Big John mistake... should it be reversed/changed to NC?

i like how you phrase it as a loaded question, the presumption being that we all agree the third was a low blow

you could hear the cup being kicked on the 3rd one. not sure what you are talking about.

The 3 low blows...
It happens.

but the way the fight ended was beyond wrong.

I even understand BJM's perception, but he was wrong.

Question is: Can this be reversed?
Bobby Green & James Krause need to be moved to NC and redone IMO.

note: I love BJM. I consider him one of the best in the business; just don't agree with the decision.

I agree

BJM, is in my opinion, the best referee in the business. Herb dean is 2nd. Herb seems to stop fights a bit to early in my view. Not all the time, but i have seen a few times.

BJM, handled that fight perfectly. He took a point away when it warranted. The 3rd kick, was on the waist line, which is a perfectly legal strike. cole dropped down and tried to milk it. He was trying to get a dq win. Big john handled that fight as well as it could have been handled.

you could hear the cup being kicked on the 3rd one. not sure what you are talking about.

As was already stated. It hit the TOP of the cup. which ends right at the waist line. Just cause you hit the cup, doesn't mean it's a low blow. As far as I know, a guys balls are not at his waist. Maybe colton is an alien, lol

The third kick was miles from the groin. Go watch the replay. If you think the third kick hit the groin, you're insane.

I love how the most contentious part of the issue is definitively decided in the title of the thread. It's like getting news from Fox...

uhhhh...it's not that complicated other than your insisting that it was legal.

You have some replay angles that we don't?

Yeah, they have posted giant, blown up gifs, showing it clearly hitting the alienware logo and shows his cup clear as day, below where his foot lands.

I just used my eyes and looked at that gif. Any uncertainty I had was erased at that moment.

I am sorry your eyes don't work the same as mine. Perhaps an eye appointment, is in your immediate future?

I think the 3rd kick was borderline, and could have been called either way.

What determined BJM's call was how Krause responded to the kick. Krause was probably hurt by the kick, but his reaction looked like he was fishing for a DQ, and if you're going to act like that in an effort to have the fight stopped, you can't really argue with the result of the stoppage.

BYb0EBWIYAACnoq.jpg:large

This is on or above the belt line? Guess I need better glasses.

And I made money off a TKO win for green LOL

Yeah, I dunno what everyone is complaining about. That shot got nowhere near his nuts, even if it did touch the very top of the cup. You could tell, with the way the guy fell and then got up so quickly that he was looking to dramatize any potentially contentious shot. Big John did his job. He deducted a point when it needed to be deducted, and he called the fight on what he considered a legal blow. I agree with him.

I'd like to see any of you saying he was faking it take two kicks straight to the nuts and then a 3rd one that grazes the cup and see how you respond.

I'd like to see any of you saying he was faking it take two kicks straight to the nuts and then a 3rd one that grazes the cup and see how you respond.

I'd like to see you try to convince me a legal shot should be a no contest.

How we would react is not relevant. We are not the ones fighting and taking TKO losses from shots to the lower abdomen.

No. Leave it a loss to send a message to every other fighter in the business that no matter what, you keep fighting.

The guy was losing the fight so he decided to try and get a DQ win by acting like he couldn't continue from an illegal blow, only problem is it was to the lower stomach... Notice how when Big John said it was a tko the guy jumped up protesting and suddenly was fine.

BYb0EBWIYAACnoq.jpg:large

This is on or above the belt line? Guess I need better glasses.

And I made money off a TKO win for green LOL

But it doesn't really land there, so I'm not sure what's the point.

Toes dig into the thigh, so logically shin/feet cannot really make much contact with cup.

Then leg keeps going higher and hits his gut.

But really, the problem is that abdomen was probably close enough after two shots to the nads.

Dude should have rested longer after the second low blow, but hindsight is always 100%, I guess.

Yeah, I dunno what everyone is complaining about. That shot got nowhere near his nuts, even if it did touch the very top of the cup.

You must be one of those fans who listens on mute.

And even if the majority of the blow hit legal, he hit the cup obviously, making it an illegal strike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big John is just a douche that wants to be the main attraction of every fight he's reffing

I wish Big John would have yelled right away for Krause to fight on. Maybe Krause could have rolled over and got Green in his guard. I think Krause felt his balls being abused and just figured that it was an obvious illegal blow that the ref would see. If Big John didn't see it as an illegal blow then he called the rest of the fight correctly. It was only in slow motion that i though it was illegal as you could see the shin slide up his thigh and move the cup. There is also the possibility that Krause was totally acting to try and get another point.

A good analogy would be in footbal where a wide receiver gets tripped on his route and the corner picks off the pass and takes it to the house. No pass interference is called and the touchdown stands. But while watching the replay it is pretty obvious that it was pass intereference. Call cannot be reversed since it was a judgement call.

Back