm sure Perry will learn & grow from this, Platinum will come back strong, but this was Ponzi's night.

I've only watched 2 Perry fights, and I'm not really sold on him.

this fight, he lost because of cardio. i would complain/bitch because ponz took him down at the end there, and just held him down. But he was tired, and i guess that could be classified as strategy.

but I'm a just bleed fan sometimes and just wanted a slugfest at the end there.

Perry ate a ton of clean shots and a bunch of leg kicks that he somehow hasn't learned to check. He lost because he was the inferior fighter. Ponzi was tired as hell in the 3rd as well.

Without that granite chin, Ponzi would have finished him in the 2nd.

Really enjoyed it. Perry still has a lot to work on. But both have a future in the UFC. His fighting style... Excitement!!!

Ponz won, but it was a good fight and a hell of a lot closer then Perry Haters will give him credit for, it was anyone's fight until the spinning backfist takedown imo.

#PlatinumNation will be fine.

@whaleshark where you at.

Only douchebags I’ve seeen are the haterz to be honest. Dorks can’t handle a little hype, acting all holier than thou.
Platinum is a beast, raw and uncut
Ponzi is cool but those eyepokes man come on

Perry still just a young growing prospect

Ponz won, but it was a good fight and a hell of a lot closer then Perry Haters will give him credit for, it was anyone's fight until the spinning backfist takedown imo.

#PlatinumNation will be fine.

@whaleshark where you at.
I don't think anyone is denying that it was close, the judges got it right it right 2 round to 1.

I don't think anyone is denying that it was close, the judges got it right it right 2 round to 1.
You haven't been reading then, because just about everyone who hates Perry or his fans or whatever is saying he got merked, it wasn't close, he's a bum, he didn't belong and yada yada yada. I agree as any honest person would that it was 2-1 Ponz, but I still think the fight was there to be won by either and Ponz snatched it with that Spinning Backfist TD.

Perry looked flat-footed. Had a single minded approach as well. Ponz isn't more dangerous, he simply out-played a guy who prepared very few plays to make.

Perry needs to stop telegraphing and actually work angles/setups. He has the power, but he looked utterly terrible at disguising his delivery of it.

Back