Big John McCarty weighs in on the GOAT discussion: "Jon Jones is the best fighter I've ever seen"

He's so clearly better than everyone is he would have gone up to HW and made a run it would be so amazing. He should have kept striving and pushing instsead of getting bored and stupid at LHW.

@TrueFightFan Do you agree with widely regarded and MMA legend "Big" John McCarty ? He makes solid points
Is jon a great fighter? Yes. Is he the greatest? No. He has a huge size advantage at LHW and he walks around at 245lbs (his own words, not mine). If he were the "greatest", he would be fighting at HW and wouldn't have to resort to cheating in and out of the ring. He knows that he isn't, although his fans disagree with him, and so he can't help but take every advantage that he can to win. I do value Big John's opinion but I don't always agree with him.

You cant call a fighter goat who suspended 2 times for steroids,F..k man Big John is one of the most respected names in MMA and he is in the game since day 1,how the hell he makes such a fool comment

Yea I wonder why. Maybe because, like you said, he's been in the game and industry since day 1 and has a little more knowledge about the industry and what's going on behind the scenes than us fans?

<21>

No because steroids. They don't magically make you the best, but if they didn't dramatically increase performance fighters wouldn't risk their careers by taking them.

There's not a single sport where a known cheater is considered goat.

Lance and everybody knows it.

You cant call a fighter goat who suspended 2 times for steroids,F..k man Big John is one of the most respected names in MMA and he is in the game since day 1,how the hell he makes such a fool comment
You sound mad at the truth.

untitled-9j9swf.gif
Gotta love Bisping’s delivery here. The timing is perfect, not rushed, not drawn out. One of goat shit talkers with one of the goat burns.

TS is a two faced biased MMA fan. In one thread supports Fedor as a GOAT for beating steroid freaks in his prime. Next trash thread he further confirms how horrible a fan he is by supporting Jones. Get your shit straight. You either ignore steroids or you don't. You can't have it both ways.

Jones IS the most gifted fighter IMHO. But the facts cannot be ignored. AND save the bullshit that EVERYONE IS ON STEROIDS. Save it. Jones was caught twice. He got into a bunch of trouble that had him stripped of his title and forced to sit out a long period of his prime. He's got a pending suspension that may completely remove the rest of his prime altogether. He is the greatest talent ever. He's ALSO the greatest WASTE of talent ever.

Everyone with a brain already knows this, its the Jones hating crybaby bitches that stay in denial and bring up stupid crap like PED's is the only reason for his success, when in reality its his skill and talent that's not gifted through a pill.

Yea I wonder why. Maybe because, like you said, he's been in the game and industry since day 1 and has a little more knowledge about the industry and what's going on behind the scenes than us fans?

<21>
You re welcome

Anderson during his run surpasses Jones imo. All his fights had an amazing buzz around them because of the crazy stuff he was able to do in the octagon.

GSP Goat !

Is jon a great fighter? Yes. Is he the greatest? No. He has a huge size advantage at LHW and he walks around at 245lbs (his own words, not mine). If he were the "greatest", he would be fighting at HW and wouldn't have to resort to cheating in and out of the ring. He knows that he isn't, although his fans disagree with him, and so he can't help but take every advantage that he can to win. I do value Big John's opinion but I don't always agree with him.
Never heard Jones say him weighing 240 anything, its always been in the 230's, his size is so damn overrated its not even funny.

Jones is the same size as EVERY OTHER LHW IN THE UFC, he is 230 plus pounds with chicken legs, whats so huge about Jones?

Meanwhile Gus who is bigger than Jones is not considered having a size advantage over his opponents and is not ducking HW, the double standards for Jones is so damn played out.

bjm knows everyones on roids

Me too but he popped for roids and he fights guys way shorter than him...less range, etc....He wont be able to keep a hw at bay lmao...i wanna see him trying to keep distance with his arm on a hw...boy that would end well damn bad for him.

TS is a two faced biased MMA fan. In one thread supports Fedor as a GOAT for beating steroid freaks in his prime. Next trash thread he further confirms how horrible a fan he is by supporting Jones. Get your shit straight. You either ignore steroids or you don't. You can't have it both ways.

Jones IS the most gifted fighter IMHO. But the facts cannot be ignored. AND save the bullshit that EVERYONE IS ON STEROIDS. Save it. Jones was caught twice. He got into a bunch of trouble that had him stripped of his title and forced to sit out a long period of his prime. He's got a pending suspension that may completely remove the rest of his prime altogether. He is the greatest talent ever. He's ALSO the greatest WASTE of talent ever.
Lol Jones is far from a steroid freak. He comes into fight week at 215 lbs, he is in fact a small LHW weight wise. You are the kinda guy who thinks once you run a cycle you become Brock Lesnar, when in fact there's a huge spectrum of steroid use

Even if you think he's a roider many fighters have roided
Why are they not as good as Jones?
<puh-lease75>

Some people take medicine and it cures their illness, while others take medicine and it doesn't cure theirs...

Reality is, steroids help some more than others based on how their body responds.
I could bench more than you prior to both of us taking steroids, but then after getting on it, you could respond significantly better to the drug and then go on to outperform me by a significant margin.

This is the reality, and the truth, yet we want some to go in with an unfair advantage, while others don't. Simply not fair.

Jon Jones biggest attributes were size and reach advantage. I believe PEDs put him over the top giving him crazy cardio and strength. The guy has limited striking, unless you count eye pokes and oblique kicks. All of that and the dude still ducked heavyweight. And lol at fight IQ, i guess out lasting your opponents with ped cardio and being bigger equals fight IQ.

Im a fan of a juicer, yet i don't make bullshit excuses.Jones legacy is forever tainted except to the trolls who just wanna claim they are fans of the "GOAT " aka frontrunners.

Back