Big John McCarthy says Pennington's corner was wrong

• Thread starter Deleted member 460645
  • Start date
Your argument is stupid. If she didn't want to fight she did not have to. A fighter is allowed to QUIT AT ANY TIME. Period. A corner is not allowed by octagon law to throw in the towel.

This woman is tougher than you could even imagine yourself being.Get over it. Cry less.

Fucking PVZ did a jump kick that stopped the Bec fight. Get fucking real.

But she does not do those even when fresh. All she had left was weak ass arm punches.

She'll never get another title shot and if she got a takedown and a hail mary sub with Nunes by chance gassing you wouldn't even be talking about it. It's all hindsight nonsense from the soft new age fans.
You're just some crazy just bleed fan, who wanted her to pour more blood, you don't believe this bullshit was possible.

He sent me and only me the link. You can have it from me for one billion dollars.

Or you can, you know, wait like a day for him to upload it. Seriously, it will be up within a day or two. Why the hell did you make a thread when it's clearly not available for anyone?

He sent me and only me the link. You can have it from me for one billion dollars.

Or you can, you know, wait like a day for him to upload it. Seriously, it will be up within a day or two. Why the hell did you make a thread when it's clearly not available for anyone?
i was wondering if it got taken down. usually it uploads right away if it goes on live.

Does no one care that Rocky said she's glad her corner talked her into going back out there?

I have to agree with John on this one. Fighting is a dangerous business and if you're not 100% with it then you probably shouldn't continue for your own safety. We all seen what happened in the 5th round.

There's such an intense stigma against fighters quitting that a fighter calling it off themselves ruins their image.

The corner needs to be the one to call it off if it's a hopeless cause, especially if the fighter themselves seem lost.

One thing I disagree with John on, in closing he said something like what was gained by her going back in for the fifth round “Nothing” I am not sure that is correct, everything else he said was spot on..but maybe she gained some pride and confidence in knowing she finished the fight and did not quit..That could have some value.

Agreed.

If she quit while sitting on the stool, it'd haunt her for the rest of her career.

We still give BJ Penn shit for doing the same thing at UFC93, nearly a decade ago.

I doubt BJM is soft and weak for saying the same thing.
Pennington is less likely to get another title shot by chancing a risky move by going into the fifth when she was already physically and mentally out of it. In such a state, there was no way she could have pulled off a hail Mary move. What happened was predictable, she folded shortly after and turtled up waiting for the ref to stop the fight, hereby keeping to the unspoken no-tap rule.

Pennington was lucky she didn't suffer some more serious injury by coming out in the 5th.

MMA is not for you anymore. There is a legion of you fans that are scared of violence and over react to all damage inflicted.

This isn't a cartoon and damage / violence has always been real and always will be. Again it doesn't matter what anyone thinks because the fighter and her team agreed it was the right thing to do along with MANY other fighters.

You're just some crazy just bleed fan, who wanted her to pour more blood, you don't believe this bullshit was possible.

Nope.

I know that anything can happen in a fight and her chances were slim to none but as long as there is a chance you keep going and she did. She wasn't finished until the 5th round anyway.

I am a fight purist not a just bleed and i want legit finishes not this new age crap where everyone is ok with early stoppages and scared every punch gives CTE. It's fucking ridiculous.

John made some great points. Good watch, thanks.

Nobody forced her to go back out there. She could have called it herself anytime she wanted to.

Her corner may have foolishly convinced her to go against her better judgement, but they didn't force her. She should have showed conviction and waved it off herself if she felt she needed to.
Right because then no one would be calling her a quitter and a punk after insisting to quit. GTFO! You ever hear of peer pressure? Its very easy to be swayed by your people and coach.

Back