Big John weighs in on the stoppage...

I was rooting for Kevin. Nothing you said makes any difference. He did not tap. End of story.

<TrumpWrong1>
That's not the end of the story.

If you are getting choked and you stop defending and let your arms go limp and your hand makes a slight tapping motion you will most likely get accused of tapping or going out.

It's his fault he made it look like that to the ref.
You don't want to have the fight called ? Keep defending and let the ref know you're OK.

What he did looked like tapping and/or going out so the ref did his job.

No one to blame but himself.

Chiesa looked like a dying T-rex. Good stoppage.

<TrumpWrong1>
That's not the end of the story.

If you are getting choked and you stop defending and let your arms go limp and your hand makes a slight tapping motion you will most likely get accused of tapping or going out.

It's his fault he made it look like that to the ref.
You don't want to have the fight called ? Keep defending and let the ref know you're OK.

What he did looked like tapping and/or going out so the ref did his job.

No one to blame but himself.

This is simply incorrect. You're not worth talking to if you're going to make up your own facts

This is simply incorrect. You're not worth talking to if you're going to make up your own facts

What ?
Everything I said actually happened.
He stopped defending and let his arms hang loosely and his hand moved slightly back and forth.
It looked like a tap when someone is trying not to tap but they tap involuntarily anyway and get all upset after not because they didn't tap but really because they didn't want to.

I'm not saying that's definitely what happened, just that he made it look enough like that so that you can't fault the ref.

What ?
Everything I said actually happened.
He stopped defending and let his arms hang loosely and his hand moved slightly back and forth.
It looked like a tap when someone is trying not to tap but they tap involuntarily anyway and get all upset after not because they didn't tap but really because they didn't want to.

I'm not saying that's definitely what happened, just that he made it look enough like that so that you can't fault the ref.
it doesnt matter if that what's happened or not. It is completely irrelevant. He did not tap. You can't just state a waving hand warrants a stoppage. It's asinine.

Usually I rip Mario to pieces and this stoppage was clearly a BS stoppage but... I feel for him here. I feel like he really though Chiesa is about to tap and his brain told him to stop him before the actual tap. I thought Chiesa is going to tap this very second too. He jumped the gun on that one for sure but I can see why. Unfortunate.

I think honestly it was pretty clear the fight was ending in the next 10 seconds so I don't think a NC is justified.

I think making it a NC effectively nullifies what was otherwise a great victory.

It was an early stoppage but Kevin Lee earned the W. Chiesa was going to sleep. He had tried to roll out of the position and got stuck in no man's land with no oxygen and with no options but tap or sleep. It simply wasn't the ref's job to make the decision for him.

it doesnt matter if that what's happened or not. It is completely irrelevant. He did not tap. You can't just state a waving hand warrants a stoppage. It's asinine.

Now you're just being ignorant.

If you do something that closely resembles tapping or going out while being choked because you chose to stop defending and just let your arms hang then you can't blame the ref for thinking you tapped.

He can only go by what he sees, not what is in your head.

Kevin absolutely would have won in the next few seconds regardless.

That said, the ref did not follow the rules. So technically it should be a no contest.

BUT in the court of public opinion, rankings, etc... Kevin Lee dominated that fight and won easy.

Back