Big John mistake... should it be reversed/changed to NC?

here's my take.
krause had 5 minutes to recover from the first kick in the nuts, and he didnt take the full advantage of that.
krause had another 5 minutes to recover from the second kick in the nutes, and he didnt take advantage of that either.
after only a minute or two after taking two kicks in the nuts, any kick in the lower ab should almost feel like a nutshot. i wouldve taken my time and rested full time if i were krause.
i dont fault green for the 3rd kick which was on the lower ab, especially after getting a point deducted. i dont fault big john either.

btw, when i get hit in the nuts, i can barely move. krause sprang up real fast when big john ended the fight.

As was already stated. It hit the TOP of the cup. which ends right at the waist line. Just cause you hit the cup, doesn't mean it's a low blow. As far as I know, a guys balls are not at his waist. Maybe colton is an alien, lol

I don't mean to offend you, or come like "you never fought in your life" crap.

But if you wore a cup and had the unfortunate luck of getting kicked there, you probably know that any hit to the cup, it moves and reverberate to the balls also. And if the area is/was already tender, it magnifies it!

I can only imagine that after getting kicked twice, the whole area would be sore as hell; agree?

Again, not trying to sound offensive, just giving it a different light.

Last edited:
I'd like to see you try to convince me a legal shot should be a no contest.

How we would react is not relevant. We are not the ones fighting and taking TKO losses from shots to the lower abdomen.

Where did I ever say it should be a NC? Why would I try to convince you of something I don't believe?

What I believe should have happened was for Big John to not stop the fight. He should have told Krause the shot was legal and that he had to continue fighting. No reason the fight had to be stopped when it did.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f16/a-312223/ Just Saying

If he had a better cup, and compression shorts, he wouldn't be bitching about those groin shots so much. I've taken hard knees with one of these and was ok more or less.

41XN92Bh%2B6L.jpg

It should definitely be overturned, and Krause would be stupid not to try.

Where did I ever say it should be a NC? Why would I try to convince you of something I don't believe?

What I believe should have happened was for Big John to not stop the fight. He should have told Krause the shot was legal and that he had to continue fighting. No reason the fight had to be stopped when it did.

He did. He said "The shot was legal, get up." Krause laid belly flat and didn't get up until the second big john stopped the fight, then he was on his feet instantly.

Ref saw a legal blow (he saw it as legal whether it was or not) drop a guy on his face unwilling to fight. Fight stopped. TKO. Should've been a KO IMO.

No there really should be a reviewing process for extreme cases. Like when Anthony Johnson got his eye gouged out and it was ruled a TKO even though he had been repeatedly fouled.

Ref's are not all seeing and mistakes happen. We shouldn't treat their word as gospel. Neither should we nitpick though, save it for the serious mistakes

The 3 low blows...
It happens.

but the way the fight ended was beyond wrong.

I even understand BJM's perception, but he was wrong.

Question is: Can this be reversed?
Bobby Green & James Krause need to be moved to NC and redone IMO.

note: I love BJM. I consider him one of the best in the business; just don't agree with the decision.

the thing is it wasn't 3 low blows, it was 2 as big john called it.

it is what is green won and would have won if it wasn't stopped

Dude, OK, John didn't make a mistake.

Next time you get your balls smacked good, tap yourself in the lower stomach where Krause got kicked. It fucking hurts.

There was a mistake in the fight. By Krause. That's what happens when you don't take the full 5 minutes and still decide to continue. If you're still feeling it, you might get hurt by a legal shot to that lower stomach. Not John's fault. I criticize him for other stuff but he called it right. Legal shot, TKO.

What a shit show that was. Demanding Krause get up and stop complaining after the 2nd low blow... the ridiculous point deduction... then not hearing or seeing a foot hit his cup from 5 feet away and claiming it didn't.

Big John was an absolute disaster.

i like how you phrase it as a loaded question, the presumption being that we all agree the third was a low blow

If you have eyeball, it was. The stikers leg dragged across Kause's leg, pulling the alien head upward. It then struck the front of the cup, making it an illegal blow. Only then did it travel up to the black stripe.

1452540_590974374283053_152927537_n.jpg

11.gif

All I can say on the matter is if I was kicked in the cup I would not have been able to leap up like he did when he didn't get the call.

He did. He said "The shot was legal, get up." Krause laid belly flat and didn't get up until the second big john stopped the fight, then he was on his feet instantly.

^ I think that alone should already clear all doubt, if indeed BJM said that.

It doesn't matter whether you saw it was legal or not, THE REF saw it was legal and warned him, but he still insist on acting or not even "no sir! but but..." but just keep pretending. Even if you are really in pain from a low blow youc an still speak... ESPECIALLY if you have a clear enough presence of mind to get and up and protest afterwards, lol

Nothing more really needs to be said after that.

All I can say on the matter is if I was kicked in the cup I would not have been able to leap up like he did when he didn't get the call.

^ This too

You get kicked three times, the third time being the lesser strike, often?

It was an illegal strike.... and the third strike of its ilk. That's what matters. DQ. BJM was wrong.

Yeah, it was illegal.

After 2 near consecutive kicks and a point deduction, abandon that technique for a while.

Instead, the guy goes right back to it and hits cup.

Agreed with the guy that says it should be a DQ.

Actually yea, when you spar you did get hit quite often in the groin. Thats why you wear cups even when sparring.

But nothing comes even close to the cross bar on a bike to the groin. That one is the worse.

You get kicked three times, the third time being the lesser strike, often?

It was an illegal strike.... and the third strike of its ilk. That's what matters. DQ. BJM was wrong.

Back