Big John McCarthy says Pennington's corner was wrong

• Thread starter Deleted member 460645
  • Start date
Its got nothing to do with us. All we want is blood.

You know this how? Again, people keep assuming they know how she feels or they know better then her herself.

Did you really expect her to throw her team under the bus on LIVE TV?

And people don't have to "assume" anything 'cause SHE SAID "I'M DONE"! She said how she felt at that moment.

Has anybody considered teh fact that maybe, just maybe, she IS in fact okay with what her corner did? Call me crazy, but maybe she is *gasp* actually okay with it.

You're crazy and she said "I'M DONE".

That's it. No way around that.

She verbally tapped but her Corner manipulated her into going back out there and take further damage to PROTECT THEIR BRAND, not the fighter.

Anything she stated afterward is pure spin and bullshit since it's very likely if she did tell them off, that she'd looking for a new gym.

tenor.gif

Her corner is horseshit and should have been fired.

Many disagree with you. Your opinion isn't the only one.
You're obviously very emotional about this, but there are points to be made to defend her corner.

Raquel would have regretted not going out for the 5th
She may never get another chance to fight for a world title
Your corner is there to motivate you, we've seen crazier comebacks in MMA
Why quit in a championship fight when there's still time on the clock?
She obviously wasn't as done as she thought she was, she did come out swinging
Raquel said herself they did the right thing. She could have insisted she was done, told the ref she was done and the fight would have been over. Her corner calmed her down and provided her with one last chance to win a UFC championship. She gave it her all and failed.
Had she succeeded everyone would be praising her corner.
This sport is not for the faint of heart. It's violent and brutal.
If that offends you you might want to watch something else.

Eddie Alvarez probably gave the best response to this so far.
He talks about how he wanted to quit against Melendez but Hooft pushed him out there and he won. This iant a black and white case. There's shades of grey in there.
2:07:30

No grey at all the corner violated her wishes to not continue the fight. Just because Hooft did it to Alvarez aswell does not make it right.

Great points. If the fighter says he or she is done then it's over. I don't give a shit about people saying shit. Don't take more damage than needed. It's a sport not life or death. You win some you lose some
The easiest thing to do is pull a PVZ and act like you passed out or went unconscious, so you can save face and 'go out on your shield'.

Many disagree with you. Your opinion isn't the only one.

So if my opinion isn't the only one, doesn't that mean that many agree with me, too? It's 50/50 as far as I'm concerned. I'm not going to convince the JUST-BLEED crowd just like you're not going to convince me that what her corner did was pure horseshit and needlessly endangered her personal well-being in the name of protecting their brand.

Raquel would have regretted not going out for the 5th

If she did have regrets AFTER the fight was over, that would be her problem 'cause she made the decision to her corner that she quit. It is only her corner's incompetence in looking out for their fighter's well-being that had her go back out for the 5th. She said "I'M DONE." to her corner. I don't know how much this needs to be said but she was telling her corner basically "Tell the Ref that I'm done".

She may never get another chance to fight for a world title

She got DOMINATED from RD 1 to RD 4. She was battered, bruised, and was gushing blood. She is NOT getting another title fight ever. So really...the only reason to send her back out there is for SELFISH REASONS.

Your corner is there to motivate you, we've seen crazier comebacks in MMA

Crazy comebacks where you have the KO power to put someone to sleep(every male fighter) or to have a Hail-Mary submission(ala Miesha Tate)? Pennington has NEITHER of the two. There was zero shot of her pulling a victory out of her ass at that point.

Why quit in a championship fight when there's still time on the clock?

I don't know. Why don't you ask Pennington since she herself said "I AM DONE"?

She obviously wasn't as done as she thought she was, she did come out swinging

Yeah. After getting shamed and manipulated into it. Her cornerman essentially told her "FUCK YOUR HEALTH, Pennington!! WE DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR WISHES!! ONLY THAT OUR GYM LOOK GOOD. SO GET OUT THERE AND GET KILLED!"

Raquel said herself they did the right thing. She could have insisted she was done, told the ref she was done and the fight would have been over. Her corner calmed her down and provided her with one last chance to win a UFC championship. She gave it her all and failed.

Raquel was not going to throw her corner under the bus here. PUBLICALLY, she'll say all the things her corner wanted to hear but I can't help but wonder if she got on their case in private when cameras weren't rollling.....

Had she succeeded everyone would be praising her corner.

If she succeeded, then that meant that Nunes slipped on a banana peel 'cause there was no way in hell Pennington had anything left for Nunes.

This sport is not for the faint of heart. It's violent and brutal.

It's not about how the sport is. It's about her corner doing their fucking jobs and they failed to do it.

If that offends you you might want to watch something else.

<3><3><3><3><3><3><3>

Back