Big John mistake... should it be reversed/changed to NC?

It was an amazingly difficult call to make and in all honesty it was the right one. No NC but rematch.

It was an amazingly difficult call to make and in all honesty it was the right one. No NC but rematch.

Well, Bellator had taught as that rematches caused by low blows tend to end just as badly though... Some awkward tension in the air, I guess. :icon_lol:

IMO they should indeed fight ASAP, but no rematch, lets just forget about this shit.

Big John holding it DOWN

gotta respect him

green was even upset at first when bjm called the fight not knowing he was calling it a tko, sure it didn't hit him square but after being hit twice in the nuts it has to be sore so even a half nut shot like the third one was still had to hurt and krause tried to milk it but it backfired. once he realised big john called it a tko he jumped right back up like nothing was wrong lol

i say call it a nc and do it over

Did people watch the fight on mute? I know Krause got abs but there's no way that a kick to the belt-line makes that sound. Any contact to the cup with a kick is illegal.

i just hope they dont use replays because of this. its part of a fight. shit happens. just like burns / rumble. just make them rematch

Did people watch the fight on mute? I know Krause got abs but there's no way that a kick to the belt-line makes that sound. Any contact to the cup with a kick is illegal.

i didnt hear it the last time.

It was a mistake by BJM so it wont be changed. But a rematch would be nice.
The last shot was under the belt line and as borderline as you can get. Huge mistake by BJM to let that slip. People saying it is totally fine to land kicks like that should stop watching MMA and stick with street fights.

This is going back a few years, but I remember watching Green, back when he said his style of fighting was "thug" vs. Dan Lauzon (at Affliction - Day of Reckoning) and Green kicked Lauzon in the pills about three times before DL choked him out. There were some who said DL was "milking" the shots, to be fair. Makes me wonder if Green will now be kept under a close eye like Palhares was.

The 3 low blows...
It happens.

but the way the fight ended was beyond wrong.

I even understand BJM's perception, but he was wrong.

Question is: Can this be reversed?
Bobby Green & James Krause need to be moved to NC and redone IMO.

note: I love BJM. I consider him one of the best in the business; just don't agree with the decision.

The 3rd kick wasn't a low blow dude, it was a body kick

Either Krause was legitimately knocked out or he was faking.

It was a mistake by BJM so it wont be changed. But a rematch would be nice.
The last shot was under the belt line and as borderline as you can get. Huge mistake by BJM to let that slip. People saying it is totally fine to land kicks like that should stop watching MMA and stick with street fights.

It wasn't under the belt line, it was a body kick. At worst case scenario if anything it was ON the belt line and MIGHT have grazed the cup, but i don't think it did

It wasn't under the belt line, it was a body kick. At worst case scenario if anything it was ON the belt line and MIGHT have grazed the cup, but i don't think it did

I get your point. But my point is, borderline shots like that shouldnt go unoticed as far as the ref go.
If a blow like that is landed, break the fight and let the fighter that threw the kick know that is was borderline and to watch for it. That seem like a reasonable behavior and that is what we normally see in MMA fights.
You can't let fighters throw those full force shots that are THAT low and THAT close to the groin without saying anything, it would be ridiculous and dangerous.

Then when you take into account that there was two previous illegal lowblow, the decision is even less understandable.

Everything should be put into perspective when making those decisions.

Either Krause was legitimately knocked out or he was faking.

Look at how quick he jumps up when he hears BJM say it was a TKO. That reaction is enough to tell you all you need to know.

BYb0EBWIYAACnoq.jpg:large

This is on or above the belt line? Guess I need better glasses.

And I made money off a TKO win for green LOL

it defintately hit the top of the cup which ur going to feel in ur balls. but it wasnt a direct low blow so its legal.

didn't he pop right up after he heard he lost?

It's pretty close to legal. Either way he was acting like he couldn't keep going so I can't blame jon. NC or he lost

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back